Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 164 Discussion/ 165 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 164 Discussion/ 165 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I guess that the fact that Baam's arrival were anticipating for a long time, increases the possibilities that Headon is part of FUG or has strong connections with it, given that he's the only character who has said something near to that anticipation: "It seems like the guess has finally arriving".

---------- Post added November 01, 2013 at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was October 30, 2013 at 07:16 PM ----------

I was waiting for TheCompany version. I see no bigger changes. I really liked Godai's funny note at the end....He's right, it's impossible to predict ToG.

I have had some hard time trying to understand some things of this chapter, but here my try with some parts of it. We know an ignition weapon is basically a weapon with a soul or a demon inside of it. In this chapter we learnt that the thorn was an ignition weapon, but that now is dead, and it only remains the shell of it. The dead of the thorn should have to be due to the fact that the demon that usually was inside of it, is no more inside of it. That demon is now inside Baam.

We also learnt that the fact that the demon is inside of Baam means that he is a living ignition weapon, and that fact marks the success of the Workshop/FUG search in the creation of a living ignition weapon with specifically the 'thorn-demon' inside of him. They did create other living ignition weapons (Horyan, Cassano), and keeps working after that because they found the red demon, and the they inserted inside of Baam.

So, that red demon has been inside the thorn-shell, and now inside Baam. Then Beta says that FUG's original plan was to provide Baam, (the living ignition weapon), with the thorn. Beta also says that the search discovered how to give Baam the power to ignite the thorn. So it would like a living ignition weapon (with the demon inside of it) mastering and managing an ignition weapon; which is a bit strange but possible.

But Beta also says that that plan was aborted, due to some objections made by some members of FUG. The new plan has two objectives: to give FUG the ownership of the thorn, in such a way that, (second) Baam, (the living ignition weapon) wouldn't interfere with their ownership over the weapon. Or, in other words, to neutralize Baam's will, and yet to be able to have and use the thorn, an ignition weapon capable to kill Zahard. To get that, they are putting a soul inside the thorn, which pretty much means that they are reviving the dead thorn. And it seems the soul to be put inside the thorn is Baam, which in turn, has also the red demon inside of it. It's like:

The thorn alive
    Baam
    Red demon capable to activate the thorn

This result will be different than the one searched before with Baam being able to control the thorn to kill Zahard on his own will. So this new result will have the peculiarity that Baam's will will not count, even if he is part of the thorn or is he is inside of it. Beta pretends that Viole suffer in watching how he kill's his friends. So Baam will have to be conscious inside of the thorn, but yet he will be obey blindly FUG's orders.

Of course, I'm not sure if this is it, but it's the best I can think of what we was told in the chapter (And I understand why SIU has to study to keep his plot working ). Does anyone understand it differently? Or have any other idea what is this 'put a soul inside the thorn' about?
    It's possible that the demon is still inside the thorn, but is dormant. I believe we were told that what Baam received was only a small part of it, which leads me to believe that the rest is still inside the thorn.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The thorn would be one of Enryu's spears, and only him, an irregular, could command it. (That could be the reason why FUG needed an irregular (not a regular like Horyang, or likely Beta) to be able to control it). You know what will be terrific?

1. Now Baam is converted to a some kind of automata that can activate the thorn and obey FUG.

2. Beta, driven by his grudge against Baam, attack Baam's friends. Since Baam is concious can see how that happens.

3. At the sight of his friends being attacked/killed, Baam's irregular factor enters the scene, and manage to overpower the thorn and his own condition. It would terrific because somehow it would put Baam a little closer to a big one like Enryu. (I wonder if that note SIU wrote about a powerful character appearing in this arc, would not be about Enryu).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The thorn would be one of Enryu's spears, and only him, an irregular, could command it. (That could be the reason why FUG needed an irregular (not a regular like Horyang, or likely Beta) to be able to control it). You know what will be terrific?
    I wonder if an Irregular (besides an Exis) has the power to kill a Guardian. But there's something that i'm truly sure is that a Devil or a God are able to do it.

If Mirchea or Karaka wanted to kill Zahard, they indeed will need the power of thorn embued with an Irregular's body and soul.
    An Irregular uses a normal weapon, can he kill Zahard with only the weapon or has to do it with his hands?

Excellent chapter, Teddy killed the kitty and Baam was betrayed for a friend he met 2 days ago x)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I wonder if an Irregular (besides an Exis) has the power to kill a Guardian.
    Enryu is a irregular that killed a guardian, and he is not an exis.... Only Phantaminium is an exis and he killed no guardian so far..

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    It's possible that the demon is still inside the thorn, but is dormant. I believe we were told that what Baam received was only a small part of it, which leads me to believe that the rest is still inside the thorn.
    I thought Baam recieved the soul to activate the thorn but now that fug is worried they are plotting to take it back.
    on a side note, will the thorn be inside the user?
    Mangekyou sharingan tobi is a spiral of errors that keeps growing indefinitely.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roggie View Post
    I thought Baam recieved the soul to activate the thorn but now that fug is worried they are plotting to take it back.
    on a side note, will the thorn be inside the user?
    the other FUG faction wants to put Viole into the real "Thorn" to give it a soul.. so that they can use it as an ignition weapon... but soo he will become a weapon and is under controll so they think
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Enryu is a irregular that killed a guardian, and he is not an exis.... Only Phantaminium is an exis and he killed no guardian so far..
    I was trying to say that Enryu could kill the guardian thanks to existence inside of the thorn, that could be a demon.

Anyway, with the phrase of 'the power that emerges when an Irregular handles the Thorn' blow off all my doubts. The Irregular is the one who gives the power to the weapon to be able of killing what is under Tower's contracts.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5