Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Feedback please!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback please!

Hiya! Well Im always afraid of theives but Ill go ahead and try this cause I'd like some feedback on this concept for a manga/ web-comic.

Alright so; life is pursuing as usually, until one day, randomly and suddenly, human lives become transferable. That means they can be given and taken (i.e. if someone is killed, the killer gets their life and they now have two lives. That extends their lifespan, and if they should die, they can exchange the other life instead).

I have a plot and everything written out, but how about this initial concept?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback please!

I like the idea of transferring life and how this would affect human relations, people could make use of that in a lot of ways... Good and bad...
    I'm a little skeptical about it having a "random" beginning though...
    You don't have any rules for how this would work? I see one that their lifespan would be extended but the two lives would still be somewhat separated right?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the feedback!

Yes, I do have a reason for why it happened; it is an exact science! It is only the majority of the people who view it as "random". However, I would rather not divulge that secret, since it is deeper into the story and I would hate to spoil it for prospective readers!

As to the seperation of the lives, yes there is a seperation of sorts! Think measurements! I apologize for being vague

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, ok, so that is a plot device too... that changes it...
    No, no, you don't have to tell that secret, actually, the mystery would be a key point here... this makes the story even more "darker", I like it! hoho

I would advice you to present this kinds of rules, like the separation of the lives, as the story moves on, this gives credibility to the plot and gets people to theorize around it more, I think...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the darkness of it!! And letting readers question WTF is happening is my goal, as you said! great minds think alike, I guess!

That is a very good idea, and I think it's implementation would fit well with the key mystery overall.

New Reply