Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hisoka

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka

So, I had to make a thread about one of my favorite HxH characters, and possibly one of my favorite characters ever.

What do you think about his motives? Who do you think he will side with next? In fact, we've seen him sided with almost every faction at some point in the series.

Hisoka is probably out there for himself only, and we know he's motivated by some good bloodshed. Although he seems like he's decent friends with Illumi, I can also see him backstabbing him at some point to meet his goals. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow finds his way to the dark continent, although I'm not quite sure what his motivation would be to go head out there.

I'm also curious what happened with Chrollo and the nen remover since Hisoka alluded that he's still broken and it didn't seem like he was hunting Chrollo down. I can't wait to see Hisoka and Gon again, and his reaction to how much Gon has 'grown' (if he's still able to use nen and whatnot).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hisoka

Hisoka is for sure in my top 5 favorite characters. I bet if Hisoka saw Gon go into "Gon Mode" he would have little jizzed all over the television screen lol. I think he will eventually side with Gon.

Off topic: Do you think Gon would have been able to beat Mereum(sp?) in his super mode? He was..... so... damn... vicious! I cant wait for it in the anime.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka will side with whatever is interesting~~ and would reward him with a satisfying fight, I suppose. Well, the thing about HxH is that it's hard to actually call one side as the "good" or "bad" side. He and Gon are kind of similar in that there are times they side with the good guys, but not for the right reasons (or for the same reasons as the people they are siding with.) They're both kind of selfish imo. I think he sees Illumi as more of a (temporary?) ally than a friend. He probably sees most people as allies for the time he sides with them (Kurapika in Yorkshin, Gon and Killua in the Dodgeball game, etc.)

I think the most interesting part about him is how he gauges other people. He seems to have a very keen eye when it comes to someone's potential, and he knows just the right buttons to push and how much farther he can push a character so they can further realize that potential (i.e. Gon VS Hisoka in Heaven's Arena.) I also find it interesting that he didn't kill off Leorio during the Hunter Exam. If you're interesting to him, you'll most certainly live longer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    Off topic: Do you think Gon would have been able to beat Mereum(sp?) in his super mode? He was..... so... damn... vicious! I cant wait for it in the anime.
    Personally I don't think so. But that's probably 'cause I think Netero is more powerful than the adult!Gon that fought Pitou, and he still couldn't defeat Meruem without the Rose. IIRC Gon transformed just enough to beat Pitou, so he would need to transform even more if he wants to beat Meruem (correct me if I misremembered though.) I'm not sure his body could handle such a transformation yet.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he could but it woudl be difficult, he was at his level according to Pitou and was certainly stronger than Netero, Netero's aura is not stronger than those of the RGs

Back on Topic: Do you think Hisoka can use Bungee on all his body, after his fight against Gotoh he used it on his legs and what would have happened if he was in the extermination team?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

He can probably coat his entire body in bungee gum yes. In fact i'm surprised that he doesn't seeing that bungee gum has defensive properties as well (he blocks razor's ball and
    Spoiler show
    with it) and it would enable him to coat the stuff on his opponents when he gets hit.

Now if Hisoka was in the extermination team, let's imagine his performance in the fights so far:

1.) Cheetu would be fucked. His speed would be useless: he'd get coated in gum, yanked to close range and cut to ribbons.

2.) Rammot would get cut in half immediately.

3.) Bat-ant would get the same treatment as Cheetu and Owl would get sniped by flying cards. Basically any nen user with weak defense who uses hit and run attacks is screwed against Hisoka.

4.) Ikalgo's bullets would be blocked by bungee gum if not ren. Hisoka would probably get the idea to use Ikalgo's gun on dragonfly ant. Turns out that isn't feasible so instead he snipes Ikalgo with cards, avoiding the cave trap.

5.) But say Hisoka does enter the cave. It would be a simple case of adhering to the cave ceiling with bungee gum. The piranhas would never reach him and so wouldn't the shark. No real reason to stay in the cave either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About Gon beating mereum, Poitou had stated he was glad Gon didn't fight him, hinting that he had a chance to beat the king. So going by that adult Gon was more powerful than Netero in raw power

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner allukachan's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, hisoka is one of my fav char!!!!!!!!
    until now hisoka never seriously in his fight!!!!, really want to see his limit power?
    i guess hisoka and gin is equally strong!!!!!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

He's my most favorite char ever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

too bad hisoka wasnt in the ant arc so many strong enemies there

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

He probably would've been bored by everyone other than the RG + King, who he probably wouldn't stand much of a chance of beating.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

If Hisoka was in the extermination Team????

i cant stop imagining Hisoka in the insect arc..... none of them would stand a chance... i am sure he would refuse to even fight the royal guards saying they are not worth killing and go straight to the king....

Hisoka is definitely one of the best characters for me from all manga series... he is cooler than kakashi and creepier than orochimaru all at the same time....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

New Reply