Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What will happen with Rael?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'll embrace the darkside and join Ignes

0 0%
  • He'll heroically stall for time until the big guns arrive

3 37.50%
  • He'll get captured instead of Seria

3 37.50%
  • He'll fight and lose

1 12.50%
  • He'll fight and win

0 0%
  • Other (please post)

1 12.50%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 300 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 300 Review

Last week's poll was on the interest level of Ignes. She actually scored better than I thought; with the majority going with moderately interested (including myself). But there is a solid chunk that went with not interested. So clearly she could use improvement. It's not good when you have a villain that makes that many fans yawn.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Ignes Kravei mad scientist and master of the backhanded compliment.

This week begins with the 9th Elder staring very unhappily at his now empty fluid tanks, that presumably once held the ninja-terminators currently attacking Seira. He pretty much immediately figures out who took them and where they are and he does not look pleased about it.

Meanwhile, Seira runs from the ninja-terminators which catches Ignes off guard because it's both shameful and prevents her from being able to avoid the attacks from the droids. In a quick flashback we are shown that this was her plan all along. To avoid the massive destruction caused by the last fight by drawing them out of the populated city to the ruined battlefield where the last fight took place.

When they arrive at the pile of rubble that was once the part of the city Franky fought in, Seira begins to fight in earnest. She holds her own at first against one ninja-terminator, until Ignes gets bored and sends in the other two. Their power and speed is just too much for her and the fight becomes very one sided.

But just as the fight nears it's end, Real appears and looks rather pissed off at Ignes upon seeing the state Seira is in.

Chapter Review

This fight in a nutshell.

Substance

Mostly a combat chapter setting up more combat chapters. The combat itself was pretty one sided and uninteresting, even though the actual way the fight was drawn was pretty cool. Seira never really had a chance here and that was clear from page one.

The main purpose seemed to be moving the site from the standard city rooftop background into a desolated area; which really is a much better setting for such a fight, honestly. So I'm glad they made the swap even if it did eat up the better part of chapter in the process.

Rael being first on the scene is pretty interesting to me. To be honest, I don't see how he has much more chance than Seira in this fight since she is supposedly stronger than him but from a character standpoint I'm interested in how he handles Ignes; who is much closer to his viewpoint regarding humans than anybody he's been around lately. This is likely to be a crossroads for him. And I'm legitimately interested in seeing that plays out (as long as it doesn't take too long); and I have to say I never thought I would have ANY interest in him.

Presentation

Art was some of the best we've seen in quite a while. Detail work was good overall. At times there were even those lighting and shading touches I love so much. The background work was solid throughout too. All in all, this was a consistently well drawn chapter. Making this the first week in a long time I haven't been staring daggers at Ablity.

Pacing wise, it was slow; even for a fight chapter. Spending almost an entire chapter changing location is tough to swallow, even if I think it was worthwhile and makes sense in the narrative.

Overall Rating

A well drawn, slightly dull, but necessary chapter; that was focused mostly on setting the stage for next week.

I give it a 3 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Can't think of anything.

Old Predictions: (25 Wins/ 35 Losses)

No changes

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; October 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 300 Review

Yes, Rael is not match here. I see he and Seira would be prisoners of Ignes who could be using them to provoke better matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    New Prediction

Can't think of anything.
    Take it back, please!
    Last edited by ukimix; October 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Rael will fight and lose... and then get rescued by Shinwoo... who takes out one of the droids.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Rael will fight and lose... and then get rescued by Shinwoo... who takes out one of the droids.
    Man, just the thought of that puts a huge grin on my face.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikhan will suddenly appear, having inherited the title and power of the Noblesse.

New Reply