Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Autumn Election : Preliminary Round

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Autumn Election : Preliminary Round

Autumn Election is coming! Probably the most important arc until now with many new characters and an expect for great Shokugekis. What are your expectations about this important tournament? Who are your favorites new characters? Will Yukihira win?

Discuss everything about Autumn Election here, before, during and after this important event in the series!
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 22, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autumn Election

Who is participating again? Takumi, everyone in Polar Star? Or did we never get a finalized list.

Rooting for Takumi and Souma of course. I just want to see secondary characters cook and get a few chapters though.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 40 has various new characters that will be in the Autumn Election, among them I don't have favorites, they were just presented rapidly after all, so I want to see these characters abilities, too. One of them was featured in the past week chapter.

I cheer for Souma, too, but I know that he is going to be okay, I can't cheer very much for Souma's type of character which already has some ability and talent. That said, I cheer more to Tadokoro, she has my sympathy with your personality, she doesn't have much confidence, but she has courage and she is one character that I hope a great development in this arc.

Regarding the tournament itself we don't have any information about its format, I am curious about this, I wonder if it will be like a playoff, system of groups or even something more creative.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have to add Hayama Akira to my people to keep watching list. He might really give Souma a run for his money in this election arc.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I might have to add Hayama Akira to my people to keep watching list. He might really give Souma a run for his money in this election arc.
    I don't know if the curry theme will be for the entire event or just for a part of it, but where curry enters Hayama is a tough opponent. I keep watching him, too, probably one of the finalists of the Autumn Election (or curry phase).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about whoever will be participating but I would highly anticipating over the battle too. I might vote Alice or Soma would make it into the Main Tournament...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

On the recent chapter we knew that the Autumn Election will have a preliminaries phase where only eight people will pass of the final phase. We know that there is almost 80 people in this contest and even among the characters who we know there is more than that. So, make your bets for your favorites characters!
    I believe I can use this page to make my bets, even though I remember that there was someone... But they are the most known.

Block A:
    This is more easy to predict than the other block in my opinion, Yukihira is quite obvious, I don't see he having any problem, Hayama is the second more quoted, he is specialized in curry and the biggest Yukihira's rival in this contest. Nikumi is the third, curry is made with meat almost always by what I know, I believe that her specialty can contribute as well. The last one is Alice's lackey, probably he hides some ability, otherwise he wouldn't be a lackey of her.
    Polar Star Dorm was not high in my bets, but they didn't show any real ability until now...

Block B:
    Alice seems the strongest so far, she surprised me with her dish before in the camp and she rivals with Erina, she is more strong than appears. I have my doubts if the Aldini brothers can cook well separately, but I believe that Takumi will pass, sounds more reasonable with the story, he is Souma's rival and seems more skillful than his brother. Erina's lackey is the third for obvious reasons, if she has Erina's respect, she has some ability. Lastly, Tadokoro because she has ability, just doesn't have much confidence, I hope that it doesn't disturb her cooking in the contest.
    This block has that crazy girl with long hair and other girl who talked with Tadokoro before, they unknown, they can surprise.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post

Block A:
    This is more easy to predict than the other block in my opinion, Yukihira is quite obvious, I don't see he having any problem, Hayama is the second more quoted, he is specialized in curry and the biggest Yukihira's rival in this contest. Nikumi is the third, curry is made with meat almost always by what I know, I believe that her specialty can contribute as well. The last one is Alice's lackey, probably he hides some ability, otherwise he wouldn't be a lackey of her.
    Polar Star Dorm was not high in my bets, but they didn't show any real ability until now...

Block B:
    Alice seems the strongest so far, she surprised me with her dish before in the camp and she rivals with Erina, she is more strong than appears. I have my doubts if the Aldini brothers can cook well separately, but I believe that Takumi will pass, sounds more reasonable with the story, he is Souma's rival and seems more skillful than his brother. Erina's lackey is the third for obvious reasons, if she has Erina's respect, she has some ability. Lastly, Tadokoro because she has ability, just doesn't have much confidence, I hope that it doesn't disturb her cooking in the contest.
    This block has that crazy girl with long hair and other girl who talked with Tadokoro before, they unknown, they can surprise.
    Well here is my own predictions for the upcoming camp
    Spoiler show

PS: We still want know about the names of both Alice's Partner and Erina's Secretary in the story. Anyone knows about it?
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; November 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Our beats are the same. XD
    Well, I think it is normal, there isn't much difficulties to predict, only if someone surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
    PS: We still want know about the names of both Alice's Partner and Erina's Secretary in the story. Anyone knows about it?
    I have no idea. That's why I put their "sub-names". XD

Waiting for more bets.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I think
    Spoiler show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Spoiler show
    I have some of few opinion regardless about the vote, here is my reason why (not a right or wrong thing, just merely my opinion)

1. Curry is Hayama's forte food and it is quite clear that he has the advantage that anyone else. Unless arrogance and momentum have got better of him, I don't see how he not win in his field especially confronting the Yukihira Genius, the only student/rival who spoken
    2. Megumi's dedication to win thanks to both event she witnessed; Yukihira-Shinomiya Shokugeki Feud and Mr.Yukihira's sudden visit to the academy, so wining is her main objective in this event. (and maybe you have your point that Megumi's confidence is just merely a fresh starts and with performance anxious still within her, it only halt her back.)
    3. Can't tell if the Polar Star Gang would make it into the Quarter Finals of the Main Tournament, though Shun is the possible candidate for that since he is another powerhouse/tactician of the Polar Star Gang. About Marui, I ain't sure if he has some trick of his sleeve despite seemly using his luck to achieve things (remember he is frail in physical assignment?), but I would see him if he has his chance to rival any of his Polar Star Gang even with the Yukihira Genius (if possible).
    4.Not sure if the Yuri Stalker has such chance, but since her motive is just the princess alone

P.S.:It is really hard to conclude whether Miyoko is Megumi new crush or rival, so I have to wait until more storyline involve her

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Attila's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Marui and Shun has a chance to advance.
    Shun is a "smoked dish" expert. And that's also requires a keen sense of smell.
    As for Marui, if you remember back he's always studying. So he's maybe a living "encyclopedia of cooking"-kinda. And the fact he is selected shows he has potential. Only not fit for a 28/7 working. :P

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true about Shun, I didn't remember this detail. It may help him, but his sense of smell is a bit different, I don't know how much it can help.
    Marui is always studying, but theory is different of practice. Souma is right when he says that he is more experienced, cooking is something that you must live to get experience. Everybody was selected, this isn't a valid argument. :P
    Marui is good, but how much? Is it enough to pass to he final stage? I don't think so, there are many stronger than him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Shun is a "smoked dish" expert. And that's also requires a keen sense of smell.
    As for Marui, if you remember back he's always studying. So he's maybe a living "encyclopedia of cooking"-kinda. And the fact he is selected shows he has potential. Only not fit for a 28/7 working. :P
    Here are some facts to counter it,

1.Practically, the only rival who has confirmed to have the keen sense of smell is Hayama the Curry Expert. Although Smoked Dish is Shun forte dish, it is hard to tell if Shun would have the same talent as Hayama.....
    2.Although the Brain of the Polar Star Gang did have the knowledge of ingredients, theories about cooking and etc., cooking physically is another situation, which Marui can't handle, something that is not paper work involved. If you take note on the chapters of the Hellish Training Camp Arc, he barely survive it with his luck (I don't meant he is weak, but he is much of the "geek-weak-in-physical-sports" stereotypical personality).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In this kind of event there must be some surprised otherwise it is not very interesting. I guess for block A the surprise will be Marui. He wasn't shown in chapter 48 and there was some mystery in his participation. I'm not sure Nikumi will be qualified. She already had enough exposure and I would prefer some new character to show.
    As for block B, Alice and Megumi seems compulsory pass. 2 Aldini brothers seems a bit two much but probably one will succeed. I don't really have preference for the 4th one.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast