Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ikumi Bambietta are sisters.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikumi Bambietta are sisters.

I have a theory that id like to share. And see if it comes out this way partially or not at all. Now some parts of the theory do not mean that the rest of it is true or not. But they support the theory as a whole. Like puzzle pieces that are too coincidental to be just there.

(part 1 the motherfigure)

-Ichigo has a Job when he returns from the fight with Aizen but no explannation is given how he got the job and it doesnt seem to me like he wanted to work in a eelshop yet he keeps calling it that. Suggesting to me that how he got the job is not something he was looking for, she force him to take the job?
    -At night she happens to drive by him as Ichigo runs away from his life where everyone got cut and thought Tsukishima was a person close to them. Thats a bit odd. Did she know he was in trouble?
    -Ikumi keeps offering to be a mother figure to Ichigo, this is more or less confirmed by her son who doesnt like seeing him around and his reactions are evident. But why would his employer be that much up front acting the mother. Being that familiar with him to know his mother is dead is a bit too much but it seems she knows.
    -Ikumi Stops Ginjo from going on with his talk about Ichigos family, a bit too cooincidental to me.
    -Ikumi can see the badge Ichigo has. Actually wants to return it, and when his dad is talking to him he is in his shinigami form. She waits patiently outside for them to finish, actually she shouldnt be able to see him in that form at all.

These things seem to me that she is someone who is closer to him then it seems.

(part 2 the son)

Her son is roughly 9/10 years old thats exactly right after the entire thing with the quincy selection, I put my money on it hes a halfblood at least. And hes born after it took place.

(part 3 aware of who ichigo is)

Ichigos zangetsu might be the guys power but its not like its the same person yet clearly their high and mighty king knows all there is to know about Ichigo. Safe to say someone is watching him for their side. Ichigo was supposed to be kept out of the fighting by Kirge but he failed. Suggesting that even if Ikumi is working for the enemy her role with Ichigo isnt a bad one. Shes merely keeping him out of trouble or thats the objective at least. And hes not to be harmed. So she has no ill will towards her.

(part 4 the alikeness)

Both Bambietta and Ikumi share similar traits to one another. The entire wearing a cap thing as well as their up forward ness. I know its not much but to me they do feel similar in personality. Another thing is they seem to look alike while clearly shes older and Bambietta is still a girl.

(the theory)

Ikumi Unagiya and Bambietta Basterbine are sister, both are alligned with the VDR where Ikumi has the job of watching over Ichigo. Like i said keep him out of trouble, and making sure hes not getting involved in the war. Seems like she failed. Well her shop is that of doing detective work/ surveillance so its not a far stretch.
    As for the sum, she can see the badge, can see his dad,stopped Ichigo from hearing first hand from Ginjo who his family is. She shows up at convenient times. That is, just before Ginjo could get to him, when Tsukishima turned his friends and family.
    Bambietta gives off the vibe of being Ikumis sister, and that itself is a long shot i know but it could work fine. Also it would give a incentive for Ikumi to fight if shes in trouble. Cause i doubt shed fight vs Ichigo just like that if she truely is a quincy.
    So for me its 2 theories in 1 that is Ikumi is a quincy and she is Bambiettas sister.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ikumi Bambietta are sisters.

Although its unlikely, I think it's more than just a coincidence that the Riruka (who had the raygun-looking-weapon) and Bambietta look very similar, and wear hearts as part of their costume!!! I'm not thinking sisters, however; I'm wondering if the world of the living, Hueco Mundo, the Soul Society and the Shadow World reside within parallel dimensions...in other words, I wonder if Riruka/Bambietta are Fullbringer/Quincy versions of the same individual!!!...

I know it's probably a loooooooooooooooong shot, but we've seen several characters who look very similar (in more ways than just using the same face .etc.); another example is Shutara and Nnoitra (although they're different in gender).

P.S. One interesting point on Riruka and Bambietta is that Riruka is a Human/Hollow hybrid, and according to one of my theories about the Sternritter, Bambietta is a Quincy/Shinigami hybrid; if this is the case, they are opposites of each other race-wise!!!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Although its unlikely, I think it's more than just a coincidence that the Riruka (who had the raygun-looking-weapon) and Bambietta look very similar, and wear hearts as part of their costume!!! I'm not thinking sisters, however; I'm wondering if the world of the living, Hueco Mundo, the Soul Society and the Shadow World reside within parallel dimensions...in other words, I wonder if Riruka/Bambietta are Fullbringer/Quincy versions of the same individual!!!...

I know it's probably a loooooooooooooooong shot, but we've seen several characters who look very similar (in more ways than just using the same face .etc.); another example is Shutara and Nnoitra (although they're different in gender).

P.S. One interesting point on Riruka and Bambietta is that Riruka is a Human/Hollow hybrid, and according to one of my theories about the Sternritter, Bambietta is a Quincy/Shinigami hybrid; if this is the case, they are opposites of each other race-wise!!!!!
    I get what your saying but your not disproving my points by merely pulling other comparisons. What im getting at is that Ikumi might be quincy and she would have someone to link with within that group. And that would be her. But who knows. Its only theory m8 dont blow your fuses over it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I get what your saying but your not disproving my points by merely pulling other comparisons. What im getting at is that Ikumi might be quincy and she would have someone to link with within that group. And that would be her. But who knows. Its only theory m8 dont blow your fuses over it.
    By no means am I blowing my fuses over it; I agree 100% with your theory!!!

If anything, I'm saying that there could be more than one link (i.e. Ikumi is the sister of Bambietta and thus Riruka too!!!)
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; October 24, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

The parallel worlds theory is going too far IMO, especially because those worlds have been portrayed as interconnected - souls circulate between living world and SS, and HM is a place where hollows have been gathering since forever (probably because shinigami don't have decent access to it and there's an abundance of reishi). At best, Schatten Bereich is world sort of parallel to SS, since Seireitei was switched with a very similar Ice Palace (but not to the extent of parallel individuals).

I don't want to completely exclude the sisters-theory, because of the JB - not really Zangetsu reveal (although that one was much more obvious), but it's more likely to be just a matter of one artist's drawing style.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Admit it, you would've never come up with something like that if Bambietta didn't look like Ikumi. People theorize they are related primarily because of their near-identical faces, everything else is secondary. Well, Tatsuki and Kukaku Shiba also look like them a bit, are they Quincy spies, too?

Tatsuki has been around since Ichigo was a little kid, and she is spiritually aware. Early in the Arrancar arc, she got mad at Ichigo when Orihime stopped showing up at school - was it simply because she was worried for her friend, or because she lacked information and was afraid she'd be punished by her boss? How come she was powerful enough to survive an Espada's soul-sucking AoE attack?

And Kukaku? That's one shady lady, the shadiest female character in Bleach, actually. How does she know a way to break through Gotei's barrier and why would she need it? Sure, it was convenient for Ichigo's gang when they came to save Rukia, but did she just build that cannon knowing he'd come someday? Who did she build that thing for originally? What kind of potential invaders does she work for? Who's the uncle she was afraid to upset by letting Ichigo go with Squad 0? Who doesn't want him to get stronger for this current war?

Conspiracy theories can be fun when you don't take them seriously. But when you do, they often turn out to be... unrealistic, to say the least.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing how Ikumi didn't even flinch when Ichigo was talking to Shinigami Isshin, she definitely has spiritual awareness. Why? We'll see, I guess. Why would she appear in the story? Motherly figure? Why put motherly figure in Ichigo's life?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Admit it, you would've never come up with something like that if Bambietta didn't look like Ikumi. People theorize they are related primarily because of their near-identical faces, everything else is secondary. Well, Tatsuki and Kukaku Shiba also look like them a bit, are they Quincy spies, too?

Tatsuki has been around since Ichigo was a little kid, and she is spiritually aware. Early in the Arrancar arc, she got mad at Ichigo when Orihime stopped showing up at school - was it simply because she was worried for her friend, or because she lacked information and was afraid she'd be punished by her boss? How come she was powerful enough to survive an Espada's soul-sucking AoE attack?

And Kukaku? That's one shady lady, the shadiest female character in Bleach, actually. How does she know a way to break through Gotei's barrier and why would she need it? Sure, it was convenient for Ichigo's gang when they came to save Rukia, but did she just build that cannon knowing he'd come someday? Who did she build that thing for originally? What kind of potential invaders does she work for? Who's the uncle she was afraid to upset by letting Ichigo go with Squad 0? Who doesn't want him to get stronger for this current war?

Conspiracy theories can be fun when you don't take them seriously. But when you do, they often turn out to be... unrealistic, to say the least.
    Its not just the alikeness in art but the vibe they give off. Bambietta of all the quincy gets a lot of screen-time without explanation. I doubt its to be paired off with Komamura. Also why emphasize on her sadistic nature? After all these are all expendable characters not? So she has a more lasting feel to her then the others and there is just 1 character without any other ties that is Ikumi. Why? Well she just popped up as Ichigos employer out of nowhere.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

She couldn't even see Isshin in his Shinigami form for god sake, how can you say she's a quincy ?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    She couldn't even see Isshin in his Shinigami form for god sake, how can you say she's a quincy ?
    Thats what you say.

What if she is working for VDR. And has to cover for herself so that Ichigo wouldnt suspect her? I mean if Ichigo knew she can see his dad in shini form then her gig would be up. So logically she would hide that fact.

Also its contradicted that she can see things belonging to the realm of the spiritual since she could see the badge, even returned it. Then she waited outside while he was talking to his dad about his mom and guess what? He was in shinigami form. Now if she could not see him why hide outside around a corner?

Then he says his byes to both of them to take off, and again Isshin is still in shinigami form. Tell me...isnt it odd?

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-537/page_16

He probably at this point didnt think anything about it but that badge is not supposed to be seen by regular humans.

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-183/page_11

Here is the proof. So you tell me why she can see the thing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Harshavardhan's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Ikumi is somewhat related to Masaki? Not sister.. But something from Masaki's father side. Since even after a 1000 years quincies dont age. I guess she could be a former sternritter or something.

Man I should write my own manga

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

One more thing does anyone feel Rukia and Kaoru Unagiya are somewhat a look alike. Same face cut just some shorter hair
    "It is sky... That allows the cloud to move about freely"
    --Harshavardhan

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Thats what you say.

What if she is working for VDR. And has to cover for herself so that Ichigo wouldnt suspect her? I mean if Ichigo knew she can see his dad in shini form then her gig would be up. So logically she would hide that fact.

Also its contradicted that she can see things belonging to the realm of the spiritual since she could see the badge, even returned it. Then she waited outside while he was talking to his dad about his mom and guess what? He was in shinigami form. Now if she could not see him why hide outside around a corner?

Then he says his byes to both of them to take off, and again Isshin is still in shinigami form. Tell me...isnt it odd?

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-537/page_16

He probably at this point didnt think anything about it but that badge is not supposed to be seen by regular humans.

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-183/page_11

Here is the proof. So you tell me why she can see the thing.

I stopped at the " What if "
    What if Ikumi is Aizen's sister ? What if Ichigo has a crush on Renji, how heartbroken Orihime would be ?

Not bashing or anything here, but you're basing your theory on an unproven assumption so...

Also about the badge, how can we know for sure that Ukitake was telling the truth back then ? We all know that the badge turned out to be a special device to keep an eye of the Substitute Shinigami and restrict the reiatsu too... So yeah

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this theory. I also had the same thought floating about in my head. Good calls my man!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harshavardhan View Post
    What if Ikumi is somewhat related to Masaki? Not sister.. But something from Masaki's father side. Since even after a 1000 years quincies dont age. I guess she could be a former sternritter or something.

Man I should write my own manga

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

One more thing does anyone feel Rukia and Kaoru Unagiya are somewhat a look alike. Same face cut just some shorter hair
    This is a possibility but she would have been introduced as a aunt or something i believe. Like Isshin would already have told him when he mentioned that his mom is a Quincy. I do believe she knows in detail about his mom btw. Like when she hugs him and tells him he should trust in his *elders* like ok.. he has a dad you know

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I stopped at the " What if "
    What if Ikumi is Aizen's sister ? What if Ichigo has a crush on Renji, how heartbroken Orihime would be ?

Not bashing or anything here, but you're basing your theory on an unproven assumption so...

Also about the badge, how can we know for sure that Ukitake was telling the truth back then ? We all know that the badge turned out to be a special device to keep an eye of the Substitute Shinigami and restrict the reiatsu too... So yeah

You asked, how can you say she's a quincy ?

And i said it. I gave you 2 links that show you about the badge. We already know about Tatsuki that she sees the badge and then sees him in his shinigami form. So its most likely that since she can see the badge she can see shinigamis too, and that shes just hiding this fact from him due to her *mission/position*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I very much doubt that they are sisters, it's just how Kubo draws his characters. Buzz B looks like Ikkaku with a mohawk and no make-up, that "D" Sternritter in Mayuri's lab looks like Aizen, Haschwaldt looks kinda similar to Tsukishima, one of the Sternritter girls looks like Orihime, etc.

I do agree though that Ikumi might have been faking it when Isshin was in her house, she could see the badge after all.

I think she could be more than meets the eye, she is a bit strange. She insists on being there for Ichigo and insists that he works for her, even though he was just supposed to be her employee. Or does he not work for her anymore? Not sure

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast