Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub 227 Discussion/228 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 227 Spoiler Thread (next chapter 7/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Hey, I have a right to ask these things. Beelzebub's female readership is 40%, which is big enough that other female readers will notice. I have driven a motorcycle, but when I was really young and someone else was obviously doing the steering. I'm not trying to take away from Hilda's sexiness, I know that's the point of the colorpage.

I didn't even realize the motorbike was well drawn but you're right, Tamura definitely loves his racy vehicles. The detail is really good. Ok, this is the last time I'm talking about shoes, I feel embarrassed now.
    Ohhhhh, still young Teeba its embarrassed, from getting caught to be a female love talking about not wearing shoes, or talk about shoes.
    I dont want to make you embarrassed in front of all these Members, Readers and Viewers, for being female and care about female Stuff.
    But aslong there is no Furichi on the Colorpage its hard for a Fangirl, to talk about something, while the Mainpoint was total clear on the motorbike.

I apologize on top of that amazing Motorbike with Hilda on the Bag to be embarassed you.

About the Chapter anything was saied befor, Oga will have a long Way to L.A. and will face a lot of Solomon Employe male and female. Another nice Woman Furichi can fall for her. But i predicted that it will come so and it was even hard to predict. Its been like the fight against Lord En, many opoonents befor the true big fight come at least. But this Time it want be Jabberwock.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing is, I'm not sure if we're meant to take the company guys that are being dispatched so far seriously. I can't imagine that they're going to be anything other than punching bags at this point.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The only thing is, I'm not sure if we're meant to take the company guys that are being dispatched so far seriously. I can't imagine that they're going to be anything other than punching bags at this point.
    Seems like it although I wouldn't be surprised if Fuji end up showing up in LA instead of Japan... I also have a hunch that the Demon lord may appear in this arc after all, and even those guys at hell back at when Oga went there

Now that I think about it, if we're lucky enough, it may be possible that Kunieda's parent are related to the company too, Kunieda did say that her mother I think went looking for her husband who was training or something, and since then he wasn't seen...

Also completely random but I think that the Demon Lord became the moron he is thanks to Saotome raising him, I guess he raised him or something along the lines
    Last edited by Zehahaha; November 08, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the colorpage, I thought the chapter itself was really good.

I love the different American stereotypes Tamura is bringing in here! Firstly, there's the Cowboy western set-up, where Oga, Furuichi, and Hilda are the lone rangers coming into town for their own reasons, only to end up helping out the town for being subjugated by an evil organization. I like that there are other characters being introduced other than the Solomon Company itself. I also chuckled over Michael constantly wearing his sunglasses -- seriously, its night time and you're still wearing them?! His kids definitely look and feel American: Brenda is such an American name and Duran looks like he's from the 80s, much like his boy-band namesake. Even the graffitti is very American, as someone who grew up in LA pointed out. And Corey at the end just takes the cake with his sideburns and retro glasses! I love it, much like how Beelzebub has a 90s vibe to it, America is depicted as a mashup of the 60s and 70s, and that just makes me grin.

The character interactions were great too! I like how much of a team Oga, Furuichi, and Hilda are becoming, and they're interactions play off of each other much more naturally. Like, during the Demon Portrait arc Hilda was tense and cold to everyone because she was thinking of Madam Iris. But here she is much more relaxed, and that shows she trusts Oga and Furuichi more than before. And Furuichi really surprised me because he didn't even hit on Brenda when he had every chance to! I know some people might find this odd, but I think it just shows how he's developed as a character too. He's still hopeless about women, and he was clearing blushing at Brenda, but it was a lot more subtle. Oga's characterization I feel has been discussed at length elsewhere, but I think its important he's being a lot more leader-like here, even when it's in comedic fashion ("well, we'll just have to leg it" LOL). Most of the time Oga can be passive regarding the "higher calling" but here (and last chapter) he's being a bit more proactive.

Yeah it was a good chapter. It wasn't a particularly flashy chapter full of cool character moments or great action, but it packed a lot in. I wonder if we'll see more contractors at a lower level or if Corey's thugs will be completely human. If they're human then I pity them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Seems like it although I wouldn't be surprised if Fuji end up showing up in LA instead of Japan... I also have a hunch that the Demon lord may appear in this arc after all, and even those guys at hell back at when Oga went there

Now that I think about it, if we're lucky enough, it may be possible that Kunieda's parent are related to the company too, Kunieda did say that her mother I think went looking for her husband who was training or something, and since then he wasn't seen...

Also completely random but I think that the Demon Lord became the moron he is thanks to Saotome raising him, I guess he raised him or something along the lines
    It could be that Fuji is Japanese American, but apparently Fuji is already in Japan. I guess he's too mysterious.

I would love it if Kunieda's parents were involved! Honestly that subplot has been introduced such a long time ago I just figured Tamura forgot about it. But if Kunieda's parents are related to the Solomon Company it could explain a lot.

We really don't know who Saotome's contractor is though. Its likely its the Demon Lord but who says Saotome is that old? Maybe they were contracted when they were similar in age.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2