Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Favorite characters, moments, jutsu

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Favorite characters, moments, jutsu

Hi guys, so im getting into writing and i just wanted to ask what are some of your favorite moments, characters and techniques/ zanpakto in the manga? and dont just write something cheesy id like to know in depth why you like a character the way you do, whether they relate to you or you just like what their about. your favorite zanpakto's of the manga and your favorite moments.

id help a lot if you guys would write. anywho thanks you to those who write! have a good day

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite characters, moments, jutsu

lol i messed up by putting jutsu but you know what i mean

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my favorite current character is bambietta the sternritter E

she is cute and a complete nutcase , villains like her are part of what make bleach such a great manga

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a lot of characters in BLEACH, but there are some that just resonate with me much more than other theother characters in the manga. Even more-so than characters from other series. I'm going to put this out there now, I'm not as eloquent as I'd like to be, so I sometimes find it hard to put my thoughts into the proper words, so I'll try my damndest to do so in a way that truly represent how I feel about these characters. Some will be more in depth than others and some will probably be for shallow superficial reason, but it is what it is. This list is in no real order, though I do have some specific favorites in this list that I will address.

Ishida Uryu

I love everything about Uryu. His look, his mannerisms, his agendas, everything. He is intelligent and has a distinctive aura about him. But one thing that makes him an interesting character is his relationship with Orihime. I'm going to just put this out there now. I think by the end of the series, Uryu is going to get with her. The way Kubo has them interact every time they get together just screams it. But right now, she still really "loves" Ichigo, so we'll see. The scenes are sprinkled through the series. When they first go to S.S. and the both of them are separated together, while Ichigo was fighting against Byakuya, when he heard she got kidnapped, when he arrive during Ichigo and Ulquiorra's final fight, when he was recently at Ichigo's house and she said some crap about liking that he's friends with Ichigo, and a couple of other tiny scenes. I personally don't like Orihime due to that little "Kurosaki-Kun" outburst, but I will tolerate her if she ends up with Uryu. He is also quite the boss. He was calm and collect when he freaking attempted to go toe to toe with Ulquiorra, even though he knew that dude was much stronger than he was. But did that stop him? Nope, he lost a hand and kept on trucking. But is that it? Nope. After Ichigo's dumbass hollowfied into Ichigonator, he went up to him, after seeing him take out Ulquiorra like it was nothing, and stopped him from doing the finishing blow. Although he got stabbed for his troubles, it was an awesome scene. He took action and attempted to save his friend from losing his humanity. I think I've written enough about Uryu, so I won't even go into detail about my thoughts on his lineage and why I think he is destined for awesomeness, but I will just say this for now; I expect great things from him in this upcoming arc and his role in this arc is something I am really looking forward to.

Kaname Tosen

Ah, nearly everyone's least favorite Captain. You'll soon see, but I have a tendency to end up liking characters that nearly everyone else dislikes for some reason. But that's okay, it makes me feel special. Tousen is quite the interesting character that I can actually somewhat relate. Aside from him being an awesome black character(let's face it, they are a fucking dime a dozen), he is a great complex character that actually deserves a lot more love than he's given. I love his views on justice and I can honestly understand his reasoning's for it, you could even say I agree with it. He had seen justice fail him when the man who killed his friend is allowed to get away unpunished and so he sets off to right the wrongs with his own hands. He wants to be the pacifist his friend was, but he can't because deep down, he still hates the world from taking her away from him. He wants to be justice. His zanpakuto shows that as well. One which represented his friend's, Suzumushi, and one that represented himself, Suzumushi Nishiki, Benihiko. One was a humane ability, while the other was quite savage, showing that Tosen wanted to be the judge, jury and executioner. For the longest time, I thought he had two spirits within him. I thought it would be revealed that he was special in some way that allowed him to do so and I thought during the final parts of the war, it would have been shown that he had a second bankai, since Benihiko had an entirely different activation phrase. While one the subject of his abilities, he was seemed to be quite the genius, being a 5th seat when he achieved bankai. That's something. When he revealed his reasoning for doing what he did, I didn't blame him. He started to love the system that took his friend away from him. It doesn't excuse his actions, but shit, that's something tough to deal with. He's a tragic character that just wanted some justice that went crazy in the process and joined a man who probably promised him what he wanted. He's a great character and one of my favorites. P.S Read this.

I have more characters, but I'll post them later.
    Last edited by eefrit; November 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofcourse Gin Ichimaru The mystery, the power and how he utilized his being a genius. Heck i can make a whole book out of his character alone. Also his zanpakutou is the best zan for me.. how fast it moves event though he exagerrated things by saying the fastest and longest but it is still fast and long regardless of the claims he said that it was not entirely true.. And my favorite moment even though he died is when he released his bankai touching Aizen's chest to pulverize him, if not for that hogyokou he would be dead.. ^__^

He's so cool!!! I can't help my self from cringing! I hope he's still alive but that's unclear now...huhuhuhh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nerd-out time.

Favorite Characters:

Gin. I liked the mystery behind him, and the fact that he walked everywhere with his eyes closed. I liked that he turned out to be someone with his own agenda, and not just a good guy pretending to be a bad guy.

Mayuri. Mayuri is weird and a psychopath. He has the best outfits and a sick looking bankai (one of my favorites). His voice in the anime fits him so perfectly. All of these things together make him a fantastic character.

Yamamoto. Typical old-guy-is-the-ultimate-badass. Really not much more to it. There's just something really awesome about making someone foam at the mouth just by staring at them really hard.

Sui Feng. I still call her Bitch Ninja.

Shunsui. Doesn't follow the cliche of "let me wait for you to finish talking before I attack". His personality and fighting style, more than anything, keeps my interest.

Favorite Zanpakutou:

Sode no Shirayuki. It's beautiful and has awesome abilities.

Ashisogi Jizou. As I'm typing this, I'm recalling a dream I had that involved Mayuri's zanpakutou. His bankai is one of my favorites, too.

Suzumebachi. Unique in that it's the biggest middle finger Soifon could give to someone. Plus, it's release command is awesome.

This remains one of my favorite moments:
    http://youtu.be/nHcuKDgz1Po?t=5m13s

As Nodt is one of my newer favorite characters. His design is actually quite creepy.
    His speech on fear was some of Kubo's better writing. That particular chapter had some awesome compositions as well.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

all time my favorite character is ulquiorra

he was just a complete badass, a great "villain" because he was strong yet also had good morals and character

he did his job but wasnt truly evil in my opinion

i loved his personality, character design and fighting ability

his fight with ichigo was my favorite fight in all of bleach

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Next up

Aizen: Lovely, lovely God of a character literally. He is one of the most genre savvy villains and someone who was just so unstoppable during his fight it was ridiculously awesome. His reveal as the first primary antagonist was so incredibly amazing and out of left field. He's just a master manipulator who thrashed the entirety of S.S. and friends and couldn't be beaten except by the main character who haxxed his way to more power and one shot him at the end. Even then, it didn't kill him 'cause he is just so badass. Talking crap to his jailers and managing to trick the new antagonist whist still locked up in jail. Oh and then there is this little gem.
    Spoiler show

"Just as planned" indeed.

Mayuri: Another awesome genius character, who is also a bit of an insane sociopath. He is so talented, that they apparently waved his crimes and allowed him to become a captain. Not only that, they still allow him to do his psychopath thing with no repercussions. Nothing much more I can say. Even Urahara vouches for him.

I got a few more characters left but lets go with weapons and techniques.

Zanpakuto

Ryujin Jakka: "Turn all creation into ashes" Fire that burns with the same intensity as the sun! Can't go wrong with it. I used to find fire overrated, but this Zanpakuto is just to awesome to not like.

Kyoka Suigetsu: Illusion Micheal. This is a boss weapon. The fact that it could make S.S. think that a whole bunch of dead guys were actually alive and have them act as if things were normal is quite powerful. I imagine that even the Royal Guard would have troubles with an ability as potent as this one.

Suzumushi: Vibrations are awesome. And it can deprive one of all of their senses except touch? Awesome as hell. Only the hax of Kenpachi could stand up to it as we saw in TBTP. Allowed Tousen to take out 2 Captains and 3 Vice Captains while he was a 5th seat.

Shinso: One of the deadliest blade and potentially most efficient. Add a bit of poison to the mix and you got an awesome Zanpakuto.

Katen Kyokatsu: Duel bladed awesomeness that turns children's games into deadly reality. Awesome name and owner as well.

Los Lobos: An awesome and surprisingly modern resurrection that's looks good and is also functional. Besides, duel wielding guns! Can't go wrong. Wish they showed his other types of ammunition.

Murcielago: Specifically Segunda Etapa. It's so bestial and primal which adds to the fear and desperation of the chapters where he pretty much dominated Ichigo more handily than all the S&M clubs in all of the World, S.S., and Huenco Mundo. Lanza Del Rampalago and Cero Obscurus are freaking cool as well.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like Aizen's Zan, KS, "SHATTER" kills all the miinions of barra.. so awesome

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

favorite characters..

Byakuya: I love everything about this guy. Ever since his debut in the manga. He gets right down to business. His speeches, what he says to his enemies are very interesting. His calm demeanor, makes very careful judgement and doesn't let his emotions cloud his judgement like typical characters. He is prideful, a trait that most would hate him for. I admire it.

kenpachi..badas, crazy guy..That sums it up. His comments are some of the funniest in bleach. Acting upon instinct, I can relate to that. Although, that may not be the best choice at times but I like that he is fearless. He is a true warrior.

Grimmjow..This guy is entertaing, I find very entertaining. Says whatever comes to mind, doesn't care what anyone thinks. Gets to the point, enjoys fighting and represents a perfect asshole.lol

Yoruichi..Laid back, calm, and intelligent. I like her playfulness and she playful flirts with ichigo. She is a fun character, not tense and uptight but when the time calls for it.

favorite zanpaktos.
    ..Ryūjin Jakka..is like the strongest ever. it's hard to describe why I like it. Suigetsu is a troll just like it's master. manipulating people and control what they perceive is an interesting ability. hyourinmaru..yeah most people are probably tired of seeing it. I like ice powers. It relates to my cold personality, distant personality.

favorite moments:
    when ichigo got his power back in the last arc. I can't think of any right now..I'll be back for this one..
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOL'ed at the jutsu part.

Anyway my favorite characters are:

Sui Feng - she's badass, I like her fighting style, her background story and she can nullify poison. I like her shikai but doesn't like her bankai at all.

Unohana - I like her calm demeanor and yet she is one of the best fighters in SS. Her zanpaktou is also cool (shikai i.e Manta Ray; bankai: im not sure what it does)

Shutara - even though she is just recently revealed I already liked her just like Mayuri.

Mayuri - nothing more to add. Refer to their post above ^

Urahara - comic yet intelligent.

Hachigen - I just like his powers (I remember Kekkaishi when he use his powers) even though he is kind of laid back, he is still dependable

Moments

I think one of the most memorable moments for me was when Inoue was saying goodbye to Ichigo before going to Hueco Mundo. I will always remember the term : " Goodbye Halcyon Days"

Yumichika Vs. Charlotte - it was so hilarious.

Regarding the techniques

Shunkou - old version and eternal version

As Nodt's Fear

Hadou and Bakudou - all of them

Spatial Rejection - courtesy of Inoue Orihime

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite characters
    • Isshin: The guy is simply a badass. The moment I saw him, even without knowing he was a Shinigami he was just epic. All those comic relief moments and then later finding out that he is a Shini and is quite powerful was just orgasmic.
    • Gin: The mystery around him and the fact that no one ever knew or ever will know his true intentions. I like his sadistic nature, seems to only suit him out of all the characters in the mangas ive read.
    • Shinji & Kyouraku: Favorite Zanpaktous, Favorite Release commands and their attitudes are just win win no matter the situation IMO. Shinjis laid back playful attitude and his constant bickering with Hiyori had me sold (If his character design didnt then that simply sealed the deal). Kyouraku in the SS arc when he was just chilling sipping sake and waiting for Chad... I mean, how can that not make you love him. His reluctance to fight and lazy attitude sort of reminds me of me but when he gets serious he resorts to anything to win, he does not follow principles that make most of us want to kick kubo in the teeth (explaining your abilities, well he did but at the same time he was attacking the enemy and not just idle)
    • Urahara: Mostly the same reason why I love most laid back characters. His intellect and dialogue is always intriguing and he is just as mysterious as Gin. The fact that he has all this knowledge and potential to use it yet he refrains from it just makes me respect him even more. His Zanpaktou is beautiful.
    • Kenpachi: No words needed.

Favorite techniques.
    • All Katen Kyokatsu abilities.
    • Sakanades reverse world.
    • All of Zanka no Tachi abilities.
    • Cero (regardless of who is doing it)
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite characters: kisuke, aizen, zaraki and shinji.
    Favorite fights: shinji vs grimmjow; aizen vs isshin; juha bach vs CC
    Favorite scene: kensei mugurama as a hollow for the first time and ichigo's FGT.
    Favorite Technique: Hado 88. Hiryu Gekizoku Shinten Raiho.
    Favorite Swords: Kyoka Suigetsu

As for Hollows:
    Barragan and his ability.
    Last edited by danzouismadara; November 09, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite characters: Isshin, Kisuke and Gin.
    Favorite Zanpakutou: the first Zangetsu.
    Favorite Zanpakutou release command: reduce all creation to ash.
    Favorite Zanpakutou technique: Mugetsu.
    Favorite Kido spell: hiryu gekizoku shinten raiho.
    Favorite fast movement technique: Sonido.
    Favorite Hollow attack: Cero.
    Favorite fight: Ichigo vs Grimmjow (round 3)
    Favorite moment: when Ichigo owned the three vice captains.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Characters?

Byakuya. In every anime and manga I enjoy, it's always the "well-rounded, yet not most powerful prodigy" character I gravitate to. He's the Sasuke Uchiha of the Bleach universe, and that's what I love about him.

Byakuya is elite at everything, without actually being the best at any of it, meaning he's at home in any type of fight without being too overpowered for it to look like a struggle. There are some characters who would be boring against some types of opponents, but Byakuya has the moveset to make any fight interesting. He has ranged options with Kidou and his Bankai/shikai. He has expert zanjutsu for cool close range fights and enough speed to make it look badass. He has multiple different dynamic forms of his bankai (one of which has wings, and we all know wings make EVERYTHING look cooler). And he has that "I'm simply better than you" regal attitude. Too cool.

Ukitake. He's looking to be one of the least psychotic of the captains, lmao. I don't think there are very many captains that I can honestly say are Nice Guys. Not to mention he seems to be more of a Byakuya-type character (focuses on technique and finesse as opposed to power).

Ulquiorra: He's essentially Hollowfied Byakuya. Don't hate. You know it's true.

Favorite techniques

Kido and Bakudo: They're more varied than zanpakutou abilities and can be used to guage a character's intelligence and skill.

Senbonzakura Kageyoshi: If Kubo would use this zanpakuto the way he could then Byakuya would be unstoppable. Imagine him splitting the blades into such small portions that he can have you breathing them in without even knowing it, before he expands them and tears you apart from the inside. Imagine him flattening the blades against his skin as make-shift armor. Imagine him hiding his blades within his Kidou and Bakudou.

Suzumushi: Two different abilities! One of them is similar to SKY in that it makes multiple blades. The other uses sound to disorient the foe. That's one of those "You can't block my attack" type hax moves. Step 1, deafen 'em. Step 2, decapitate em'.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply