Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Really Think That Grimmjow Jaggerjack Is So Strong?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Harshavardhan's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You Really Think That Grimmjow Jaggerjack Is So Strong?

Do you really think Grimmjow is strong enough to defeat a Sternritter in a single slash?

We have seen in the Arrancar act that he ate dirt fighting against all the opponents. Not even a single captain was able to stand against the Sternritters albeit crouch. Due note that all these captains were able to stand toe to toe with the Espada.

I seriously doubt it would be someone else who killed Quilge Opie. Any one think so?
    "It is sky... That allows the cloud to move about freely"
    --Harshavardhan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Really Think That Grimmjow Jaggerjack Is So Strong?

It's definitely Grimm. The pants, the tone when he heard Ichigo's on the other side of the line. Those hints were clear enough.

It's not all that surprising that Grimmjow got that strong in the meantime, especially if Kubo so wishes. 2 years are a lot of time.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seeing as how Quilge was already nearly dead anyway and it was a sneak attack, yeah, Grimmjow is probably powerful enough to do at least that.

We also know Arrancar are capable of getting stronger as we've seen with Nnoitra, who was once the 8th Espada and managed to shoot up to being the 5th. Grimmjow, as his flashback had shown, was quite ambitious in his quest for power. After the war with Aizen, he probably went about his way getting stronger so he could one day have a rematch with Ichigo(although he probably didn't know he lost his powers after the war). Depending on how hard he trained, it's quite possible he could have reached the level Ulquiorra, Harribel, Barragan, and Starrk were at while the Espada still existed, meaning he could quite powerful and a great asset. As for his previous fights? He did quite well for someone who didn't even use his resurrection until he fought Ichigo. And the times he was losing, against a newly visored trained Ichigo and a hollowfied Shinji, he only had one arm and was surprised that the two could do such a thing. If he released the fight would have been a lot tougher.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to discredit his strength, but I just think Grimmjow caught Quilge off guard. To be fair, Urahara and Ichigo did weaken him, leaving a big hole in his torso.

The hints we have greatly suggest it's Grimmjow.
    An arrancar makes sense. An Espada makes more sense. The strongest Espada that's still alive was captured, leaving Grimmjow the only one left that fits with the hints.
    Last edited by Exodi; October 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow had lots of time to power-up, Kirge (Quilge) was weakened greatly by Urahara's Benihime and could move only because of Ransou Tengai. And he didn't use his Blut. His body wasn't that hard to cut.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Defeating quilge at that point is not really that impressive. Quilge got his ass royaly handed to him, ichigo easily outclassed him in every regard and on top of that urahara shot a beam through his chest. Grimmjow in turn would have walked up to him at 100% strength. Honestly, I don't think such a thing would have been difficult for any espada or captain at that particular point. As far as grimmjow's strength, I can easily imagine getting better results from 2 years of training than with other species. Arrancar are naturally in a hybrid stage at their base form (in turn vizards need to put on a mask) and their resurreccion can potentially change depending on the whole adjuca or VL thingy. As far as growth potential the only one around alive that would realistically match him is hitsugaya who back then needed to take an important step towards actually fully mastering his bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll certainly be stronger than before. Unlike Harribel, he had a massive incentive to train, what with being beaten by Ichigo. As far as he's concerned, their fight probably never even ended since Nnoitra interrupted. I don't know how much stronger he'll be though. In fact, I don't know how to compare him to any Captain, since his only opponent was Ichigo and he jumped between trouncing him and getting beaten by him. But as others have said, sneak attacking Quilge is no big feat. Quilge was on death's door and given that he didn't see Grimmjow behind him may not even have had his Blut engaged at that point.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

He's most likely gotten stronger than before, but not to the point where he will affect the tides of war...... He's part in the war will probably be very minimal and just brought in for fanboyism and ratings.(i think) Heck they even trying to put back those dead foolbringers i mean Fullbringers. But i guess he's quite strong now and around nnoitra level.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...mmm..Iam thinking it's Don Kanoji,who had become a Grimmjow-ish type of character for some reason,who cut Quilge in half =p

Opie was going to attack them.
    Spoiler show

His Blut was probably was in Arterie mode which is why he was cut so easily,Even if it was in Vene mode Grimmjow might've cut through it.I think he can.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Harshavardhan's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

If it really is Grimmjow then I guess Aizen must have already planned something out from the start using him for this arc.

Overestimating Aizen is always an Understimation of Aizen.

This guy is a rockstar.. I am sure he and Grimmjow have some plan from the long back.

Just think what would happen if Urahara and Aizen work together.

End of Quincy.... Wham Bham
    "It is sky... That allows the cloud to move about freely"
    --Harshavardhan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be that Grimmjow consumed Yammi to gain an enormous amount of strength; after all, we never actually saw Yammi dissolve after he was defeated, and I doubt Grimmjow would pass on an opportunity like that!!!

If Grimmjow did this, he may well be multiple times more deadly that Yammi ever was; Yammi was the strongest Espada, but he was slow and sluggish, which could be why Zaraki and Byakuya killed him with relative ease!!! Grimmjow, however, is extremely skilled when it comes to fighting; put all of Yammi's energy into his body, and you've got yourself a monster!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Arrancar even eat other Arrancar? I mean, I know Szayel did so, but he had those custom made to heal him and they didn't make him any stronger(as far as we know anyhow). I think once a hollow becomes an Arrancar, if they haven't reached their full potential yet, they can continue to gain power as a Shinigami does and evolve through training and fighting. I don't think it was ever stated whether or not Nnoitra ate any of those other Arrancar he defeated. He was just fighting with them while looking for stronger opponents. That's how Arrancar become stronger I think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

We do have to remember Quincy's can only use blut when not attacking. Kirge was just about to attack someone so no doubt about it his blut was not active. But Grimm definitely fits the profile of what we have seen so far.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think you should compare everything on powerlevels and such as if its written in stone. Because personal skill and the lack there off on Kirges behalf. Also Kirge could have been surprised after all he did get sliced from the rear.
    Regardless of how strong a opponent is if he messes up and gets killed then his strength and skills dont matter.

Also on that note you cant just say because Shinigami beat Espada therefore its impossible for a Espada to ever beat a sternritter.

Examples in real life would be like F1 racing? At the moment Nr 1 is Vettel from RB racing, so wouldnt Webber also from RB racing be nr 2? I mean they drive cars from the same garage, same overall stats on the machine. But hes nr 5 and a lot of other racing teams are in between. It just means that skill and opportunity outweigh stats.

In a manga story usually the main hero is the best of the best when it comes to stats, power and special moves. But in the end its skill and opportunity that make someone win. Only a few in this story are that beastly that on stats alone they win > Kenpachi. Or that Alon thing thats now gone. But those are exceptions.

I believe that even if in mere power Grimmjow might not be able to win but hes a warrior that has a lot of experience in his belt and will be able to win even if his opponent is stronger, matter of fact it will make him win because the opponent will underestimate him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow people really overestimate Grimmjow, killing a dying Quilge is not a feast ( in my opinion if people use that feast to sum gimmjow power they actually insult him) now about Grimmjow, is he strong? Yes, he is without a doubt his a captain class in release form, is he strong enough to chance the tide o the war? Nop, probably the people that are strong enough in bleach that can chance the tide of the war u can count them on one hand, overall Grimmjow power wise is where he should be as a character he is, his not strong enough to challenge the BIG Fish and his not weak enough to lose vs weakling, his in the middle of the pack in my opinion

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast