Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Really Think That Grimmjow Jaggerjack Is So Strong?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Really Think That Grimmjow Jaggerjack Is So Strong?

Lot can happen in 2 years. He's probably way stronger than he was before.
    But to be fair, cutting a Quincy not using Blut Vene in half is same as cutting a normal human in half. Ok, maybe a little harder, but it doesn't really say anything about Grimmjaw's current power.
    But let's be realistic. Kubo didn't just bring him back without giving him a power-up. It's all in the context. As I said 2 years is a long time, and Grimmjaw was already strong and he probably developed more. Also, unlike Hallibel, he was never caught, which should also say something to any reader who knows how to take hints.

I don't think it would be too unrealistic to expect Grimmjaw could give a good fight to a Quincy.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, Urahara may be able to increase Grimmjow's power growth. Maybe, he has a second release like Ulquiorra now or something much better and stronger. He is still my favorite Espada / Arrancar. It's a shame, he got taken out of the "Arrancar Arc" like that, I wanted to see more of him towards the conclusion of that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as many here already said it wasn't that big of a feat to take down dieing Kirge...
    Still, I do think Grim managed to power-up considerably. At least I think he might have gotten to the same level as Ulquiorra was, but he should be still weaker than Harribel.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Grimmjow, he's probably a match for one of the mid to low-tier Sternritters, akin to one of those sliced apart by Kenpachi. I can't see much more from him. He shouldn't have increased his power by much since his loss to Ichigo. Two years might seem like a lot, but for individuals that have already been operating on timescales that go for centuries, it isn't a big deal.
    Last edited by Miyagi; October 30, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

As you may have noticed, this is a thread about Grimmjow, I moved all posts about Ulquiorra to "Segunda Etapa is no big deal" thread, please continue the discussion there. Any further posts about Ulquiorra will be deleted.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    As you may have noticed, this is a thread about Grimmjow, I moved all posts about Ulquiorra to "Segunda Etapa is no big deal" thread, please continue the discussion there. Any further posts about Ulquiorra will be deleted.
    well when discussing how strong gimjow is it is necessary to compare him to others

however i do approve of the espada thead, i will be posting in it!!!! thank you for not deleting my posts and choosing to move them

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What confuses me about this thread is just how strong grimmjow is expected to be in the grand scheme of things. Grimmjow was the 6th espada however that does not immediately translate to him having been weak back in the day. It is true there is not much to compare him to given he mostly fought ichigo however that does not mean he was weak altogether nor that his previous power would be irrelevant in the current war. The manga has not even been clear in regards to how the stern riter compare to the captains to even suggest he would be that irrelevant even with his power from 2 years ago. So far the manga has given quite a bit of hype to the stern riter however even that has come only with the captains having a number of things against them. First the badges, which reduced the captains powers to but a fraction of what it could be, and now bambietta while in volstandig getting a hit on on bankai shinji. The main issue the captains would have right now is numbers provided they do not get immediate backup. There are only 12 captains around and urahra to fight the stern riter and everything seems to indicate the stern riter in general outclass the VCs meaning that SS secondary asset is mostly worthless. Still, there is no reason so far for us to think the stern riter do outclass the captains by so much. If the stern riter in volstandig do outclass the captains in bankai by quite a bit then the situation would be different however so far it is still too early to suggest that. Perhaps the stern riter do outclass the captains by that much however until we actually see such a thing there is no reason for us to think grimmjow, or any other espada for that matter, would be that irrelavant here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

For starter, Grimmjow can't beat Haschwald and this is a given.

If I compare him with other espada then he's around Ulq 2 or Stark at best, can't climb higher than those 2 with reasonable logic.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, but haslwald is not the only stern riter. He is simply the leader of the stern riter. He is strong but grimmjow does not have to be as strong as him to be relevant.

That said, I would argue the manga has presented more than enough circumstances for grimmjow to grow enormously more powerful on his own. To begin with grimmjow is an hybrid. As such his potential for growth should be stronger than any other pure soul because he has abilities and traits from a multitude of souls on top of having abilties which are unique to arrancar (sonido or hierro for instance). For all we know even his growth rate can be greater than with normal souls. Then we have the fact that resurreccion can evolve over time for arrancar considering the changes we have seen in their masks, zampakuto and potentially their resurreccion. Shinigami are one thing, they take hundreds of years to grow stronger and have significant increases in reiatsu. Even now most captains that became stronger simply mastered new techniques however they did not necessarily have the time for their reiatsu to increase significantly. With grimmjow due to his status as a hybrid he could arguably grow stronger well faster than normal souls. And of course the final consideration here would be segunda etapa. If grimmjow gets one on top of whatever increase of power he might have had due to regular training and evolution he might as well become a reasonably big player. I am of the school of thought that segunda etapa is basically an arrancar's actual equivalent to bankai (even if resurreccion alone already has similarities to bankai according to urahara).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    For starter, Grimmjow can't beat Haschwald and this is a given.

If I compare him with other espada then he's around Ulq 2 or Stark at best, can't climb higher than those 2 with reasonable logic.
    Not even close to stark

the la primera espada

look i like grimjow as much as anyone, he had a great personality , cool character design

and gave us one of the best fights in all of bleach

but to think he could beat stark harrible or the king of heuco mundo is really stretching it

and no way in hell is he stronger than yami at 0 form or ulquiorra in final form

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow has enough potential to upgrade to both Ulq and Stark levels even though those 2 are smarter than him no doubt. Barragan power is too hax to consider here, besides it's a wrong type too.

At most, Grimmjow can reach to Kenpachi who is nothing but a good sacrifice lamb for Bach.
    Last edited by MBVC; November 01, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Grimmjow has enough potential to upgrade to both Ulq and Stark levels even though those 2 are smarter than him no doubt. Barragan power is too hax to considered here, besides it's a wrong type too.

At most, Grimmjow can reach to Kenpachi who is nothing but a good sacrifice lamb for Bach.

When Grimmjow comes back to the scene, it's gonna be one of the greatest moments, hopefully, in the Bleach manga series. Hopefully, he'll reveal a second release to his power, that'd be awesome.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    When Grimmjow comes back to the scene, it's gonna be one of the greatest moments, hopefully, in the Bleach manga series. Hopefully, he'll reveal a second release to his power, that'd be awesome.
    Im waiting for same thing as you..
    Just as kkck wrote in few posts- segunda etapa for Grimmjow would be like arrcanars Bankai.
    As for Grimmjow I would say that currently he can be a match for Bazz B in final form- Grimmy would need second relase for it but this fight would be great imo and I am still expecting it to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well if he devoured yammy then yes since imagine yammys immense power condensed and added to grimmjows power.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    well if he devoured yammy then yes since imagine yammys immense power condensed and added to grimmjows power.
    He was last seen not far away from place where Nnoitra was killed by Kenpachi- so just by eating Espada with strongest hierro and a decent reiatsu he would grow in power- he should be comparable to one of top SR as Bazz B for example.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast