Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 25.00%
  • Good

18 64.29%
  • Okay

2 7.14%
  • Boring...

1 3.57%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 357 Discussion / 358 Predictions

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 357 Discussion / 358 Predictions

Just knew that Tempesta person would come across FT. I suppose Laxus will make him withdraw. Or others if he beats Laxus.

So, I wonder why they want to kill every person who was ever in council. Is it because you get a hold of some secret information when you join the council? Jellal is probably going to be targeted as well.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shinhokou's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

A fight this soon? I'm thinking Tempesta'll leave , I don't think Mashima would make Laxus lose...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Fairy Tail 357 Discussion / 358 Predictions

another great chapter

laxus was a boss as ususal

evergreen looked sexy but it really doesnt suit her personality

i am loving tartaros as villains, they are truly heartless and they dont mess around. the FT manga has been starving for some villains like this for some time now

and it makes one wonder, if these guys are this ruthless, how much of a bad ass is zeref???

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinhokou View Post
    A fight this soon? I'm thinking Tempesta'll leave , I don't think Mashima would make Laxus lose...
    good point, however nothing would strike home or ingrain into the readers minds how devastatingly powerful tartaros is than a laxus loss

not saying i want him to lose, just not ruling it out, especially when i consider how off pace this arc is for mashima thus far

and im happy that we have a fight this soon, mashima is not playing around this arc, i hope every chapter is this action packed!!!
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; October 25, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

An excellent chapter indeed this one.
    Glad that Mashima properly introduced all the members of nine demon gate; they all look dangerous and I believe that they will be toughest characters who ever appearde in FT.
    About the rest, it is interesting that also the past members of the council are being targeted and I guess that also Jellal will receive the visit of someone from Tartaros....
    All in all I'm really looking forward to seeing the next chapter, because s*** just got real and Laxus is going to kick some asses.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if these guys are really working with zeref at this point.... I mean, where is zeref? I thought zeref was working for acknologia so the whole 9 demons thing seems a tad off. If zeref is behind tartarus then perhaps this would already be a final arc? The arc has far from that feeling though. It is particularly strange that tartarus has been working without zeref all this time. Well, zeref was around the past seven years however tartarus existed well before that. Somehow I don't get the impression that zeref really does care all that much about tartarus so far. The 9 demons presumably did not help him win the war from 400 years ago, would they be so useful to him today?

That said, I am somewhat disappointed in yajima... I thought he'd be pretty badass but it seems that demon made short work of him. I guess the whole thing could be attributed to a bad matchup though. Yajima seems to have a magic that makes him flat primarily, I can see how such a magic would be relatively weak against a wind user. On the other hand this fight will set the tone for the rest of the arc... If this demon is a match for laxus it means that this demon is also at least a match for gildarts too. I doubt all demons are created equally but if they are that strong then I don't see how half the fairy tail mages could even survive here. Lucy got pretty strong thanks to second origin but she is still nowhere near the gildarts level even with multiple spirits. Natsu on his own would not appear to be that good either but he perhaps scratches that level with this lightning flame. Gajeel could be in a roughly similar boat if he kept the iron shadow.

Thinking about it the manga never dealt with that other rogue that took over current rogue when he fought gajeel. I guess that will be left for later?

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I wonder if these guys are really working with zeref at this point.... I mean, where is zeref? I thought zeref was working for acknologia so the whole 9 demons thing seems a tad off. If zeref is behind tartarus then perhaps this would already be a final arc? The arc has far from that feeling though. It is particularly strange that tartarus has been working without zeref all this time. Well, zeref was around the past seven years however tartarus existed well before that. Somehow I don't get the impression that zeref really does care all that much about tartarus so far. The 9 demons presumably did not help him win the war from 400 years ago, would they be so useful to him today?
    To me, the situation feels the same as when the Oracion Seis or even Grimoire Heart would go to length to resurrect Zeref. Only this time it is different as Tartaros are essentially his creation; so it's as a child reaching out to get the attention of a parent that had left them behind. That's how I see it. Maybe Zeref is waiting until his plans are set in motion before making use of his demons?

I was wondering what tone the chapter would set after the first few pages of introduction and the restaurant scene. Then Tempesta showed up and it all moved so quickly. Really enjoyed that scene. Looking forward to how he matches up with Laxus; we've had wind magic users but not since Phantom Lord and I can't really recall his name( the one who took away Makarov's magic). Besides him, I don't recall any other. The way Tempesta uses his wind magic, he would a tricky opponent, as his style creates both strong offence and defense. On the penultimate page, he seemed relatively unphased by Laxus' lightning attack too.

Didn't expect much with Evergreen to defend Yajima, but Fried and Bixlow were taken out with quite some ease.

Quote Quote:
    Thinking about it the manga never dealt with that other rogue that took over current rogue when he fought gajeel. I guess that will be left for later?
    I think that's something that will come to play in a future storyline, as we are waiting for the event involving Frosch and Rogue in a year's time(?), so we're pressumably due a year's timeskip or something...

As for the shadow itself, I'm not sure what happened to it....need to re-read.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    To me, the situation feels the same as when the Oracion Seis or even Grimoire Heart would go to length to resurrect Zeref. Only this time it is different as Tartaros are essentially his creation; so it's as a child reaching out to get the attention of a parent that had left them behind. That's how I see it. Maybe Zeref is waiting until his plans are set in motion before making use of his demons?

I was wondering what tone the chapter would set after the first few pages of introduction and the restaurant scene. Then Tempesta showed up and it all moved so quickly. Really enjoyed that scene. Looking forward to how he matches up with Laxus; we've had wind magic users but not since Phantom Lord and I can't really recall his name( the one who took away Makarov's magic). Besides him, I don't recall any other. The way Tempesta uses his wind magic, he would a tricky opponent, as his style creates both strong offence and defense. On the penultimate page, he seemed relatively unphased by Laxus' lightning attack too.

Didn't expect much with Evergreen to defend Yajima, but Fried and Bixlow were taken out with quite some ease.

I think that's something that will come to play in a future storyline, as we are waiting for the event involving Frosch and Rogue in a year's time(?), so we're pressumably due a year's timeskip or something...

As for the shadow itself, I'm not sure what happened to it....need to re-read.
    Perhaps you are right... still, it kinda seems like zeref has little to no interest in end to some degree nowadays. Igneel couldn't destroy it however I don't think that necessarily means zeref aims to release end. Would acknologia want the competition? Or perhaps all these guys are meant to serve acknologia in the end....

The way tempesta used his magic seems relatively similar to what eligor did IMO. The difference would be the scale more than anything. I wonder if elemental affinities will come into play here. So far the manga has never shown much relevance to exactly how elemental affinities work, fire does not even necessarily melt ice here.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter but it's unfortunate that Laxus had to be the one Mashima chose to show how strong the demons are. No way he wins this battle without help.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree.It kinda feels like laxus doesn't get his shine like he deserves.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I expected a few chapters before we got to some action between Fairy Tail and Tartaros, clearly we aren't wasting any time in this arc. Laxus against one of the Nine already. I can't imagine this Tempest guy leaving this battle on good terms. Even if he is a match for Laxus, seemingly bad news for FT, Evergreen, Bixlow, and Freed are there, and they're pretty capable.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    I agree.It kinda feels like laxus doesn't get his shine like he deserves.
    how do you figure?

he beat jura in a fight, jura is about the most monstrous of all mages that have been introduced so far in this manga

not to mention he wiped out all of raven tail

laxus always dominates

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

That said, I am somewhat disappointed in yajima... I thought he'd be pretty badass but it seems that demon made short work of him. I guess the whole thing could be attributed to a bad matchup though. Yajima seems to have a magic that makes him flat primarily, I can see how such a magic would be relatively weak against a wind user. On the other hand this fight will set the tone for the rest of the arc... If this demon is a match for laxus it means that this demon is also at least a match for gildarts too. I doubt all demons are created equally but if they are that strong then I don't see how half the fairy tail mages could even survive here. Lucy got pretty strong thanks to second origin but she is still nowhere near the gildarts level even with multiple spirits. Natsu on his own would not appear to be that good either but he perhaps scratches that level with this lightning flame. Gajeel could be in a roughly similar boat if he kept the iron shadow.

they seem to worship zeref

however they also seem to be acting independently without instruction

so they could be pre-programmed for evil and destruction, or they may actually be taking orders from zeref directly

but i am thinking that they are just flat out evil and are scheming to not only take out the magic council, but overturn all law and order in fiore

the question is what is their goal....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    how do you figure?

he beat jura in a fight, jura is about the most monstrous of all mages that have been introduced so far in this manga

not to mention he wiped out all of raven tail

laxus always dominates
    yep he wipe the floor with jura in like half a chapter..didn't even make it a full chapter..even elfman got a full chapter..

Raven tail wasn't even a challenge..disappointing.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

don;t worry laxus will easily beat him up he's way too powerful for that. Same goes for natsu and gajeel these three are all using ancient dragon slayer magic who knows maybe these three will "unlock" the true power within them. Look at gray he took devil ice magic and was still able to manupilate it around proving that indeed these devils are strong but not as strong as they claim to themselves to be. It would be hilariously awesome if natsu, gajeel and laxus formed a trio team to go fight tartarous on their own, for one i wonder who the group leader would be and how these three would actually end up fighting together as a triple team. Remember this too, Igneel could not defeat END (which explains his "scratches/scars" but it also means that he must have been ridiculously powerful to have decided to take a fight at it to begin with) hence my theory that the true power of dragon slayer magic was never revealed to these three and now they will unlock their true awesome powers. It would be interesting too know which dragon laxus's lacrima could belong too as laxus has shown to be ridiculously badass

So for next weak ladies and gentlemen, enjoy some awesome beatdown ass whipping by none other then the might dragon slayer laxus (ps he can use fairy law if all else fails)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post

Umh... Mavis is dead. Purehito died. Zancrow, too. There's been dead people all around for more than 100 chapters. Still weird?
    Purehito might end up being alive. I still don't believe it, I don't feel like he's done. And Mavis is about as dead as a good guy in DBZ. There really isn't a lot of death in Fairy Tail normally. But no, this is definitely different. Nothing that has happened in Fairy Tail is anything like the last chapter. Mashima just straight up massacred the Magic Council. That kind of material is a first for Fairy Tail, unless they all end up being alive, which I doubt. But even then it was a pretty dark introduction to Tartaros.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

At least Laxus is presumably going to get a proper fight. Not one that ends up being a giant one-shot, a rushed boring fight where he wins with a generic punch, or a short fight where he gives Natsu a power-up. I don't think Laxus will lose, I think he might draw. Looking forward to it though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why are these council members so weak??? anyways laxus will make the demon take it deep lol since the little old dude needs to survive in orde to tell us the reason why the demons are after council members. I'm disapointed in cobra since i really thought he would be on the good side.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast