Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 25.00%
  • Good

18 64.29%
  • Okay

2 7.14%
  • Boring...

1 3.57%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fairy Tail 357 Discussion / 358 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 357 Discussion / 358 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I personally am not complaining about Silver, just trying to figure out what he's up to. And I don't know that people are assuming that all demons are allies, they just perhaps want to understand why demons are being specifically hunted. Is it simply just a matter of pest control, or is it an important part of their plan?
    Well the way I see it. There is two types of Dragons those who treasure humans life, and those who doesn't. It could be the same thing, and Atlas Flame is not exactly the demon who want to see Zeref winning.

He has high respect for Igneel, and Igneel hates E.N.D that make him an enemy for Silver & Zeref.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Atlas Flame isn't a demon though, and apparently Silver mistakenly thought he was. It was apparently a misunderstanding, and either way I just don't see the "good" demons that we've seen so far in this manga as anything close to a threat to Zeref's demons. Basically every non-zeref demon we've seen has been easily weaker than your average competent mage. At least with dragons, they're all seriously powerful, so a civil war between them is a big deal. Compare that to the Galuna demons vs. basically anyone lol.

Another point is the magic council, they alone in terms of power are not a threat to anyone. None of them are even wizard saints anymore. I suppose that their threat lies in their ability to organize the wizarding guilds against Tartarus, so getting rid of them makes sense in that way. Getting rid of stray demons, as of right now, may make sense if you look at in terms of purifying the demon races for moral reasons, but tactically it seems pointless.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we do have to consider the council was caught of guard here. Perhaps they are not overwhelmingly powerful but they would not necessarily be so helpless under slightly different circumstances.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but their power comes from their political influence more than their physical. They aren't weak, but they probably would have lost to Jackal anyway even in a real fight. But honestly I'm more worried about what's going to happen with Laxus...he's not going to beat Tempesta so soon because that would severely take away the momentum of this upcoming war.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it should end as a draw. Something like short fight while Freed makes runes, that keep demon in trap, after that they retreat to ft guild, cause Laxus is calm and serious dude and he should prioritize yajimas life, that what good leader and Mage do. Anyway something about runes is mentioned in next chap name, so Freed will play his role.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

FT is already meant to own the big three this week. The big three were boring as hell this week.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I just had a fridge brilliance moment with the Silver-Gray connection. Remember when Gray froze Natsu's flames back at the ToP arc? It was foreshadowing Gray using Silver's ice all along. Ice that could even freeze a dragon's flames. In other words, Gray had the potential to use Ice Demon Slayer magic all along.
    Well Natsu til know never reached the flames of a Dragon. Jellal said if Natsu reaches the power of the Dragon his flames will be able to burn all evil which Natus can't at the moment.

About this chapter. Laxus attack had an imact on Tempesta. which means Laxus will be ableto challenge Tempesta.

I believe that the demons are killing of the council members new ones and old ones cause the council has information on how to stop the demons.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I wonder if these guys are really working with zeref at this point.... I mean, where is zeref? I thought zeref was working for acknologia so the whole 9 demons thing seems a tad off. If zeref is behind tartarus then perhaps this would already be a final arc? The arc has far from that feeling though. It is particularly strange that tartarus has been working without zeref all this time. Well, zeref was around the past seven years however tartarus existed well before that. Somehow I don't get the impression that zeref really does care all that much about tartarus so far. The 9 demons presumably did not help him win the war from 400 years ago, would they be so useful to him today?

That said, I am somewhat disappointed in yajima... I thought he'd be pretty badass but it seems that demon made short work of him. I guess the whole thing could be attributed to a bad matchup though. Yajima seems to have a magic that makes him flat primarily, I can see how such a magic would be relatively weak against a wind user. On the other hand this fight will set the tone for the rest of the arc... If this demon is a match for laxus it means that this demon is also at least a match for gildarts too. I doubt all demons are created equally but if they are that strong then I don't see how half the fairy tail mages could even survive here. Lucy got pretty strong thanks to second origin but she is still nowhere near the gildarts level even with multiple spirits. Natsu on his own would not appear to be that good either but he perhaps scratches that level with this lightning flame. Gajeel could be in a roughly similar boat if he kept the iron shadow.

Thinking about it the manga never dealt with that other rogue that took over current rogue when he fought gajeel. I guess that will be left for later?
    we havent seen zeref since his stare-down with mavis at the end of the tournament arc when FT returned to magnolia

he is probably up to no good, if i remember correctly he said something like

"if this world does not accept me then i will just "deny" this world"

not sure exactly what that means but he is not playing around, that is for sure

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    Well the way I see it. There is two types of Dragons those who treasure humans life, and those who doesn't. It could be the same thing, and Atlas Flame is not exactly the demon who want to see Zeref winning.

He has high respect for Igneel, and Igneel hates E.N.D that make him an enemy for Silver & Zeref.
    not surprising ifrit shows back up as soon as laxus is about to kick some ass

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    But honestly I'm more worried about what's going to happen with Laxus...he's not going to beat Tempesta so soon because that would severely take away the momentum of this upcoming war.
    Agreed, laxus already took down raven tail and Jura... He would be to much of a powerhouse already beating up the crap out of tempesta... I am betting on an a raw but with both laxus yajima and the raijinshuu against tempesta but with a two week needed rest for both of them.

Because defeating one of them so early could destroy the build up fear of the nine gates.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RURUDOG View Post
    Because defeating one of them so early could destroy the build up fear of the nine gates.
    Don't know if anyone is that naive after all we've witnessed in this manga. Mashima can build them up as much as he wants, but they are still going to lose because bonds and friendship.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Don't know if anyone is that naive after all we've witnessed in this manga. Mashima can build them up as much as he wants, but they are still going to lose because bonds and friendship.
    Yeah well Natsu is going to take down every last big vilain but... Arrgh not so early even if I am the laxus fan that chapter doesn't sound like the prologue of an epic fight but as the beginning of an arc.
    And the thing is what do you open with nine gates? The door to??? E.N.D Should be the answer so I would find it strange to see laxus victory closing or openning yet the first door.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    not surprising ifrit shows back up as soon as laxus is about to kick some ass
    haha not at all. I came back 2 weeks ago from the freaking desert my company sent me there to do some work, now I'm back hehe

Actually I do agree with the point of " It's too early for one of the 9 demons to go down, I hope one of the sides decide it's best to leave once they get more information from this wind guy.

Also I have a question....was Makarov part of the council before ?
    Dreyar Style

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4