Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Favorite aftertaste scene

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite aftertaste scene

Shokugeki no Soma has a trademark that has appeared many times in the series, these are aftertaste scenes. They are scenes that show with creativity the sensation of taste a good dish. They show the series art at its highest level, many times with great dialogues. An example is here.

Here you can discuss your favorites afterstaste scenes and what was your impressions when you saw them, including dialogues, relation with the dish made, drawing, etc. Make sure to put the images in spoiler just to not weigh the thread.

Just notice that a more general discussion about the series art should be made here.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite aftertaste scene

Tentacles? Lol.

Isshiki senpais one with him and the apron hanging low with soumas first dish to him is a favorite so far.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread. I like them all. My favourites: the gorila (to mean that after a first good impression the bite gets horrible), and the revitalization achieved by Jouichiro, meant to represent how much live they get back with that energetic breakfast.

In this one, the author should have drawn little demons instead of angels, given that Erina was trying to resist Souma's attractive food. At least that you thing her characteristic ringlets are the horns of a female demon.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Tentacles? Lol.

Isshiki senpais one with him and the apron hanging low with soumas first dish to him is a favorite so far.
    Tentacles appear very often in these scenes. XD

Did you mean this?

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nice thread. I like them all. My favourites: the gorila (to mean that after a first good impression the bite gets horrible), and the revitalization achieved by Jouichiro, meant to represent how much live they get back with that energetic breakfast.

In this one, the author should have drawn little demons instead of angels, given that Erina was trying to resist Souma's attractive food. At least that you thing her characteristic ringlets are the horns of a female demon.
    I think the gorila one is the unique exception for what said before about taste good dishes. It was funny and think it could be a more often occurrence, a kitchen doesn't live only with good dishes after all, Yukihira has showed this sometimes. XD

The revitalization one was cute (only with two of them XD), but I don't know if it is in my favorites... The drawing was good, though, as always...

I have the same opinion about the last one, they could be demons, but I guess mischievous angels was a way to show that Yukihira's dish was good, but even so Erina didn't want to admit it. It matches with Yukihira's personality, too.

I'm doing a reserach right now to find my favorites, soon I will post here. :P

---------- Post added November 01, 2013 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was October 26, 2013 at 03:47 PM ----------

After a deep research here is my four favorites.
    The first one is from chapter 25 when the alumni are discussing Tadokoro dish in the shokugeki against Shinomiya after nice pictures of suggestions they come to the conclusion that Tadokoro is like a a Legumes Snow Child. Really cute image and resume Tadokoro's care with everybody, her cooking style. The second is this very much because Erina is beautiful in there, a majestic beauty, that also fits very well with her dish in the final task of the camping.

The last two are from Jouichirou vs. Yukihira competition, one is from Yukihira's apple risotto. This image shows a mix of various elements from fairy tale: a princess and a prince, and the apple, everything in adorable image. And the miraculous revitalization brought by Jouichirou dish here, cute and fun with the monkey as Fumio. XD

Well, for now that is it. Don't forget to update your list whenever you like a aftertaste scene in the future!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

If aftertaste scene is that characteristic panels in which we could see the impact of some dish on the diners, then legumes snow Tadoroko's is not one. It's funny and cute; but it doesn't describe the impact of any dish the diners, but only Tadoroko's skills in that moment. Yukihira's apple risotto is a good one!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Tentacles appear very often in these scenes. XD

Did you mean this?
    Yep thats the one, It can never get out my mind in thinking of Isshiki senpai. Regardless looking forward to more of the ones in his care having their moments.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    If aftertaste scene is that characteristic panels in which we could see the impact of some dish on the diners, then legumes snow Tadoroko's is not one. It's funny and cute; but it doesn't describe the impact of any dish the diners, but only Tadoroko's skills in that moment. Yukihira's apple risotto is a good one!
    Yeah, I was in doubt when I saw a Legume Snow Child, but we can consider it as one aftertaste scene, a late one, but it can be included, it shows Tadokoro skills in relation with her dish at that moment, the legume terrine.

New Reply