Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Up to now, from the posts, it seems everybody is ok with the proposed schedule.
From what Leo says, and for the reviews, sometimes I wonder if some volumes will not deserve a slower reading. But there is no way to knowing apriori, so we will see while we read. Anyway, everybody can propose a slower or faster reading pace if it's considered convenient; we will discuss it freely and openminded.
Ooh, I might join it. I read the series as it was being published, the again when Viz put it out, but that's been a few years now! Think it's about time for another re-read.
I saw the limited edition of volume one in a used bookstore the other day and had no idea it had such a large trim size! Had to buy it. I'm now on the look out for the rest of the limited editions. Don't want to buy any more without knowing I can secure the whole series though.
One volume a week should be okay. I know the final volume is longer than the rest, but since it's the final volume it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by xScar; October 29, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
I've read Pluto some months ago... What can I say, the story is very confusing and exciting, you can't really figure what's going to happen, definitely one of the beast read
Thanks a lot for join us!!! Hope you can find the other limited editions! (
Ok, so people, up to now we are FaustXIII, Demonspeed, SharkBait, k-dom, nanaDmari, xScar and me.
The agreed pace is a volume per week; and we hope to end the manga in 8 weeks. Next, the dates for the cuts and also the specific chapters of each volume:
Some advices to keep in mind:Quote:
- The idea of the collective reading is to read together with other people; so to share your impressions and comment on other's impressions. Then try to post at least once a week (or more if you want to), with your impressions on the chapters of the respective week. (It could be a good idea to take notes of you impressions as your reading advances. A diary of you reading could be a nice tool and could also enrich your own experience of reading).
- We can change the agreed pace on the schedule if we fell we should read faster or lower. Everyone is free to post his/her thoughts about it and we will discuss it freely and open-mindedly.
- Since nobody wants his/her reading spoiled by a comment about a chapter or volume not read yet, comments on the respective chapter/volume will be allowed preferably in the week assigned in the agreed schedule. (If is about an ulterior chapter, please, take care to post it inside spoiler tags).
- It could be a good idea to subscribe the thread, so that you keep in touch with what is written here.
Ok, that said....
I'm joining you, I read Pluto 6 months ago but I will re-read with pleasure even though I won't commentate much due to my bad English expression.
Chapter one half way was pretty mindblowing, or rather just the part on the reveal, I was like didnt he have a wife?! and his finger...
Chapter 2 is even more mindblowing! I'm about to begin Chapter 3.
Since I have read Billy Bat I have found some time ago these vids about Urasawa. they are 5 vids, beginning with this one:
(The other four should be available in the account of the uploader). The face of Geshit reminded me of what he said about what happens in his mind when he draws a really good face.
EDIT: Url of parts 2 to 5:
Last edited by ukimix; November 01, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
The North 2 story was so good I still cant get over it, these emotions right now, I just...
Wow, that was surprisingly easy to read. Here my notes on volume 1:
In times in which robots and human live together, being the robots ruled by laws that forbid them to kill or harm humans, we have the case of (possibly) an assassin who seems to have killed Montblanc and North 2, two of the most powerful robots in the world, and Ranke, an important politician.
The evidence supporting the idea that the assassin is the same is some mysterious horns stuck in the head of two of the victims (we don’t know yet if North 2 has those horns), and also what was apparently seen by the assassin robot and by Gesicht in the photos he took of the crime scene.
Nevertheless, some questions remains. Is the assassin human or robot? I wonder about this very much, since on one side, Montblanc only could be killed by a robot; and on the other side, Robin registered that the guy jumping from Ranke’s apartment building to the other building, and apparently the assassin, was human. Or is it that there is no just one assassin but two or more? And last but not least, why is he (or are they) killing all these people?
Now, the events in chapter 3 are very interesting. Gesicht goes and talks to the robot who assassinated humans 8 years ago, Brau-1589. He’s really calm there and given that alloy from which he’s made of, but I bet that the hand of the assassin robot approaching his head was not harmless at all. Anyway, I find two intriguing things on this chapter:
- Gesicht asks Brau: “what was the human robot thinking 8 years ago?” Braus’s answer is that there is nothing wrong with his code or with his artificial intelligence. That’s choking, since what you would expect is that the robot that assassinated humans would have some kind of malfunction. Much more if all of them are made and programed in such a way that they don’t kill humans. So what’s happening with him?
- What do they both saw in the pictures Gesicht took of the crime scene, that lead them both to the conclusion that the assassin is going to kill six of the most powerful and advanced robots in the world, included Gesicht.
Finally a note about Gesicht. There are two mysteries about him: his dreams with the blood on the street, and that kind of bug he has when suddenly a guy appears in his mind charging him with 500 Zeus for each one of some articles. Those mysteries captures my attention given that we can see how the authors take good care of showing us Gesicht human side. He worries about his wife, and he’s also tired; he’s sad because of Robin’s death, and he feels sorrow for Robin’s wife. Very interesting character given that with him, the most human among the characters so far is also one of the most powerful robots in the world, and likely an objective of the mighty assassin he's looking for. Just, what will happen to Gesicht next?
---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------
Also the assassin is very intriguing character, since it's impossible not to sympathize with North 2 and with Brando, and Montblanc was also very loved by the people. All of them nice robots...
Last edited by ukimix; November 02, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
I wish it had addressed just how many robots and humans there were now, seemed odd that there were no concerns over the robots trying to revolt against humans and what not, though it is just the first volume
Up to now it's difficult to know if it's just one robot or some more, neither we have news about the motives for these murders. I agree it's just the first volume and surely we'll learnt more about all of this in the next volumes
The art is amazing, as usual with Urasawa. Very realistic and clean.