Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Hey, newcomer here!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ai Nanasaki's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Hey, newcomer here!

Hey y'all!

I'm from Bulgaria and I just recently became a college student in the English philology major. While I haven't read much manga yet, I'm a geek with an avid interest in video games, movies, TV shows and anime. I always enjoy a good, compelling story and an intriguing cast of characters, whatever the medium might be.

My favorite games of all time are the Mass Effect, KotOR, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona series, as well as The Last of Us, Portal 2, Freelancer, and Aquaria.

My favorite anime include Amagami SS, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, .hack//SIGN, and Lucky Star. My favorite anime movies are The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Hotarubi no Mori e.

Not listing any manga yet as I need to get more acquainted with the medium! The genres I tend to like, though, are romance and slice of life most, as well as mystery. I plan on starting to read Koukou Debut.

I love listening to music. I'm a big fan of electronic music in general - particularly soft and mellow trance and chillout. I have lots of favorite video game and anime soundtracks as well.

I figure that'll be enough for now - I hope the introduction's okay as I'm not really great at starting newcomer threads of this kind!
    Last edited by Ai Nanasaki; October 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey, newcomer here!

Welcome, I still need to get around to watching the Haruhi Movie, after s2 and the wonderful endless eight, Ive been afraid of tacking the movie for the sake of having to recognize and accept that the series is over At least thers still Kyon Koizumi doujins.

Have you listed to the persona 3 movie Burn my Dread - Spring of Birth version is amazing.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome!

You should definitely watch it. It's undoubtedly the best part of Haruhi in my opinion, and it's amazingly emotional and provides a wonderful closure for all the characters (even though the light novels are still going, yeah, I know).

And no, I haven't actually - I thought the movie was coming out like, in November or something? Or did it already come out?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanasaki Ai ftw

Though I wish they would expand on Tsukahara Hibiki, too.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Nanasaki Ai ftw

Though I wish they would expand on Tsukahara Hibiki, too.
    Nanasaki Ai is awesome indeed! Probably my favorite anime character of all time.

And yeah, I noticed Hibiki myself, so it's amusing that you did as well. I, for one, would've preferred a route with her instead of Haruka.

New Reply