Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

Thread: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Roanapur
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Imo, the Akimichi clan's soldier pills made Chouji by far the most powerful rookie in part 1, and yet for reasons unknown, the Akimichi clan are not viewed as anything special. It would have been nice to see a few Akimichi go all out during the war.

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    How about Obito with MS, with both his "Original" eyes, How strong could he have been? Think about it, the reason he cannot perform Susano is because he didn't have both his ORIGINAl eyes.
    Think about it, His eye lets him send his body parts and things that he touches to another dimension. Kakashi's eye lets him teleport things from a good distance away. With both he would be able to do Susano.
    SCENARIO
    Minato vs Obito (with both eyes)
    Minato throws a shuriken then teleports to it, Rasengan
    Obito: O shi, activates susano, blocks the rasengan...

  3. #33
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Susannoo is really rare to awaken to begin with. I think it's a coincidence that Madara, Itachi and Sasuke all have it during this war. But according to Obito himself, he said it's a rare ability of the eye. Each eye seems to have a similar route of techniques it has.

    Madara, Itachi and Sasuke's eye techniques are all pretty similar while Obitos is by far very different from them. Sishiu might have had different set of techniques as well.

  4. #34
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Susannoo is really rare to awaken to begin with. I think it's a coincidence that Madara, Itachi and Sasuke all have it during this war. But according to Obito himself, he said it's a rare ability of the eye. Each eye seems to have a similar route of techniques it has.

    Madara, Itachi and Sasuke's eye techniques are all pretty similar while Obitos is by far very different from them. Sishiu might have had different set of techniques as well.
    How can you say Madara's techniques are different when the only one we've seen is Susanoo.

  5. #35
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    imagine minato if he would have mastered sage mode

    UNSTOPPABLE

  6. #36
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    How can you say Madara's techniques are different when the only one we've seen is Susanoo.
    I believe you didn't read my post correctly. The ones to seem to have awakened Susanoo have similar eye techniques. They can use Amaterasu, etc. Coincidence? Maybe not because

    "As from the ancient Japanese myth and religion of Shintō, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo are all gods."

    These are reasons I believe Obito would not awaken Susanoo because his eyes special ability seems to naturally use space time manipulation.

    EDIT: Upon further research, it seems the following:

    "The Susanoo is the third ability granted by the Mangekyō Sharingan to those who awaken the abilities Tsukuyomi — which symbolises the "Spiritual World and Darkness" and Amaterasu — which denotes the "Material World and Light". It creates a gigantic, humanoid being that surrounds the user. As one of the strongest techniques granted to those that have acquired the Mangekyō Sharingan, it is the user's guardian deity, but at the same time, it consumes the user's life.[1]"

    Taken from Third Databook, pages 274-275.

    And again, Obito still states it's rare.

    "According to Obito Uchiha, for a Sharingan user to activate the Susanoo is a rarity.[2]"

    Naruto chapter 467, page 9
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; November 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

  7. #37
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    What is rare is the Mangekyo Sharingan, not to mention two Mangekyo Sharingans. My Theroux is if the user have two MS, they can awaken Susanoo, that's what makes Susanoo so rare.

  8. #38
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    I thought Tobi said awakening Mangekyo was quite rare, and that being able to use Susano'o was extremely rare among the Mangekyo users, so Susano'o would occur like, two or three times out of 100 Uchiha, maybe.

    Let's not forget that those who awakened Susano'o had two Mangekyo and were considered the best in their class and fine shinobi. The databook takes data from the manga, which may or may not be accurate. Tobi, if I recall, said two Mangekyo were required for Susano'o, not Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. The reason why Tobi and Kakashi are unable to use Susano'o is because they only have one Mangekyo eye each. Madara not only had two Mangekyo that became Eternal Mangekyo, but he is the best Uchiha with exceptionally strong chakra.

  9. #39
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    What is rare is the Mangekyo Sharingan, not to mention two Mangekyo Sharingans. My Theroux is if the user have two MS, they can awaken Susanoo, that's what makes Susanoo so rare.
    The question is if Obito could have unlocked Susanoo. That, I do not know. There is no evidence to suggest that all Mangekyo Sharingan users get access to the same kind of abilities. From what I can see, they have special abilities possibly chosen at random.

    Obito unlocked his Mangekyo Sharingan (which also unlocked Kakashi's) and it later gave him access to space time jitsu.

    So the question is, just because someone has MS, does it mean they have access to all MS moves?

    Again, could Tobi use Susanoo is the question. To remind you, your response to me was about Madara's eye technique being different which I never said it was, I said Obito's is different from Itachi, Sasuke and Madara which is true.

    I'm not making a stance for either, I'm just raising the point that it's not clear enough if anyone can unlock susanoo just because they have MS.
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; November 13, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

  10. #40
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Could be based on blood. Since Sasuke and Itachi are brothers, they have the same jutsu but with different level of power and abilities, signifying their prowess in a particular field. Madara and Izuna may have had the same Mangekyo jutsu with different level of power and abilities, maybe a space/time ninjutsu and Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi.

  11. #41
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    What about Mei? She has a few neat blood line tricks and she has to be very talented to have mastered so many elements. With that being said, she's is probably the weakest kage out of all. I just don't think she has shown enough to be in her position.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Archives
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Looking at the OP, two core characters immediately come to mind for me.

    Kakashi strikes me as someone who would've been much more 'impressive' in mission running environments. He has qualities and assets that'll benefit just about any team performing at any level. It's too bad that as the story progresses he keeps running into freaks for opponents like Kakuzu, Deva Path, and then Obito. He also would've made a great companion and co-mentor for Naruto (with his shortcomings in perspective) during 'time skip'... I could go on and on about this but let's just say my tastes doesn't align with what this manga turned into.

    The second character is the Third Hokage. Again I'm not writing this strictly from combat viewpoint. It has been a while since I read the earlier arcs but I recall that he struck me as a wise but passive figurehead. His past remains shrouded for many many chapters. Even now through brief flashbacks [1]we never saw what he really contends with behind the scenes and [2] we don't know how he became so revered by other Shinobi. Censorship on the first point was probably due to limitations imposed by writing a shonen manga but on the second part, he was slammed by of all people Orochimaru, the First AND Second (how's that for your first real combat exercise in possibly years...?)

    I think both are great characters out of Narutoverse but terribly positioned to be at their best given the kind of story that emerged. They would've been more "powerful" given different circumstances.
    Last edited by Akabeth; December 07, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

  14. #43
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    What about Mei? She has a few neat blood line tricks and she has to be very talented to have mastered so many elements. With that being said, she's is probably the weakest kage out of all. I just don't think she has shown enough to be in her position.
    Honestly, I think she only seems that way as Kishimoto has not bothered that much with her character overall. The most we know about her is that she is the Kage of her village and has two bloodline abilities, however, that's it. He's done a little bit with every Kage in this war, as in developed their characters. She's the only one that's missing out on that type of development. Which in my opinion is a shame, because I honestly think that's the only reason she seems as though she does not deserve her position.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Do you guys think Shisui had sussano?? It never was mentioned but he was an exceptional uchiha so it's possible, but he could also be one of the ones that didn't have it


  17. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speculate characters that may or may not be as powerful as you think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Do you guys think Shisui had sussano?? It never was mentioned but he was an exceptional uchiha so it's possible, but he could also be one of the ones that didn't have it
    I couldn't possibly imagine what skills his chakra mech would manifest. I mean, for someone like Obito It's easy to imagine a Janemba like Susanoo. But I find it hard to see how, Other than the standard way of course, Shisui Would have benefited from such a technique. Given the fact that he seemed to be mostly if not entirely a genjutsu type. More so than even Itachi himself. I will give him this, if he was able to manifest it, it would most likely be the second human like Susanoo To exist.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts