Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2003

Thread: Rejoice, boy. Your wish will finally come true.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rejoice, boy. Your wish will finally come true.

It was "hayaku"? Now that post makes sense, I had no idea what he was talking.

I'm reading Gintama right now, no need to say to me to go faster.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

World vs Nuno

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Well yeah I mostly only follow xcountry men... Often I don't even follow that, if it's a boring day without real competition etc. Northug always gets in shape for championships, he's saying himself he's in superb form. I can't wait. I think him in monster form is the most fun to watch in general, just go full beast mode and make everything look childlike xD Though I think the courses are too tough for "child play" this year. Maybe except relay. He doesn't manage to get fully tired in 7,5km, and the finish is just child's play if he manages to keep away from accidents. And about 2010, back then Teichman was actually something IMO =/ Kind of bad to say but I feel like he's way past his prime. Still he could surprise at a longer distance I guess, he does it sometimes.

Indeed, sprint is not automatic Norway win for ladies xD true that. Maybe Germany could get something there!

Let's see, what else is there. Hockey we suck at. I think Germany isn't too big there either right? We're actually decent at Curling, rofl. Our clowns that is. In 2010 I actually followed that a little due to the media interest, haha. We're pretty good at slope style skiing too. Svindal is a beast! I hope he wins something. Not winning a medal would be a disaster for him.
    I think I already told you that I'm not really fond of him, he behaves like an arrogant asshole most of the time. If he dominates the Olympics I don't really care though, the best wins no matter the personality. Still better than doping russians (another 2 catched at Biathlon...).

My point wasn't Norway vs. Germany, we're nowhere near norways level at xcountry If anything Hermann could potentially win at the female's spring competition, everything else would be a surprise.

Yeah, right. Can't say I care about ice hockey or curling though, both are rather boring. What I care for is biathlon, slope style, skii jumping, nordic combined and to a limited extent xcountry. In everything but slopy style and xcountry it's going to be a huge germany vs. norway duel though (together with some others obviously) Svindal is cool btw. And he speaks german quite well :')

Yeah that rating is definitely too high, even admitted by a Gintama fanboy that love the series and movie.

Kagura-chan I'm sure her VA is a big reason I loved Taiga so much.
    Really funny how her role in Gintama is so different compared to most of the others. Her character in Index sucked hard, but she got a nice role of a cool witch in Witchcraft Works xD

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I love the Gintama movie (finally got 'round to seeing it,) but eurgh anything to do with time travelling really makes me cringe...............................
    Not sure why?

World vs Nuno
    Story of your life? x'D

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I think I know its meaning but it's not relevant to the conversation context(?).
    vio-chin

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Svindal is pretty much the perfect sportsman... Which is why he's kind of boring also. His attitude and personality is simply amazing, rofl, on top of being massively skilled.

I guess you refer to Northug when you speak of arrogance. Most of his statements are done with humor really. Can't say he doesn't have quite an attitude however. I think many have a wrong impression of him really, but his personality is a big topic in Norway too so you're not exactly alone. Of course he doesn't care much about what others think xD Looks like Cologna is in shape after all though. I had almost forgotten about him due to his injury. Russians stepping up too like expected. I can't really bring myself to care about ski jumping... So many love it, but I find it so boring to watch any but the top jumpers. Watching the last 10 or so jumpers is what matters and what is fun, lol.

Btw, we have the most fucking awkward and stupid Olympic commercials ever... I have no clue what the fuck it is. All our stars are in just underwear doing their sport. For example we see a ski jumper (Bardal IIRC) bend down like he's about to jump, just in white underwear. WTF.

I can't say I've heard Kagura's VA in that many roles xD I've looked a bit into the series she is famous for after watching Toradora. I might pick them up. Started Sakurasou btw, if you didn't notice ^^

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Svindal is pretty much the perfect sportsman... Which is why he's kind of boring also. His attitude and personality is simply amazing, rofl, on top of being massively skilled.

I guess you refer to Northug when you speak of arrogance. Most of his statements are done with humor really. Can't say he doesn't have quite an attitude however. I think many have a wrong impression of him really, but his personality is a big topic in Norway too so you're not exactly alone. Of course he doesn't care much about what others think xD Looks like Cologna is in shape after all though. I had almost forgotten about him due to his injury. Russians stepping up too like expected. I can't really bring myself to care about ski jumping... So many love it, but I find it so boring to watch any but the top jumpers. Watching the last 10 or so jumpers is what matters and what is fun, lol.

Btw, we have the most fucking awkward and stupid Olympic commercials ever... I have no clue what the fuck it is. All our stars are in just underwear doing their sport. For example we see a ski jumper (Bardal IIRC) bend down like he's about to jump, just in white underwear. WTF.

I can't say I've heard Kagura's VA in that many roles xD I've looked a bit into the series she is famous for after watching Toradora. I might pick them up. Started Sakurasou btw, if you didn't notice ^^
    Maybe a bit boring, but I prefer that over someone like Northug. Dunno, all that "He's just joking" seems like nothing more than pure speculation, who knows how the guy feels. To me he appears like someone who thinks of himself very highly, his statements don't really matter there. I don't really know him either obviously lol, but just from what I've seen of him I dislike him. There are more likeable athletes.

Fuck russians when it's about winter sports, seriously. The rest we will see, Cologna vs. Northug would be fun. I like ski jumping, but I know where you are coming from. I don't really care about the guys from 20-30 place either, the good athletes are way more interesting and better to look at, regarding their jump.

lol please show XD

Just because of a VA? Wow, that's something I would expect from an anime nerd, not you xD but how was I supposed to notice you picked up Sakurasou? Don't know the show, don't really care about it either, though I saw it got a good rating.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Well who knows what anyone thinks... Seriously wtf. Some people appear super cute and innocent and have dirty sides within as well. I mean Northug is super respectful for pretty much anyone but a few Swedes, and they are partially joke but also some real stabs at them, lol. Anyway I'm just saying I think he's pretty controversial but that's also why he's so big in the sports, not just his actual achievements, which beat anyone in the current circus.

Hmm, well dunno. As long as they aren't doped I have nothing against Russians. It's annoying to always have it lying the back of the head though. Yeah ski jump it's cool to tune in to the last 10-15, lol. Before that it's only way worse jumpers that are insignificant anyway. The same applies in other sports too though, like Biathlon. You only really care about some names.

The most I could find was pictures. This one illustrates it pretty well... Hockey guy in underwear taking a swing, so fucking dumb...
    Spoiler show

My mistake, I thought I was posting about it in your thread for a minute, but it was in darj's thread. I found it on my own, aren't you proud? =3 I think I like it, pretty weird setting but it's a pretty cool show already. Maybe I'm turning into an Otaku niichi =3 Yeah but I really like Kagura's VA, such a great voice =3
    Last edited by 3c; February 01, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Gintama movie (finally got 'round to seeing it,) but eurgh anything to do with time travelling really makes me cringe...............................
    The agony of a Physics major when it comes to the involvement of S.F. elements in plot.

I wouldn't know, I'm not fucking Danish!

It's "Hayaku" actually. I did it freestyle without googling the word. I guess you know what that means.
    Okay..

Even my freestyle attempt at being a Weaboo ain't that bad.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well who knows what anyone thinks... Seriously wtf. Some people appear super cute and innocent and have dirty sides within as well. I mean Northug is super respectful for pretty much anyone but a few Swedes, and they are partially joke but also some real stabs at them, lol. Anyway I'm just saying I think he's pretty controversial but that's also why he's so big in the sports, not just his actual achievements, which beat anyone in the current circus.

Hmm, well dunno. As long as they aren't doped I have nothing against Russians. It's annoying to always have it lying the back of the head though. Yeah ski jump it's cool to tune in to the last 10-15, lol. Before that it's only way worse jumpers that are insignificant anyway. The same applies in other sports too though, like Biathlon. You only really care about some names.

The most I could find was pictures. This one illustrates it pretty well... Hockey guy in underwear taking a swing, so fucking dumb...
    Spoiler show

My mistake, I thought I was posting about it in your thread for a minute, but it was in darj's thread. I found it on my own, aren't you proud? =3 I think I like it, pretty weird setting but it's a pretty cool show already. Maybe I'm turning into an Otaku niichi =3 Yeah but I really like Kagura's VA, such a great voice =3
    Just wanted to point out that ofc my view of him might be incorrect, but from my point of view he's an ass, point.

The point is, you always think that about the Russians because it happens time and time again. I still don't believe them... I mean there was this new russian girl no one heard of who did really good at Biathlon, only to turn out that she was doped. Massive deja vu, again. And I'm a huge fanboy of Biathlon so I don't just care about some names x'D

Looks funny enough, but it's not limited to norway. Germany comes up with the most weird shit too.

I would be proud if I knew how good or bad the show is, but that you started a show like Sakurasou (just from knowing the premise) is impressive enough as it is, kinda funny.
    You becoming somewhat otaku'ish would be hilarious, I can't see that yet
    I don't think Kagura's VA is part of many good shows though, as far as I can tell...

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The agony of a Physics major when it comes to the involvement of S.F. elements in plot.
    Does someone actually care about that with Gintama?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Does someone actually care about that with Gintama?
    No, I meant about the time travel part in general, not necessarily the one involved in the Gintama movie.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I meant about the time travel part in general, not necessarily the one involved in the Gintama movie.
    Yeah but Utsutsu clearly talked about Gintama here. For all I care Gintama can call the most weird bullshit and I wouldn't care, but probably love it instead. I mean the whole time travel business in the movie made close to no sense but wtv, it's Gintama we're talking about.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but Utsutsu clearly talked about Gintama here. For all I care Gintama can call the most weird bullshit and I wouldn't care, but probably love it instead. I mean the whole time travel business in the movie made close to no sense but wtv, it's Gintama we're talking about.
    No my point was more like, there is a huge propensity for any storyline involving time travel has a huge plot hole/flaws that cannot go unnoticed. I hardly think about anything when it comes to time travel, so I don't know for sure what's the cringe part that Utsune was trying to say.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Kevin check out this glorious art!

Spoiler show

Now I cannot wait for the new anime adaptation

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No my point was more like, there is a huge propensity for any storyline involving time travel has a huge plot hole/flaws that cannot go unnoticed. I hardly think about anything when it comes to time travel, so I don't know for sure what's the cringe part that Utsune was trying to say.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Kevin check out this glorious art!

Spoiler show

Now I cannot wait for the new anime adaptation
    Point taken.

Looks nice I cannot wait for the new adaption in general anyway, so every piece of Fate work is appreciated

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is exactly as Doraku says. It's not like it puts me off though. The cringy physics has nothing to do with me loving or hating the show. Time travelling is just a device to portray the message they want to show, and I do not think it's right to judge a show especially Gintama by something that should be "accepted" rather than "analyzed." Yes it does make me cringe because ultimately you'll always get certain events unresolved with plots such as time travelling, but if the ending says it's an all-round happy ending, then I'll gladly accept that and erase the illogical parts as I see it. That goes for Steins;Gate as well actually, and also possibly one of the reasons why I don't see it as much of a Sci-fi show as most other people. It is easy to overlook and slap an "element X" label on otherworldly technology, but when it comes to illogically developed events it is hard for a puny little human mind to ditch away all the logic he's learnt in his life and get his mind around it, it's not as simple as giving it a label "element X" for time travelling. Though S;G is generally tagged as a Sci-fi (even the writers insist,) it certainly does not excel in this realm. I love the show no less for all that it is, and I do not dislike the show for what it is not.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

True that, still way too much money spend

The easiest I guess ;P

lol sry, forgot about that xD

Indeed it does. Oh and here's an interview from Nasu and Takeuchi from a few years agp. Some really interesting parts among them, like how Nasu describes the theme of each route:

http://comipress.com/article/2006/06/30/386
    Well sports events are always like that. If the sport is interesting that is.

No. Certainly not. *shakes his head*

So do I while I'm there... x'D

Gonna read that later when I'm alone again.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is exactly as Doraku says. It's not like it puts me off though. The cringy physics has nothing to do with me loving or hating the show. Time travelling is just a device to portray the message they want to show, and I do not think it's right to judge a show especially Gintama by something that should be "accepted" rather than "analyzed." Yes it does make me cringe because ultimately you'll always get certain events unresolved with plots such as time travelling, but if the ending says it's an all-round happy ending, then I'll gladly accept that and erase the illogical parts as I see it. That goes for Steins;Gate as well actually, and also possibly one of the reasons why I don't see it as much of a Sci-fi show as most other people. It is easy to overlook and slap an "element X" label on otherworldly technology, but when it comes to illogically developed events it is hard for a puny little human mind to ditch away all the logic he's learnt in his life and get his mind around it, it's not as simple as giving it a label "element X" for time travelling. Though S;G is generally tagged as a Sci-fi (even the writers insist,) it certainly does not excel in this realm. I love the show no less for all that it is, and I do not dislike the show for what it is not.
    I get all of that but again, Gintama? Do you care about a kicking cans like a laser beam too? Or about splitting souls, which one half getting into a piece of poop? Or into glasses? I dunno, maybe time travel just is something that special to you, but for me Gintama could pull whatever and I would love, no reason to cringe about anything with that series. Not even sure what's to analyze there. it's not about accepting but rather just having fun, and not thinking about it too hard because seriously, does it matter with such a series? I doubt anyone expected time travel that made total sense, especially with it being such an extremely difficult thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Well sports events are always like that. If the sport is interesting that is.

No. Certainly not. *shakes his head*

So do I while I'm there... x'D

Gonna read that later when I'm alone again.
    Not always me thinks, you spend a reasonable amount too and have fun.

They're not easy compared to a guy having no home and no food, fearing for his own life?

What were we talking about there? xD

Still with friends?

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Let's finish this thread today \o/

Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast