Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RinGO321227's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Hi! Mind if I introduce myself?

Hey, guys! I'm RINGO. I'm a fan of many many anime, such as Naruto, Gintama, Fairy Tail, Shingeki no Kyojin. I also love Japanese songs especially, anime OSTs. I learned Japanese because of that. Speaking of Japanese, I'm taking Japanese language ang culture as a major in my college. (A JLPT N4 passer and taking N3 this year, BTW)

Also, I'm trying to make my own manga but I'm still in the process of character profiling and I still don't have a firm plot for the story sooooooooo, I hope you could help me with that. I really appreciate critics and suggestions. I will be posting here someday the progress of my manga (the profiling, I mean).

I am also interested in scanslation jobs to practice my Japanese so just PM or comment if you need me.

Let's be friends, okay? XD よろしく~!
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself?

We don't mind at all!
    Welcome to MH!
    Quote Quote:
    A JLPT N4 passer and taking N3 this year, BTW
    Same as me then, woohoo! Ganbatte ne!! How was your N4? Did you consider it difficult?

Also I don't know how much you've been browsing around the forum, but...here are two places, you might like

Translators' Academy
    Fanfics and stories

Kochira koso yoroshiku ne!

PS: How did you find us btw?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    We don't mind at all!
    Welcome to MH!

Same as me then, woohoo! Ganbatte ne!! How was your N4? Did you consider it difficult?

Also I don't know how much you've been browsing around the forum, but...here are two places, you might like

Translators' Academy
    Fanfics and stories

Kochira koso yoroshiku ne!

PS: How did you find us btw?

Well, I can say that N4 was quite easy because there weren't that much Kanji.

I was just browsing for forums where I can ask for comments and suggestions for the manga that I am going to make. Actually, I have registered to one forum but I don't know why, they just banned me. Then I found this site, saw a lot of anime enthusiasts (otaku, perhaps?) and Japanese language learners such as myself and decided to register. So here I am, tada~~h! XD
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RinGO321227 View Post
    Well, I can say that N4 was quite easy because there weren't that much Kanji.
    Quite true...my easy part was the listening part...seems like anime watching came in handy after all
    Quote Quote:
    I was just browsing for forums where I can ask for comments and suggestions for the manga that I am going to make. Actually, I have registered to one forum but I don't know why, they just banned me. Then I found this site, saw a lot of anime enthusiasts (otaku, perhaps?) and Japanese language learners such as myself and decided to register. So here I am, tada~~h! XD
    Hmmm...well who knows...so many forums, so many rules and policies...you will great here, everyone who came here and started interacting more with the community is not able to leave ...so welcome again!

Otaku is the right word, but in the english translation we are more manga fans here, than anime...the majority follows both media I guess, but manga is our focus

What's your favourite manga/anime series...do you even read manga at all?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Apple chan ka.. ii namai da. Welcome to mh, glad to have you here.

I'll have to promo you to start reading some manhwa (Korean comics).

Etto ne - whats that saying 'sow the seed early to harvest the fruits early?'

Have you read any Korean comics??
    Last edited by Charlie; November 01, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Apple chan ka.. ii nami da. Welcome to mh, glad to have you here.

I'll have to promo you to start reading some manhwa (Korean comics).

Etto ne - whats that saying 'sow the seed early to harvest the fruits early?'

Have you read any Korean comics??

No offense but I refrain myself from reading Korean and Chinese comics. I needed to focus on Japanese comic since it's my major in college and so that I won't forget my vocabs (and stuff). Some of my classmates who are Korean fanatics have bad grades in their Nihongo subjects because of watching too much Korean drama. But anyway, thanks for recommending.

BTW, what do you mean "sow the seed early to harvest fruits early?"

Thanks for your warm welcome ^^V

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

[QUOTE=benelori;3583330]
    Quote Quote:
    Quite true...my easy part was the listening part...seems like anime watching came in handy after all
    same here! Listening is the easiest for me, too. Not brag but I got this amazing Japanese listening skills due to my excessive listening to J-RAP. I totally recommend you to listen to J-RAP. My teacher said it helps you catch what Japanese say when they talk fast.

Quote Quote:
    Otaku is the right word, but in the english translation we are more manga fans here, than anime...the majority follows both media I guess, but manga is our focus

What's your favourite manga/anime series...do you even read manga at all?
    I'm not really patient in reading because I gotta see them moving! But when I'm in the mood, I read manga randomly.

Naruto is my all-time favourite anime and manga series, even if it has a lot of haters. It still rocks for me! (I hope it ends already thought) I also like Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, Uta no Prince-sama, Fairy Tale and a lot lot more. I like Reverse Harem + Shoujo Genre.
    As for the manga, I follow Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale.
    What about you?
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RinGO321227 View Post
    No offense but I refrain myself from reading Korean and Chinese comics. I needed to focus on Japanese comic since it's my major in college and so that I won't forget my vocabs (and stuff). Some of my classmates who are Korean fanatics have bad grades in their Nihongo subjects because of watching too much Korean drama. But anyway, thanks for recommending.

BTW, what do you mean "sow the seed early to harvest fruits early?"

Thanks for your warm welcome ^^V
    Hmmmm - just made up that line trying to get you to read the K comics .
    Although it make sense since you're learning Japanese not to watch or listen to other languages.
    Regarding the K comics a lot of them are in english scans so you won't have to worry much about running into Korean words?
    Dramas - yeah, I can see where there might be some issues.

Quote Quote:
    Some of my classmates who are Korean fanatics have bad grades in their Nihongo subjects because of watching too much Korean drama. But anyway, thanks for recommending
    Hey - send some of these fanatics my way, wont you?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome, more people to discuss anime songs with the better, any favorites?
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Hi and welcome, more people to discuss anime songs with the better, any favorites?
    Oh, If I'm gonna list them one by one, I'm never gonna end and you'll stop reading (hihi).
    But I found this band, HOME MADE KAZOKU, singing the first ending song of Naruto Shippuden, another ending of Bleach and an opening of Eureka Seven and I find them really cool. Since then, I follow them on Twitter and Facebook and became my favorite band.
    They also do colabs with SEAMO, FLOW, and other famous bands and singers in Japan.

Most of the songs in my playlist are from anime OSTs, BTW.
    What about you?
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

New Reply