Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what kind of dirt does Ivankov have on Crocodile???!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused what kind of dirt does Ivankov have on Crocodile???!!!

this has always puzzled me

whatever it was must have been pretty bad...

i am still trying to figure out their past, it doesnt make alot of sense

either way i have a feeling its going to be entertaining once we find out. i was assuming it has to do with the revolutionary army but what is the connection with croco-chan???

i am dying to find out

if this was already revealed please tell me where i can go back and read it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what kind of dirt does Ivankov have on Crocodile???!!!

I'm gonna go with back when Crocodile was a rookie, Ivankov changed his gender from woman to man.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah from the moment I saw that scene. I've always assumed that Crocodile was originally a chick.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

what do we know about croco?

-Saw Roger's execution
    -Became a pirate (probably after seeing the execution)
    -Ivankov knows a 'weakness' of his
    -was defeated by whitebeard
    -hates the WG
    -has a deep 'wound' that he claims time has healed (when he talked with Daz)

He was pretty nonchalant back in his cell about having a bone to pick with WB, yet he became stressed when Ivankov talked about his weakness, so I'd say that whatever Ivankov knows has nothing to do with him having been defeated by WB. And it was when he was a rookie, so I think it must've been before WB defeated him.

Also, it seems that he and Daz go way back. I think whatever Ivankov knows has to do with this 'wound' that he talked about with Daz (maybe the same event where he lost his hand? maybe involve some injustice done by the WG?). For it to be just him being a chick is so predictable that it wouldn't have been worth the mention that its been given.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I think he lost his hand while fighting Whitebeard, same fight where he got the scar across his face.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd have to be numb not to think of Crocodile possibly being a woman the moment Iwankov said he knew his secret. And Oda did it so we would wonder. He also drew Crocodile from behind at Roger's execution (chapter 0) and drew him as a kid that could be both a boy and a girl. Such a patient troll he is.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

SBS, young Shichibukai. When I saw it first, I tried to assign the less obvious ones and I thought "who's that tomboyish-looking girl?". So Croc being originally a girl makes perfect sense for me.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to think croco was a chick too (I even thought Daz was the bf lol). But I'm saying that it's TOO obvious, so obvious that it can't be because all readers would predict that and that's not cool for stories. There must be more to it, maybe he's a chick but there must be more. I think it has to do with w/e his wound is.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Recycling one of my posts here as it seems to be proper place for this kind of stuff.

Just a loose theory that I think would fit that place if it will be confirmed at least to some degree.

Crocodile is person with gigantic EGO and Pride - so whatever Iva wanted to say would damage Croco in those.
    I think that maybe Ivankow meet Crocodile during his rookie years and Crocodile wasnt Okama himself but he was a deck hand, slave on Okama pirate ship and thats how he started as pirate Nobody is recognizing him now because he was forced to wear makeup by his capitan like all okamas of the crew, nobody beside Ivankov that probably had contacted his capitan for some reason- tea party or meeting of some kind, about Okama stuff. Young Crocodile would be painted like sad/angry mime- if I was Oda I would do it this way How this would be his weakness or is connected to it? I have no idea

Its clear that Crocodile has connection with Okamas- Ivankov knows him, he had strong okama in his organisation as Mr 2, he has very strong pride - as I said - so him being deck hand, slave on some Okamas pirate ship would be embarrassing fact. I dont think that his gender was changed by Ivankow, it would be to easy to guess for us and Oda is very patient TROLL just as Razh said.

Even Baroque Works/ Crocodiles Jolly Roger had Okama-like wings. Purple-pink ones. With two crossed swords/ spades Maybe that points to something else.. we will see if Oda will push series to some more adult, almost tabu subject for many.

So who knows maybe Crocodile is using his previous Capitan Jolly Roger? Or being with okamas rubbed on him in some ways

"In SBS Volume 56, a fan asked Oda why Crocodile was wearing his own clothes since he was still in prisoner clothes after he's released, Oda replied that he went to Newkama Land and got his clothes from there." just to add to his connections to Okamas.
    Maybe Oda used some elements from Capitan Hook designing Sandman. Maybe real corocodile eaten his Okama capitan and thats why he named himself Crocodile, praised them- having few of those as pets in Alabasta, even had ship with Crocodile theme.

Maybe he stuffed his capitans killer- crocodile that we can see on his rainmaker. Capitan Hook from Disneys movie "Hook" that aired in 1991 had stuffed crocodile as memento, crocodile that has eaten his hand.
    When it comes to Mr 0 hand, I see two possibilities- he lost in in fight with Whitebeard and gotten that nasty scar on his face in same fight or he still has it but uses hook as a standard all time weapon.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You'd have to be numb not to think of Crocodile possibly being a woman the moment Iwankov said he knew his secret. And Oda did it so we would wonder. He also drew Crocodile from behind at Roger's execution (chapter 0) and drew him as a kid that could be both a boy and a girl. Such a patient troll he is.
    that is certainly a possibility, i was thinking that or the possibility of corodile sleeping with someone who had been turned from man to woman

however oda doesnt seem like the type to through something like that into the plot

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Well when I saw that moment in the anime,my first thought was that maybe he was a girl and asked Ivankov to turn him to a man.It's Ivankov after all. But then I figured out it might be something deeper. We all know that Crocodile's dream is to become Pirate King(it was featured in a cover story) , so I figured out that maybe when he was a rookie he was like Luffy. Maybe not stupid like him, but he cared deeply about his crew. But then his dream was broken when he lost his arm and got that scar, along with his crew . It might have been because of WB, or the World government, we don't know for sure. And Ivankov knew about his dream, and his past so maybe that's what he meant. I wonder how Luffy would react if he found out that his enemy shares the same dream .
    And he might have had connections with the revolutionary army. It wouldn't surprise me after all what happened in Alabasta. But then he had a disillusion and left the revolutionary army.
    Either way I hope Oda reveals the truth someday, because Crocodile is one of my favorite characters in OP.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    that is certainly a possibility, i was thinking that or the possibility of corodile sleeping with someone who had been turned from man to woman

however oda doesnt seem like the type to through something like that into the plot
    You're talking about the same Oda that made Sanji suffer a massive bloodloss ater seeing a bunch of mermaids. He's not above some things, that's for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roarchu View Post
    I used to think croco was a chick too (I even thought Daz was the bf lol). But I'm saying that it's TOO obvious, so obvious that it can't be because all readers would predict that and that's not cool for stories. There must be more to it, maybe he's a chick but there must be more. I think it has to do with w/e his wound is.
    Look, it's not exactly brain science. Oda knew what the first thing readers will think would be and I'm saying he purposefully draws images that always leave some doubt. I do think it's quite possible that Crocodile wasn't a woman and Oda is leading us on a wrong track. But since both possibilities are still open, it's hard to say which one is more likely. I wouldn't put my hand in fire for either.
    Last edited by Razh; November 01, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love oda's sense of humor

especially when it comes to okama's or anything involving sanjis blood loss or zoros lack of directional skills

I guess you are right though, you cant rule out anything with oda

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a given that no one can rule out the gender-bender business by Iva on Croco. It will always be a possibility until Oda reveals the truth. The idea of it being related to Croco's original "dream" so to speak is a bit strange to me. Yeah sure he aimed to become the Pirate King (I don't think that's his true aim at present) but I don't think a defeat against WB would be so humiliating that it became a secret!? I think Croco already made direct reference to that during the Marineford War.

Something to do with his injury on his arm, the "story" behind the hook I guess is one way of looking at it. I honestly think it must be something super personal besides a sex change. I have a hunch it could be to do with his family lineage...

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

That would be hilarious but like you stated not really Oda-like.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    I think it's a given that no one can rule out the gender-bender business by Iva on Croco. It will always be a possibility until Oda reveals the truth. The idea of it being related to Croco's original "dream" so to speak is a bit strange to me. Yeah sure he aimed to become the Pirate King (I don't think that's his true aim at present) but I don't think a defeat against WB would be so humiliating that it became a secret!? I think Croco already made direct reference to that during the Marineford War.

Something to do with his injury on his arm, the "story" behind the hook I guess is one way of looking at it. I honestly think it must be something super personal besides a sex change. I have a hunch it could be to do with his family lineage...

That would be hilarious but like you stated not really Oda-like.
    umm NO to the "not really oda like"

- boa hancocks island with girls trying to pull of luffys little special mushroom
    - sanji's nosebleeds from mermaids.
    -brook and panties
    - impel down okama land and bon-chan.
    -robin grabbing franky balls

I think Oda is quite open to this sort of humor.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast