Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what kind of dirt does Ivankov have on Crocodile???!!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what kind of dirt does Ivankov have on Crocodile???!!!

So what we're going to have a flashback sex scene where after croco does "her" we find out that "she" is actually a he!?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't need to show sex. He can just give vague information of how Crocodile's fiancee decided to change into a man. That's just an example though.

Just to add, I don't think this happened.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocodile used to be female.

Someone pointed out the Shichibukai are based upon the 7 heroes of Romancing Saga.

Rocbouquet - Queen of an Island of Warrior Woman.Her temptation skill charms men.
    Kujinshi - Steals souls and creates Zombies.
    Dantarg - A Tyrant who had his body modified.
    Bokuohn - A Man who literally controls people like puppets and is known for his manipulative nature.He also controlled a land and held slaves.
    Subier - A Merman who controls the ocean using the sea to fight.
    Noel - A Powerful swordsman with a strict code of honor.
    Wagnas - Tried to find an an ancient inscription telling the location of a weapon so powerful Wagnas could take over a country.A trap.
    Last edited by Beatrice; November 05, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

4. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ that sounds really interesting, I also believe that Crocodile was a woman, but that there's more to it.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

Someone pointed out the Shichibukai are based upon the 7 heroes of Romancing Saga.

Rocbouquet - Queen of an Island of Warrior Woman.Her temptation skill charms men.
    Bokuohn - A Man who literally controls people like puppets and is known for his manipulative nature.He also controlled a land and held slaves.
    Wagnas - Tried to find an an ancient inscription telling the location of a weapon so powerful Wagnas could take over a country.A trap.
    Wagnas (ワグナス Wagunasu?): A hero with both angelic and butterfly-like characteristics, the incredibly feminine-looking Lord Wagnas is actually male. He enslaves the Iris race to do his bidding, and resides in a floating castle above the Eastern Kingdom.
    from Wikipedia

So perhaps Oda just gotten an idea to troll us a bit about Crocos gender and he will still end up as male and as I still do think Crocodile has different secret than being a woman at start so to say.
    Last edited by vagabond87; November 05, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe crocodile needs iva's hormone shots to get it up

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

holy shit i never knew that

i will have to research this myself now

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am surprised that at this point I never heard of any of this regarding the shichibukai. It fits too perfectly... But then again the one that crocodile is supposed to be based on does not appear to necessarily suggest crocodile is a woman. I guess he can be the reverse, a man that looks like a woman however that is not in itself dirt. crocodile could be embarrased about that however in the end it is not really that big a development IMO. If we are talking about angelic beings though then perhaps crocodile is from sky island? That alone would not be that hue a development either though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Crocodile is Whitebeard's son / daughter. They look extremely similar and have a similar laugh.

Maybe whitebeard refused to let her join because she was a girl and having become a man he still wouldn't let her join and ended up fighting her or something along those lines.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The most common theory is that Crocodile was a woman, I don't think this is the case for a few reasons.

1. People say Crocodile looked like a girl as a child, I don't see it.

When Oda drew the shichibukai, Crocodile was drawn as a boy. If you take the time to really look at Oda's drawing style he's clearly a boy. Oda draws female faces differently. The eyes area dead give away. Compare Crocodiles eyes to Koala's, a girl who looked like a boy on her introduction.

Children generally speaking have androgynous appearance as the defining physical traits haven't developed yet, but with Oda's art style the eyes are a dead give away, a girls eyes are drown bigger and with eyelashes.

3.Romancing saga 2 comparison

A few people have drawn the comparison with between the shichibukai and the Seven heroes from Romancing SaGa 2, making the comparison between Crocodile and Wagnas. But even then Wagnas was a man who only looks feminine and Oda did not base any of the shichibukai’s appearances on these characters and even the connection isn't confirmed. At best Oda took some aspects of these characters to use on the Shichibukai, he did not base their appearances on them, even is he did the supposed character Crocodile is based on is in fact a man.

While I do in fact believe the Oda took aspect from the game, I don't think he would out right take the whole character.

4.We didn't see his face at Roger’s Execution.

Doesn’t mean anything on it’s own, He never saw his face in Impel Down until he meet Luffy, and looked exactly they same, despite having his face hidden for several chapters. Same thing in chapter 700 and episode 629, at least in the Anime, its is clearly Crocodile, still did’t show his face and if it is indeed him in the Manga, I really don’t he looks much different. Oda didn't need to show his face to show who it was, even then if he was hiding something, I thinks it’s something to do with his facial scar, which he know he didn't have as a child.

5. It appears to be an actual weakness.

What Even Ivankov threatened Crocodile with, I feel like it had to be something that could actually affect him, and being a woman in the past doesn’t seem like it would be able to really stop Crocodile from doing something. I never got the impression that Crocodile put a lot of important on gender, his organization was pretty egalitarian, women holding the same rank as men, and he had a cross-dresser in him employ. Gender roles don’t seem that important to him. Some of the strongest people in the world are women, so I really don’t understand how this could be viewed as a weakness. What’s more is Crocodile could probably kill Ivankov as soon as he got out of his cell, and if it was just some secret, he could silence him forever, instead he cooperated. Telling everyone he was a woman would do literally nothing to stop him from going rouge once he was out, at most it would just piss him off.

The ramification of Crocodile once being a woman are also low at best. At worst he' be embarrassed, also the fact that it would also at be at most be considered a rumor as no one could properly confirm it, all Crocodile would have to do is say Ivankov was lying.

If it is a secret and not another actual weakness it would have to be on par with Hancock being a former slave, something that resulted in her being viewed as less than human. Being a woman is

6.It’s to obvious

In all the years I've read One Piece I have very rarely seen the fan base correctly guess at any mystery Oda has set forth. He is very good at miss leading the fan-base. Every time something like this has been presented I have rarely seen any fan forum correctly guess it, and as common as this idea is, I really doubt Oda is gonna have this be the truth. I’m certain it’s immediately what most people thought when Ivankov was the one who knew his secret, so I think that was intentional on his part to throw people off the trail of the real secret. Given that almost everyone thinks he was a woman, that alone makes me have doubts that this is the case, it's way to obvious for it to be the case in my opinion.

What ever the secret/weakness is I think it's gonna be a lot more clever that him being a woman.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2