Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 109 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 110 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 111 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

With these chapters, we should finally be getting to the first real on screen match of our main character...This series has been running for how many years now...and we still have yet to really see Ryoma play...

Well regardless, the these matches ended pretty quickly, but it at least showed that Shuuji really is quite strong.

I see the series going one of two ways right now and it all depends on the results of the next match.

If Ryoma wins, I see Tokugawa probably winning too and the focus shifts from the camp to the next expedition match or a foreign team coming to Japan to take them on. Regardless that moves us away from most of the middle schoolers and shows us for the first time the world stage.

If Ryoma loses, focus shifts to more training...and stuff...

Honestly, I hope it's the latter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind seeing Echizen and Tokugawa both lose. I do think that the result of the two match will be the same. Either Tokugawa and Echizen both win or both Tokugawa and Echizen lose. I don't want to see more training myself, so I rather see them win so that we can shift to the world.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ryoma and Tokugawa both lose and the focus would be in world tournament, the title of the manga would be:

'Atobe and Friends'
    'King of Tennis'
    'Highschool Tennis of the Super Saiyan'
    ...ok I'm out.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems unlikely. If Ryoma somehow loses, the focus will probably stay on the camp, just like how Konomi wrote about the mountain camp when Ryoma went there. Or even if he loses, he could get Yukimura's badge for example (if Yukimura leaves), then the 1-10 would be mostly HSers and the 11-20 mostly MSers, allowing them to get used to the international level more easily.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think players with aura shot have no business staying in the camp if they want to go aboard. Tokugawa, Oni, and Irie all have reason they stay behind. Same with Shuuji too, I suppose.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

On one hand I don't want Ryoma to win. It just seems too... Well yea, cliche. He is the main hero thingie, so it would only be expected of him to win, but it would also be a tad boring.

On the other hand, I would like him to win, and maybe Tokugawa too, so we could get a chance of another foreign expedition, and we can finally see matches in other countries with foreign players. With of course some chapters dedicated to see what peeps are doing back in camp.

I really wish to start see something else than the camp.. It have been like... 5 years since the series started, and we really haven't got far, when taking that into consideration. We need some weekly releases, or it'll be maaaaaany many years before this manga will end. Especially as Konomi have said that the first 40 mangas "only were a prologue" to the actual series... And they were released monthly.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yeah, I think players with aura shot have no business staying in the camp if they want to go aboard. Tokugawa, Oni, and Irie all have reason they stay behind. Same with Shuuji too, I suppose.
    Well, by that logic the losers of these matches have to get spots as well in one way or another, not sure if that's gonna happen. Also, all three chapters have been scanlated in English:
    http://www.rycolaa.com/manga/reader/...nnis/en/0/109/
    http://www.rycolaa.com/manga/reader/...nnis/en/0/110/
    http://www.rycolaa.com/manga/reader/...nnis/en/0/111/
    Last edited by Kaoz; November 02, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think at least that Kintarou, Sanada, Akutsu all deserve all a spot in 1st stringer somewhere.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for those 3, if Ryoma wins, I can't really see those 3 not being in the picture. Kaoz and I think they can take some of the 11-20 badges...actually Kintarou already has one of those.

With Yukimura leaving probably, he may give his to Sanada and Taka needs a new partner with Kabaji gone.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for Kintarou, the manga say 2nd stringer Kintarou when he's challenging Oni, though. He might not have it anymore.

Ah, and you're right, Sai. Taka+Akutsu would be perfect pair. Yukimura giving it to Sanada make complete sense, too.

I'm hoping Ryoga give his badge to Echizen and be waiting as opponent on German team with Tezuka or something. That'll be cool to see.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Shuuji's strong, so I'm happy, but...

I would rather go abroad than see more training.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about these chapters

Spoiler show

Honestly, after the b!tchslaps Akutsu received in this match, he doesn't deserve a lot.

I just wanna see Tohno coming back and destroying Kimijima, and I honestly don't care about the rest. As far as we know, Tokuwaga, Ryoma and Oni want the No.1 spot for sure. Ryoga has to play against someone.

Not really in the mood for predictions, as Konomi gave us a marvelous 6-0 6-0 after teasing about BA, Ten at once, Loving tennis... so I'd say wtv.

Sending this team to an expedition would be... really bad, considering how many players were left outside and how many players that don't really deserve it are still in (seriously, Ohmagari has a fodder aura).

TL;DR : it's impossible to predict wtf Konomi wants to do with this anymore (at all).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohmagari got fodder aura after he solo Akutsu and Sanada without Black Aura and doesn't miss hitting the first black aura ball like Yukimura did when he saw it the first time? Am I missing something?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

shuji may give his badge to sanada? regardless of the match outcome.

since he just stays home anyways since he dont like flying.

i would like to see a draw with #1 and tokugawa, since it will make tokugawa continue his goal of defeating his arch enemy.
    other wise he'll have to have new goals which is doable.

EDIT: why is ryoma not using a racket with a " R" on it lol.
    Last edited by ashore; November 02, 2013 at 12:39 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast