Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 109 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 110 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 111 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

I have a feeling he can have new goal in trying to beat Ryoga if Ryoga turn out to be stronger than Byoudonin after he beat Byoudonin. It's kinda hint at in the databook. I want to see it drawn.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Ohmagari got fodder aura after he solo Akutsu and Sanada without Black Aura and doesn't miss hitting the first black aura ball like Yukimura did when he saw it the first time? Am I missing something?
    Nationals Yukimura. I'd expect much more nowadays.

Yeah, he soloed them for 3 points when Sanada for some reason forgot he could use his moves, specially rai.

Come on, we didn't see him hit a ball for like 4 chapters in a match he was playing. He's as relevant as Mouri

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else getting Captain Tsubasa vibes when watching Ryoma complete his training? Specifically when Hyūga was practicing his new technique with the black soccer ball and was blasting through trees.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Nationals Yukimura. I'd expect much more nowadays.

Yeah, he soloed them for 3 points when Sanada for some reason forgot he could use his moves, specially rai.

Come on, we didn't see him hit a ball for like 4 chapters in a match he was playing. He's as relevant as Mouri
    If National Yukimura can answer Rai tech with lower stats than he is now, I think it's reasonable to assume that Ohmargari can return it as well. And Yukimura was seen losing at least point to #11, and also call Mach a shot that can't be return, a move that Ohmagari just snot at. Ohmargari never lose his cool and can almost always at least touch the ball with his racquet even when face with Black Aura. I think Sanada "might" be able to compete with#6 in singles, but I don't think he can fight any HS higher than that. Maybe Kaji.

As debated before, Rai is a cool move, but it is uncertain how many Rai Sanada can use now. It could be double the amount, itmight be only 5 more times than the National, or maybe not at all, who knows? Either way, the fact that Sanada is not spamming I think highly suggest that the number of Rai he can use is not an amount that can be spam in 3 set match. Why else would he not use it? Or maybe Rai and Black Aura can't be use at the same time, and Black Aura is a more powerful technique, so he decide to use that. It's hard to know.

What's clear is that Sanada, even with the help of Akutsu, got 6-0 by Shuuji solo. So he's lower than I guess at least 3 players in the camp (The obvious 3). But it's not a little below. It's not like he lose 6-4 or even 6-3. It's 6-0.

Kintarou hold his serve against Oni and probably can do more if they start from beginning now. Yukimura and Sanada are cool story in PoT, but they need to step up their game to do enough in the series right now. There are only 3 relevant MS, really.
    Last edited by -Ken-; November 02, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about it, the more obvious it appears that they were going to lose this one. Shūji is number 2 at the camp. No seriously, he's second to Byōdōin. That's serious. There's no way Sanada and Akutsu were gonna win this.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    The more I think about it, the more obvious it appears that they were going to lose this one. Shūji is number 2 at the camp. No seriously, he's second to Byōdōin. That's serious. There's no way Sanada and Akutsu were gonna win this.
    I was hoping the whole time that Tanegashima battered his opponent. I didn't want Sanada to face Tanegashima so soon in all honesty.
    This result is really realistic to messing with Top HSers in the camp.
    (Byoudouin, Oni, Ryoga, Tanegashima, Tokugawa, Irie & Duke...) Let alone Ohmagari.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I believed in Shuuji from the start and I have been rewarded.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I was hoping the whole time that Tanegashima battered his opponent. I didn't want Sanada to face Tanegashima so soon in all honesty.
    This result is really realistic to messing with Top HSers in the camp.
    (Byoudouin, Oni, Ryoga, Tanegashima, Tokugawa, Irie & Duke...) Let alone Ohmagari.

That's why it's time for a time skip 3 years forward, so that we don't have to waste our time turning back to the powering up training again. In 3 years, Ryoma will be 15-16 hence it's reasonable for him to enter the international stage playing against his older brother and the former captain.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm honestly pretty surprised. I thought for sure that Sanada and Akutsu were going to win. This is the first of the G10 matches where the outcome has been so far against what I thought would occur. And it was surprising to see it being so lobsided, too. I guess Tanegashima really is just that strong.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    That's why it's time for a time skip 3 years forward, so that we don't have to waste our time turning back to the powering up training again. In 3 years, Ryoma will be 15-16 hence it's reasonable for him to enter the international stage playing against his older brother and the former captain.
    I don't want 3 years time skip. I want to see Shuuji and Oni and Byoudonin get overcome. I don't want to see them just out of it due to their age.

And yeah, this match result does surprise me. I never expect Sanada and Akutsu to get 6-0. Guess that shows the difference between the top. Echizen/Kintarou got their main character armor (Kintarou since he's the ex-main character). Tezuka also show why he's the only MS shown to be scout by a pro in Japan, even with Yukumura and Sanada in pressence. It all kinda make sense.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the outcome of these matches is more or less in line with what we've seen so far. Sanada/Akutsu were outclassed from the start, but like Kite/Marui, like Kintarou and like Gin, they at least managed to make their opponents go all-out, which is probably more than what the vast majority of the camp would be capable of.

Regarding the upcoming matches, I can't really see Ryoma winning in a normal one, Ryoga isn't affected by GS and should have vastly superior stats (even when you factor in that Ryoma's Technique is now probably a bit above what was shown in the fanbook). If he somehow accesses whatever Byoudouin's move beyond GS is that was hinted at in the fanbook, it might be a different matter, but I'm not sure how he would be able to do that. That said, since Konomi commented at some point that Ryoma is a character who cannot lose (on-screen anyways), I feel Ryoga is gonna forfeit for some reason.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone else, no matter how much they got raped, won at least 1 game (including Gin, and that's admirable considering how 1 sided power matches can be). We don't know if Tanegashima showed everything he had btw.

And... I don't think that Ryoga and Ryoma will play each other, we'll see.
    Last edited by Hardy; November 03, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: oneoneoeneoneoneoen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really anticipating for a big comeback from Sanada/Akutsu pair but it just...died down, they should at least make it a close battle but then again they're fighting the #2 of HS here aside from maybe the the exception and the unknown (oni and ryoga respectively), so I guess the outcome is realistic in a sense, there's no shame in losing to one of the best HS player in Japan anyway. And also Akutsu's performance leaves something to be desired after all the build-up he got.

About the future matches against the genius 10, I don't really see Ryoma winning against Ryoga if Ryoga is at least at the level of Shuuji, since Shuuji is manhandling both Sanada and Akutsu, and I don't think Ryoma is on that level yet but then again we have yet to see Ryoma in a serious match for a long time so who knows how much he improves (especially now that he seems to master making a hole on fences). I think Tokugawa's match will depend on whether Ryoma will win his match anyway, if Ryoma win I think Tokugawa will also win, if Ryoma lose, Tokugawa will also lose.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada hasn't got 10ao yet. Akutsu has 10ao and nothing else. Konomi is keeping him as a player with no special shot. I wonder if Konomi will put that in his stats as something he needs to develop like he did for Mouri.

Screw the people who wanted to bash me for saying that its possible that not all of the 4 guys who got 5ao would reach 10ao at the exact same time.
    I said Ryoma's the main character so its possible that Kintaro/Akutsu/Sanada might not all get 10ao at the same time.
    Sanada hasn't been shown to have 10ao. So my theory wasn't wrong.
    It was pretty hostile when I mentioned this so again, screw you since it was just a suggestion they know who they are.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't want 3 years time skip. I want to see Shuuji and Oni and Byoudonin get overcome. I don't want to see them just out of it due to their age.

And yeah, this match result does surprise me. I never expect Sanada and Akutsu to get 6-0. Guess that shows the difference between the top. Echizen/Kintarou got their main character armor (Kintarou since he's the ex-main character). Tezuka also show why he's the only MS shown to be scout by a pro in Japan, even with Yukumura and Sanada in pressence. It all kinda make sense.

Hitting a glowing ball is not the same as hitting 10 glowing balls, unless Ryoma's evolution is abnormal to the extreme, otherwise I really don't like a notion about a 12-13 kid beat an international player of at 20s.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast