Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Chapter 109 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 110 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 111 RAW | Translation

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #76
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Sanada chose the wrong partner. He should've teamed up with his captain.

  4. #77
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Fayte, I agree with everything, except this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Konomi's writing style is what hyped it up, not me. I was merely following where Konomi was leading me. The journey of black aura was like explaining to a young boy how the restaurant you are taking him to has the best hamburgers. The boy is shown these pictures of fantastic-looking hamburgers with bright colors in the background, very pleasing to the eye, as he eagerly awaits the restaurant in the backseat of the car. "Are we there yet?" says the boy. "Yes we are, my child." says Konomi with a big grin. The camera pans out, and they are in the McDonald's parking lot.
    We all knew we were going to McDonald's, but dad was too cheap and didn't buy us a Happy Meal box.

    You were expecting flying burgers with fireworks on them.

    Konomi never led you to think that BA was similar to TnK, we all knew that. It ended up being a dissapointing dark Habu? yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #78
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    Sanada chose the wrong partner. He should've teamed up with his captain.
    Yeah, I feel the Sanada-Akutsu pair was just for fanservice. The reason they gave in-story was weak ("Sanada paired with Akutsu because Akutsu isn't so rigid with the way he plays tennis and is really flexible, which in some miraculous way is Sanada's business").

  7. #79
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Sanada and Akutsu are improving at a rate that is almost the same as Kintaru and Ryoma, they all hit 5-10 balls(it's not clear if Sanada can do 10 ball, but he probably can), the rookies have pop, akutsu can now do more than just attack, sanada got black aura. Since Kintaru got whooped by 5, Sanada was not gonna be able to overcome 2. Ryomas only chance if if Ryoga forfeits, unless he can use PoP at will and hit and return glowing shot with 10 ball tech

  8. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Fayte, I agree with everything, except this.



    We all knew we were going to McDonald's, but dad was too cheap and didn't buy us a Happy Meal box.

    You were expecting flying burgers with fireworks on them.

    Konomi never led you to think that BA was similar to TnK, we all knew that. It ended up being a dissapointing dark Habu? yeah.
    Dude, not a chance lol. You are only saying that because of hindsight. All of us agreed black aura was a "state/aura" and NOT a technique. This caught every one of us by surprise. Also, the implication of it being amazing came from the fact Yukimura was powerless against it. At that time in the series, this was a MASSIVE statement.

  9. #81
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, I expected more too, and the fact that ¨we¨ called it Black Aura was because we all obviously didn't expect it to be just a shot. However, not many thought it was going to be even close to TnK. I wasn't one of those.

    Tbh and IIRC, Yukimura wasn't even really serious when BA raped him. Sanada scored with that, and then Yukimura got angry and decided to just win.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  10. #82
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Dude, not a chance lol. You are only saying that because of hindsight. All of us agreed black aura was a "state/aura" and NOT a technique. This caught every one of us by surprise. Also, the implication of it being amazing came from the fact Yukimura was powerless against it. At that time in the series, this was a MASSIVE statement.
    You'll recall that I thought it was only going to be around the level of Hyakuren, because that was seemingly all it took to frighten Yuki.

  11. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Well, I expected more too, and the fact that ¨we¨ called it Black Aura was because we all obviously didn't expect it to be just a shot. However, not many thought it was going to be even close to TnK. I wasn't one of those.

    Tbh and IIRC, Yukimura wasn't even really serious when BA raped him. Sanada scored with that, and then Yukimura got angry and decided to just win.
    Nowhere does it say Yukimura was not serious. That is an assumption that many use with the quote of him saying "I thought I could enjoy playing tennis today, I guess I was wrong." In fact, the very first rally, Sanada tells Yukimura to not hold back. Having fun does not mean holding back. Like I said, that is an assumption that is not explicit in the text.

    As for BA being another tnk, that was not farfetched if you believed it or not. BA was the first new aura after seeing tnk. Naturally one would think the man who beat Tezuka will have a counter aura to the main character. It isn't crazy thinking.

  12. #84
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Nowhere does it say Yukimura was not serious. That is an assumption that many use with the quote of him saying "I thought I could enjoy playing tennis today, I guess I was wrong." In fact, the very first rally, Sanada tells Yukimura to not hold back. Having fun does not mean holding back. Like I said, that is an assumption that is not explicit in the text.

    As for BA being another tnk, that was not farfetched if you believed it or not. BA was the first new aura after seeing tnk. Naturally one would think the man who beat Tezuka will have a counter aura to the main character. It isn't crazy thinking.
    There have been theories that many people have had relating to whether or not Black Aura was related to TnK or not. Since Sanada was able to score on Yukimura with it, Black Aura is a way to counter the yips, to where even if you can't break out of it completely, you can still play.

    One of the better theories about this is that Black Aura is an incomplete type of TnK that comes from enjoying tennis, but not being able to let go of feeling like you need to win, which is why it can counter yips, but not break out of it completely

  13. #85
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    I thought the whole Yukimura bit about enjoying tennis is because after he lost to Ryoma he figured he needs to start enjoying tennis more to learn TnK, not because he's somehow holding back. He can't enjoy tennis anymore after BA because it says Yukimura is basically afraid of BA (says he questions if he's seeing things). For all his supernatural powers, Yukimura actually thinks like a normal person. For example he says he can't imagine why anyone would enjoy tennis while losing all your senses, which is a perfectly valid viewpoint. It'd be reasonable to assume he cannot enjoy tennis against an opponent he fears.

  14. #86
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I thought the whole Yukimura bit about enjoying tennis is because after he lost to Ryoma he figured he needs to start enjoying tennis more to learn TnK, not because he's somehow holding back. He can't enjoy tennis anymore after BA because it says Yukimura is basically afraid of BA (says he questions if he's seeing things). For all his supernatural powers, Yukimura actually thinks like a normal person. For example he says he can't imagine why anyone would enjoy tennis while losing all your senses, which is a perfectly valid viewpoint. It'd be reasonable to assume he cannot enjoy tennis against an opponent he fears.
    Not only this, but Yukimura could do nothing different to improve his game. He yipped Sanada and started pounding him down. How is that holding back? Yukimura holding back would be not using Yips at all.

  15. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Black Aura played out exactly how it was supposed to play out. Anything else was pure speculation. Initially, all we saw was Sanada get Yipped but then Yukimura's band was torn apart. It was because out of his frustration at not being able to hit the ball, Sanada actually used a second swing to vector (is that a verb?) the ball upwards. Nothing was said about being better than TnK.

  16. #88
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    For what I read in PP5 (The Top), Yips is not a technique. It's a side effect of Yukimura's playstyle. So Yukimura didn't 'Yip' Sanada, Sanada played that one point for so long he got the side effects.

    Now let's see if I can find a link...

    There.

    And Fayte, you seemed to be very biased in who played seriously and who don't in your bizarre standard. You said 'playing for fun' doesn't mean Yukimura is not serious (which I can agree with), but I remembered back somewhere back then you said Tezuka didn't go against Fuji seriously (even though he used PoP) because he didn't take off his jacket (which Fuji didn't either, and the timeline is November, and the next one or two chapters shows that it's snowing).

  17. #89
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dusk Hellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Well my predictions for this manga is that:
    Echizen will lose to ryoga but at the last point ryoga is going to hand over his badge and say something like "surpass your limit chibisuke"
    Byoudin will smash Tokugawa, i mean he had a tight match with ONI and with his training on the mountain would have made him improve heaps
    Call me Dusky

  18. #90
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 109, 110 and 111 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    For what I read in PP5 (The Top), Yips is not a technique. It's a side effect of Yukimura's playstyle. So Yukimura didn't 'Yip' Sanada, Sanada played that one point for so long he got the side effects.

    Now let's see if I can find a link...

    There.
    In the fanbook and on the PP's profile page, Yips is listed under Yukimura's special moves, but it says "Not actually a special move" in parentheses. But yes, like you say, it's not something Yukimura can actually choose to activate or not.

    ---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Dude, not a chance lol. You are only saying that because of hindsight. All of us agreed black aura was a "state/aura" and NOT a technique. This caught every one of us by surprise. Also, the implication of it being amazing came from the fact Yukimura was powerless against it. At that time in the series, this was a MASSIVE statement.
    There is no actual distinction between a "Technique" and an "Aura" in that sense, they're all just "Special Moves".

    ---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Konomi's writing style is what hyped it up, not me. I was merely following where Konomi was leading me.
    That's at least partially nonsense. Unless you're trying to claim that Sai, I and whoever else thought otherwise has no idea of how this whole thing works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Are you seriously comparing this match to Kintarou's? Kintarou essentially overcame all of what Oni could offer, by achieving PoP. Then even after Oni revealed his own PoP, they fought evenly. This was a great way to lose, unlike Sanada whipping out a fluke, and Akutsu sitting on the sidelines eating popcorn.
    Yes, I am comparing the results, because they're comparable. I've already given you an explanation as to why Kintarou had a better score line at the end. Sanada and Akutsu both surpassed Tanegashima in a way (fluke and negating Tanegashima's special ability in a different area respectively).

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Konomi could have gone the Shiraishi/Fuji route. He has done it before.
    And by doing so he would've explicitly stated that Tanegashima can handle the double clutch and he may not have wanted that. It also would've implied that Sanada and Akutsu were actually close to winning, like Fuji was, which probably also wasn't desirable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The writing patterns are Konomi's hype and constant emphasis of these two characters. Sanada lost against Yukimura, which means he should have won after receiving his character development. This is why it is absurd to see people saying "Well, this is great because now Sanada and Akutsu can develop!" Um, they have been developing since chapter 5, and we have seen no tangible results of any good use. Konomi makes his characters shine after development. That is his writing style. Yet instead, Sanada and Akutsu leave the court with Shuuji dookie smeared across their faces.
    Sanada and Akutsu both had some moments in which they could shine. If you don't see that, I suggest rereading. Tanegashima even acknowledged both of them at the end. And if I may make the comparison again, I also don't feel like Sanada and Akutsu were more hyped than Kintarou and they all lost. This is the stage in which the MSers are finally outclassed by the HSers, that's just how it is, and these two are no exception.

    Sanada and Akutsu, like most of the MSers, are probably gonna get their tangible results on the international level instead.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts