Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting......

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am patient. I can wait.

If only you were really interested in psychology to serve humanity. Today I saw lots of depressed people. Such stressed lives. What a world.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

If only. She would be a God-send.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    What's one of the craziest things that's gone through you head? One that you can share...
    I won't take you through that path of darkness and evil. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting crazy.

I'm not talking about my reputation here, but my reputation in real life.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    If only you were really interested in psychology to serve humanity. Today I saw lots of depressed people. Such stressed lives. What a world.
    And you think after learning psychology, I know how to cure depression? Heck, if anything, I am more prone to long depression after I learn psychology. Having extensive knowledge about how screwed you are will make the burden even bigger.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I won't take you through that path of darkness and evil. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting crazy.
    How selfless of you.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not talking about my reputation here, but my reputation in real life.
    I know lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't go so far as to get into dangerous situations, but I do like to go on an adventure from time to time (I really love reading adventure stories anyway). I am pretty calculating though, so I only do things that I can get away easily with and will not ruin my good reputation.
    But that's the most fun! The more danger, the more fun!

I'm pretty much the same I guess and usually I get away with a lot of stuff, but I'm getting more spontaneous with actions, so sometimes I get (almost) caught, which is just as much fun! I usually tend to get away too, so yeah. FUN!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

And you think after learning psychology, I know how to cure depression? Heck, if anything, I am more prone to long depression after I learn psychology. Having extensive knowledge about how screwed you are will make the burden even bigger.
    Perhaps you could be an exception. Although most probably you wouldn't.

True, though. It's scary knowing just how many errors you actually have in your head and body. It's amazing but also terrifying.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

finally. I had started to think no one will know the reference.
    Well, it is quite entertaining, though, yeah, not up to LOTR standard. Probably because there isn't any epic battle, but that's the next movie's share. Also, for same reason, the graphic is not that good. Some things look obviously computerized.
    I love Thranduil, and of course Legolas too. I also like Tauriel and Kili, I'm starting to ship them though I know it won't end well for various reasons. Smaug is awesome too. Benedict did an excellent job.

Long time? I don't think it's that long.
    Lol I forgot to answer you xD So bad. Yes it has indeed been very long since I posted here/we talked in any other thread whatever!

I had just watched the movie, so I remembered. Plus it's one of the phrases that stuck out. I'm a pretty big fan of Peter Jackson's movies, but overall I'm way less of a Hobbit fan. I read the Hobbit once, LOTR thrice, so yeah that says something.

To be honest neither of the movies have been spectacular yet. People hyped the second as better than the first, I kind of disagree. I think the second obviously had its highlights and was overall an amazing movie, but both movies fall low of LOTR standard indeed. The sets looks awfully artificially at times too, which is what bothers me most of all. I can't help but feel like they did a better job at LOTR (the the techniques have probably advanced, and that to the worse). Smaug obviously looked breathtaking. One of the better CGI characters I've seen, ever, perhaps even the best, purely from an animation perspective.

Man I hate the Tauriel and Kili thing... Seems so freaking forced to me. Sorry. I found all of those scenes incredibly awkward to watch. Peter Jackson should keep away from that, it's not his strong point, even if he did a great job with Aragorn and Arwen.

Any Legolas is win for me. All of his scenes were awesome. Legolas is awesome. When he was standing on the dwarves' heads in the river and going crazy I was like "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!!"

Lego's eyes don't seem the same as in LOTR through. They're too blue, or have a black border or something that seems off

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

How selfless of you.
    Rather than selfless, it's more of trying to avoid future problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    But that's the most fun! The more danger, the more fun!

I'm pretty much the same I guess and usually I get away with a lot of stuff, but I'm getting more spontaneous with actions, so sometimes I get (almost) caught, which is just as much fun! I usually tend to get away too, so yeah. FUN!
    No matter how fun it is, if the risks are too great, I don't want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Perhaps you could be an exception. Although most probably you wouldn't.

True, though. It's scary knowing just how many errors you actually have in your head and body. It's amazing but also terrifying.

That's why the path to wisdom is ever so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Lol I forgot to answer you xD So bad. Yes it has indeed been very long since I posted here/we talked in any other thread whatever!

I had just watched the movie, so I remembered. Plus it's one of the phrases that stuck out. I'm a pretty big fan of Peter Jackson's movies, but overall I'm way less of a Hobbit fan. I read the Hobbit once, LOTR thrice, so yeah that says something.

To be honest neither of the movies have been spectacular yet. People hyped the second as better than the first, I kind of disagree. I think the second obviously had its highlights and was overall an amazing movie, but both movies fall low of LOTR standard indeed. The sets looks awfully artificially at times too, which is what bothers me most of all. I can't help but feel like they did a better job at LOTR (the the techniques have probably advanced, and that to the worse). Smaug obviously looked breathtaking. One of the better CGI characters I've seen, ever, perhaps even the best, purely from an animation perspective.

Man I hate the Tauriel and Kili thing... Seems so freaking forced to me. Sorry. I found all of those scenes incredibly awkward to watch. Peter Jackson should keep away from that, it's not his strong point, even if he did a great job with Aragorn and Arwen.

Any Legolas is win for me. All of his scenes were awesome. Legolas is awesome. When he was standing on the dwarves' heads in the river and going crazy I was like "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!!"

Lego's eyes don't seem the same as in LOTR through. They're too blue, or have a black border or something that seems off

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised that you reply to this anyway, because it had been so long that even I forgot about it.

It still bugs me why the Hobbit can't be better than LOTR though the tech should be more advanced these days. But yeah, Smaug is awesome.
    Since the next movie will be the final one and ave a great battle, I hope it will be better.

Well, I admit Kili and Tauriel is kinda rushed, but it's still sweet IMO.

Hahaha, yeah, I love that scene too! Especially when he's on the dwarves' head and then turns his body, he looks like he's doing a ballet, I LOLed so hard. I also love it when he wipes his blood and looks at it with that "HOW DARE YOU" expression. I just realized then that I don't remember seeing Legolas bleeds. He always seems to get away unscathed even in LOTR.

Eh, I don't really pay attention to Lego's eyes, so I don't know.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Legolas' eyes do look different, but they are not.. I think. In both trilogies so far (with exception of the Return of the King errors), his eyes are blue. But they look bigger and blue..er.. than in LOTR, but then again, he looks different in more aspects, physically, due to age, probably. His head is more.. square-ish.. or something.

But they throw more attention to his eyes too, or maybe it's The Hobbit's over-all color scheme, which is a lot more colorful than in LOTR.

No matter how fun it is, if the risks are too great, I don't want to risk it.
    You miss out on a lot of good fun then.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    But they throw more attention to his eyes too, or maybe it's The Hobbit's over-all color scheme, which is a lot more colorful than in LOTR.

You miss out on a lot of good fun then.
    Yeah, I do think that the Hobbit is a lot more colorful...

Well, I get my fun from other sources, namely others' sufferings. Why risks my life if I can risk others?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised that you reply to this anyway, because it had been so long that even I forgot about it.

It still bugs me why the Hobbit can't be better than LOTR though the tech should be more advanced these days. But yeah, Smaug is awesome.
    Since the next movie will be the final one and ave a great battle, I hope it will be better.

Well, I admit Kili and Tauriel is kinda rushed, but it's still sweet IMO.

Hahaha, yeah, I love that scene too! Especially when he's on the dwarves' head and then turns his body, he looks like he's doing a ballet, I LOLed so hard. I also love it when he wipes his blood and looks at it with that "HOW DARE YOU" expression. I just realized then that I don't remember seeing Legolas bleeds. He always seems to get away unscathed even in LOTR.

Eh, I don't really pay attention to Lego's eyes, so I don't know.
    I merely saw your thread and remembered I had posted there lol.

One thing you notice has improved vastly is orc costume/make up. Some orcs in LOTR looked borderline stupidly fake (not CGI but mask/make up). But the sets look fake so often to me. Shame really. Like you noticed it in LOTR a lot too, for example the stairs up to the Spider's Nest, where Gollum framed Sam. Still the instances seem more frequent in the Hobbit.

Yeah I don't think I recall Legolas ever bleeding either. Maybe I misremember, but I've watched the LOTR movies like 10 times. At most I recall him being dirty from battle. If we've seen blood on him chances are extremely high they are from others, haha. Kind of funny how broken Legolas seems in Hobbit, even if he seemed rather equally broken in LOTR perhaps. Dwarves look like such fodder in comparison. 10 Elves of Legolas' approximate skill would wipe the floor with any army, lol.

I liked the Gandalf - Sauron scenes too. They kind of make Gandalf look like a slacker in later perspective though. Like he couldn't have put things in motion a little more efficiently during the next 60 years?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't think I recall Legolas ever bleeding either. Maybe I misremember, but I've watched the LOTR movies like 10 times. At most I recall him being dirty from battle. If we've seen blood on him chances are extremely high they are from others, haha. Kind of funny how broken Legolas seems in Hobbit, even if he seemed rather equally broken in LOTR perhaps. Dwarves look like such fodder in comparison. 10 Elves of Legolas' approximate skill would wipe the floor with any army, lol.
    Right? I just realize how minimum blood is portrayed in LOTR, and even the Hobbit.
    Even dirty, Legolas still looks pretty much the elegant elven prince, because he is not that dirty. What do you mean by broken? If anything, I think Legolas in the Hobbit is still the arrogant elven prince and it is not difficult to see how much he resembles his father at times, but in LOTR, he softens up quite a lot and seems quite different from the Hobbit's Legolas (especially if you pay really close attention to his expressions at the background in many scenes of LOTR; anyway, have you seen this: lo and behold legolas?).
    Hahaha, yeah, if LOTR has 10 Legolas, the war may end up pretty quickly.

I liked the Gandalf - Sauron scenes too. They kind of make Gandalf look like a slacker in later perspective though. Like he couldn't have put things in motion a little more efficiently during the next 60 years?
    Eh, well, even Gandalf has his limitations, I suppose. He only manages to level up in LOTR anyway...

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I really liked the gif of #7, hahahahah

"Broken" is a gaming word ^^ I meant broken as he's super overpowered. The guy is just unstoppable and almost seemed even stronger than in LOTR at times, lol.

Yeah I think it's amazing how this Legolas is in one way a completely different Legolas. It's cool how they manage to make us feel like he's the same, yet he's so different. The "LOTR Legolas" kind of came through in a few scenes, namely for example the scene where he catches up to Tauriel and has a soft conversation with her at first. In most scenes he's incredibly stern. One could almost call him a "child" in the Hobbit, and that he becomes a "man" in LOTR when he gets rid of his dislike of dwarves etc.

Yeah that's true. Maybe because the ones we really see a lot are the main characters and they don't really get hurt that much... I mean Frodo losing his finger at the very end is like some of the more bloody scenes, lol.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I really liked the gif of #7, hahahahah

"Broken" is a gaming word ^^ I meant broken as he's super overpowered. The guy is just unstoppable and almost seemed even stronger than in LOTR at times, lol.

Yeah I think it's amazing how this Legolas is in one way a completely different Legolas. It's cool how they manage to make us feel like he's the same, yet he's so different. The "LOTR Legolas" kind of came through in a few scenes, namely for example the scene where he catches up to Tauriel and has a soft conversation with her at first. In most scenes he's incredibly stern. One could almost call him a "child" in the Hobbit, and that he becomes a "man" in LOTR when he gets rid of his dislike of dwarves etc.

Yeah that's true. Maybe because the ones we really see a lot are the main characters and they don't really get hurt that much... I mean Frodo losing his finger at the very end is like some of the more bloody scenes, lol.
    Hahaha, yeah, that's the most popular gif. I also like the part when he boldly looks into the camera when Haldir's talking. Orlando Bloom have a very strange relationship with camera when he's in the background. I wonder if PJ was aware of this before he released the movies... and also if Orlando Bloom continues this habit...

Ah, I see. Yeah, for an archer, Lego is very powerful. Even Aragorn can be seen having a hard time in battle, but Legolas often just walks by casually while shooting arrows and counting.

Yeah, we can see how LOTR Legolas has grown into a much better character by comparing it to the Hobbit Legolas.

Hmm, but I still think that it's a bit off for this kind of movie to have so little blood. Not that I wish for lots of blood, but still... weird.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cold never bothered me anyway.

Legolas is awesome, elves are awesome, archers are awesome.

New Reply
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast