Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Ah, you have a rather positive review then. I was actually more disappointed; I think it's because I had a high expectation of this movie and it turned out that it didn't reach my expectation. I was particularly disappointed about Elsa's characters. I though she could have been better. Anna doesn't even leave an impression. Olaf is seriously the only character I really love.

Yep, I know about it's relation with Tangled, and to be honest, I like Tangled more than Frozen.

LOL. I am so in agreement with Elsa's song there. At first, I don't really like Let It Go, and then after a while, I started to like it, but then everywhere, people keep singing that song and I became a bit sick of hearing it but the song was already stuck in my head.
    Yeah I had no expectations of the movie; in fact, I didn't even know Disney was releasing a movie. I think the concept of 2 princesses who are fairly independent in the same movie. Honestly, I agree with what you say; Olaf was my favourite character and the most interesting too. Though as the trailer points out, his existent is strange as Elsa was never said to be able to give life to ice creatures, but well, it's a Disney movie. I was really enjoying Elsa and was expecting her evil to be on a grand scale but meh.

But yeah, loved the music; especially when I found out Kristen Bell played Anna .

Tangled is definitely the better of the 2. The horse; Maximillion? how awesome.

Ah Let it Go; I had heard of it before I was aware of the film and thought it was lovely song, but it played too often and was everywhere after a while. But when watching the film, I liked it again and the scene with it just makes it better.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your next stage in life?

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Serial Sadism

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yeah I had no expectations of the movie; in fact, I didn't even know Disney was releasing a movie. I think the concept of 2 princesses who are fairly independent in the same movie. Honestly, I agree with what you say; Olaf was my favourite character and the most interesting too. Though as the trailer points out, his existent is strange as Elsa was never said to be able to give life to ice creatures, but well, it's a Disney movie. I was really enjoying Elsa and was expecting her evil to be on a grand scale but meh.
    I really want a sidekick like Olaf.
    I didn't expect Elsa to be evil, just more of a snow queen than a scared queen. When she sings Let It Go, I really thought that she finally becomes the snow queen, but her reactions to Anna and friends breaking into her castle just makes me disappointed.

Tangled is definitely the better of the 2. The horse; Maximillion? how awesome.
    Max is awesome without even speaking a line.

Ah Let it Go; I had heard of it before I was aware of the film and thought it was lovely song, but it played too often and was everywhere after a while. But when watching the film, I liked it again and the scene with it just makes it better.
    I love the scene! What's with all the ice and snowflakes... The animation is really great in that scene.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    What is your next stage in life?
    the life of a working adult.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Serial Sadism
    I wish.

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    the life of a working adult.
    Stop, no! IT'S A TRAP!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop, no! IT'S A TRAP!
    Do you really think I can stop even if I want to?

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could've been the first!

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, there was a Frozen discussion here just a short while before I watched the movie. How unfortunate. I was left without anyone to discuss the movie with.

Anyway I'll agree about the setting having more potential than was used. I didn't really expect Elsa to go evil or anything like that, but I wanted her to have a more active role in the movie. I felt like the was more of a side-character due to lack of screentime, even though she was the main root of everything going on in the movie.

Anyway I really liked the story regardless of failed met potential. I think a lot of the aspects of the movie, mostly the artwork and to some extent certain parts of the different music scores really appealed to me due to regional reasons, by that I mean them having a certain feel of "North/Norway". The details in their dresses and outfits for example was incredible honestly. I'm not sure people realize how much work it takes to animate such details. Their outfits also looked like legit Norwegian national dresses (called bunad for whoever doesn't know). Well done to make up such a set of outfits that are fictional but look like drawings of real ones.

The music score overall was pretty awesome to be honestly. I still listen to some of the songs here and there xD Let it Go was just amazing. I haven't listened to it THAT MUCH (not been on the radio etc here I think), so I'm not sick of it yet.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could've been the first!
    Nah. I still like to earn money.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Oh, there was a Frozen discussion here just a short while before I watched the movie. How unfortunate. I was left without anyone to discuss the movie with.
    I suppose not many people watch Frozen or excited about it?

Anyway I'll agree about the setting having more potential than was used. I didn't really expect Elsa to go evil or anything like that, but I wanted her to have a more active role in the movie. I felt like the was more of a side-character due to lack of screentime, even though she was the main root of everything going on in the movie.
    The story does seem a little bit abrupt, doesn't it? Elsa is indeed the main root of everything, but the heroine is Anna in this story, so that makes things a bit awkward for Elsa. She's not a villain, but she's not exactly a heroine too. That way, she doesn't really leave much impact on the story.

Anyway I really liked the story regardless of failed met potential. I think a lot of the aspects of the movie, mostly the artwork and to some extent certain parts of the different music scores really appealed to me due to regional reasons, by that I mean them having a certain feel of "North/Norway". The details in their dresses and outfits for example was incredible honestly. I'm not sure people realize how much work it takes to animate such details. Their outfits also looked like legit Norwegian national dresses (called bunad for whoever doesn't know). Well done to make up such a set of outfits that are fictional but look like drawings of real ones.
    Well, the animation certainly made up for the lacking plot. I do not know about their outfits looking like Norwegian national dresses. I'll check it out later..

The music score overall was pretty awesome to be honestly. I still listen to some of the songs here and there xD Let it Go was just amazing. I haven't listened to it THAT MUCH (not been on the radio etc here I think), so I'm not sick of it yet.
    I'm amazed at the amount of cover songs made for Let it Go. O_o
    Well, Shakespeare did say, "You can't have too much of a good thing." Just don't listen to it too much.

New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26