Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving on to the next stage of life.

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am patient. I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, that's the most popular gif. I also like the part when he boldly looks into the camera when Haldir's talking. Orlando Bloom have a very strange relationship with camera when he's in the background. I wonder if PJ was aware of this before he released the movies... and also if Orlando Bloom continues this habit...

Ah, I see. Yeah, for an archer, Lego is very powerful. Even Aragorn can be seen having a hard time in battle, but Legolas often just walks by casually while shooting arrows and counting.

Yeah, we can see how LOTR Legolas has grown into a much better character by comparing it to the Hobbit Legolas.

Hmm, but I still think that it's a bit off for this kind of movie to have so little blood. Not that I wish for lots of blood, but still... weird.
    That's one I have actually noticed myself. Every time I watch the movie I laugh at that scene, so epic stare

Lol I don't know about his habits. Maybe people have found similar things from other movies e.g. Pirates etc. Orlando was kinda new blood during LOTR. I've watched the movies so many times and I only noticed the bolded part.

Yeah. Plus everything super-elves do looks so smooth and fluid, thus effortless. Aragorn is more of a brute in combat, waving his two handed greatsword around in long hard slashes. But Elves are just on another level entirely in the Tolkien universe. They are wastly overpowered compared to the other races. Dwarves look like crap in comparison lol.

Fun fact: It's so dumb Legolas is "beaten" by Gimli in the Helm's Deep "who can kill more orcs" contest. There's just no way Legolas killed so few xD Not to mention he shot down the huge ladder thing that probably in itself killed a hundred orcs lol.

Since the Hobit is originally a children's story, it makes sense the atmosphere is more "cartoonish" for lack of better term. Like for example the chase scene in the goblin cave in the first movie, where they ended up surfing down the cave on a huge wooden "platform" to escape, and the barrel escape in the second. It's supposed to be more light heared, but the book also has darker elements like starvation and desperation in Murkwood (which was to my disappointment pretty much entirely discarded in the movie!). I'd say the movies are more "LOTR'ish" than the actual Hobbit book is. I find it even weirder in LOTR how little blood there is. For the most part there's orc's bleeding and being hacked into pieces. You rarely see humans bleed too much.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cold never bothered me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Legolas is awesome, elves are awesome, archers are awesome.

As expected. Ahahaha. I still can't decide who I like more, Thranduil or Legolas. Action-wise, Legolas is still better with his archery show-offs and we never see Thranduil in action anyway, but sass-wise, Thranduil is still the sassiest elf.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    That's one I have actually noticed myself. Every time I watch the movie I laugh at that scene, so epic stare

Lol I don't know about his habits. Maybe people have found similar things from other movies e.g. Pirates etc. Orlando was kinda new blood during LOTR. I've watched the movies so many times and I only noticed the bolded part.

Yeah. Plus everything super-elves do looks so smooth and fluid, thus effortless. Aragorn is more of a brute in combat, waving his two handed greatsword around in long hard slashes. But Elves are just on another level entirely in the Tolkien universe. They are wastly overpowered compared to the other races. Dwarves look like crap in comparison lol.

Fun fact: It's so dumb Legolas is "beaten" by Gimli in the Helm's Deep "who can kill more orcs" contest. There's just no way Legolas killed so few xD Not to mention he shot down the huge ladder thing that probably in itself killed a hundred orcs lol.

Since the Hobit is originally a children's story, it makes sense the atmosphere is more "cartoonish" for lack of better term. Like for example the chase scene in the goblin cave in the first movie, where they ended up surfing down the cave on a huge wooden "platform" to escape, and the barrel escape in the second. It's supposed to be more light heared, but the book also has darker elements like starvation and desperation in Murkwood (which was to my disappointment pretty much entirely discarded in the movie!). I'd say the movies are more "LOTR'ish" than the actual Hobbit book is. I find it even weirder in LOTR how little blood there is. For the most part there's orc's bleeding and being hacked into pieces. You rarely see humans bleed too much.
    Yeah, it's so obvious it is epically hilarious. It is a rare gem among all the seriousness of the movie.

It is even more epic to remember that Orlando was still a new blood in LOTR, yet he did those and got away with it. He had a lot of cheek for a newcomer. I don't know if he did for other movies too, but as far as I know, he didn't. Only for LOTR, and I have to wait until the extended edition of DoS to come out to know if he did that too for the Hobbit though somehow I think it is unlikely since Legolas is much more serious in the Hobbit.

Yeah, elves are so "above" all. No wonder they have these arrogant air surrounding them. Dwarves maybe are even more of brutes than humans, but sometimes their fights look kinda funny (as Thorin and co have shown to us).

Ah, well, I'm wondering about that too, but who knows if Legolas is "beaten" because he show-offs too much. The way he fights is indeed elegant but kinda too complicated, what with the swinging here and there. Gimli probably catches up because he is more straightforward in hacking and killing. Who knows.

Well, I pretty much avoid reading the books because I know I will start to compare (and that I don't like stories with so much description), and I prefer to keep the movies in a good light. Since I don't read the book, I'm pretty okay with the Hobbit being more "LOTR'ish". I love more actions, tbh.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post

Yeah, it's so obvious it is epically hilarious. It is a rare gem among all the seriousness of the movie.

It is even more epic to remember that Orlando was still a new blood in LOTR, yet he did those and got away with it. He had a lot of cheek for a newcomer. I don't know if he did for other movies too, but as far as I know, he didn't. Only for LOTR, and I have to wait until the extended edition of DoS to come out to know if he did that too for the Hobbit though somehow I think it is unlikely since Legolas is much more serious in the Hobbit.

Yeah, elves are so "above" all. No wonder they have these arrogant air surrounding them. Dwarves maybe are even more of brutes than humans, but sometimes their fights look kinda funny (as Thorin and co have shown to us).

Ah, well, I'm wondering about that too, but who knows if Legolas is "beaten" because he show-offs too much. The way he fights is indeed elegant but kinda too complicated, what with the swinging here and there. Gimli probably catches up because he is more straightforward in hacking and killing. Who knows.

Well, I pretty much avoid reading the books because I know I will start to compare (and that I don't like stories with so much description), and I prefer to keep the movies in a good light. Since I don't read the book, I'm pretty okay with the Hobbit being more "LOTR'ish". I love more actions, tbh.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a LOTR marathon a few weeks back, and Legolas was the funniest according to our group.

He always looks fucking serious to someplace and then.. he states the obvious.

Fucking hilarious!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    I did a LOTR marathon a few weeks back, and Legolas was the funniest according to our group.

He always looks fucking serious to someplace and then.. he states the obvious.

Fucking hilarious!
    Indeed! Because you won't expect anything funny in LOTR since it's a very serious movie, and then Legolas comes along and does those.. things. It won't be much of a surprise if Merry or Pippin are like that, but no... it's Legolas, the elegant and badass elven prince, which makes it even funnier.
    Even some things he said seriously can be made fun of, like "the hobbits are taken to isengard" part.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you're not missing me too much

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Hope you're not missing me too much
    Heh. I even hardly know you still exist.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    That's awesome. I think I'll show this to a friend of mine who plays guitar.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww...how harsh.

I'll still visit from time to time,work has me super busy with no life

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww...how harsh.

it's her way to say she missed you a lot. you know those tsundere (yep i know what that mean now )
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww...how harsh.

I am harsh.

Why would I care if you visit or not?

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    it's her way to say she missed you a lot. you know those tsundere (yep i know what that mean now )
    For the nth times, I am not a tsundere.
    Now that you know what tsundere means, what about yandere? or kuudere? dandere?

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Cuz you like me

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Cuz you like me

I do not. Is there even anything to like about you?

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I do not. Is there even anything to like about you?
    My unconditional love for you?

My uchiha ass

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

My unconditional love for you?

My uchiha ass

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally saw Frozen!

I really love Elsa!

But the movie as a whole was rather disappointing, I expected something more fun, like Tangled, but.. besides the improved animation and art, which both were absolutely stunning, it was just.. not what I expected.

But Elsa!

New Reply
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast