Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: White Album 2

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

White Album 2

White Album 2

Alternative Title: White Album 2
    Episodes: 13
    Aired: Oct 6, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Satelight, Starchild Records
    Genres: Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

Synopsis
    Fall, when graduation is only half a year away.

Haruki Kitahara, the final member of the light music club that dissolved, plays his guitar by the window after school in preparation for the school festival. It was the one and only adventure of a good student who spent two diligent years on his studies.

But when a flowing piano melody and a voice as a clear as bell harmonize with his guitar… He goes from being alone, to being two, then three in the light music club, as the semester he dreamed of, no, hoped for, began.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Album 2

Finally, a White Album 2 thread \o/

Best pure romance of the season, hands down. Just picked it up for the sake of the first series' awesome soundtrack and I was glad they used the same song as the recurring theme.
    Compared to White Album, White Album 2 seems to have more energy so far in the characters and I ended up finding them more lovable. And White Album was giving the vibes of a fully-fledged harem, instead of the two-girl battle we have in White Album 2, which is way easier to develop the characters more.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know a thread wasn't made. XD

This is one of my favorite romances this season, and I'm currently enjoying it a lot. I was a bit leery going in considering the first WA was terrible and boring for me, but this was has been able to maintain my interest.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched the first show yet but I'm quite happy with this one. A main character who is not a douchebag and two very lovely and also different girls.

For now we only saw that Setsuna might've started to fall in love with Hiroki. At least she was quite jealous of Kazusa.

Anyway lookin forward to their performance in the near future... But I am worried about Kazusa. She has reached her limit...

---------- Post added November 10, 2013 at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2013 at 01:18 AM ----------

Episode 6:

Damn you Kazusa... The Tsundere is responsible for a moe overload yet again. As if her cute reactions weren't enough, she also wore just a shirt in the beginning...

Apart from that... Setsuna also entered 100% dere mode. It is really obvious that both girls are somewhat in love although Setsuna seems to be more serious about it. I mean she is really jealous.

Haruki will master all 3 songs, including the opening theme of the show, so I'm really looking forward to the fair.
    I guess afterwards the real romance trouble will start.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It's rather interesting that the main character has somewhat of a strong personality shaped up, while the two heroines are both unstable emotionally. Kazusa is in trouble even more. I'm guessing that would be the reason for Haruki to feel close to her, as she is weak in the heart despite her tough appearance, needing someone's support more than Setsuna. It's natural, anyway, since Setsuna's problems don't have a base at all, leaving aside her looks.

It's rather difficult to judge anything at this stage, however, since Haruki is completely focused on his guitar play, being to see anything related to emotions.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] White Album 2

Episode 7:

Did Kazusa and Setsuna just become love rivals on stage? Or was that talking from the flashback?
    Anyway that performance was amazing. The show gave me goosebumps. I thought I already saw my favourite keiongaku-bu performance but damn. Those outfits.

All in all my favourite episode so far. That final scene was awesome as well. But now I feel sorry for Kazusa...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a flashback, probably, going back to sometime ago, maybe to the time when they apparently "settled" things between.
    Or maybe all happened as a virtual dialogue, not happening in actuality, but their thoughts coming into life with just their looks.

One of the best episodes of the whole season, if not the best. At any case, it's up there.
    And Haruki was definitely sleeping in the piano room, not getting the obvious hint in Touma's questioning about being a girl or a person.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaw... Setsuna and Kazusa at the beginning... That was so cute.

The look on Harukis face after Kazusa said that she might get a boyfriend in the future... I guess that really hurt Setsuna... At least the look on her face was rather sad...
    Anyway they had a nice vacation... I never expected Setsuna to go into a bath with a guy that fast...

I wonder what the future will bring... Haruki has feelings for Kazusa but does he know that...?

---------- Post added November 30, 2013 at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was November 23, 2013 at 09:33 PM ----------

Episode 9:

My prediction: Haruki x Kazusa will happen. It's just a matter of time... Haruki likes Kazusa way too much and not like a friend. He know it too.
    The only thing I'm really sad about is, that Setsuna will suffer... Maybe not now, but later. I hope Haruki won't ruin her birthday!
    Another thing that is bordering me... Is Setsuna still playing the cupid for Haruki and Kazusa? That's what it sounded like when she said, "If you don't come, it'll just be the two of us" to herself. Either that or she's giving Kazusa one last chance to confess to Haruki so that, I don't know, maybe he'll make a real choice this time.

---------- Post added December 12, 2013 at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was November 30, 2013 at 09:47 PM ----------

Episode 10:

Haruki doesn't deserve any of this girls. Trying to convince himself that Setsuna is the only one for him while she was just number 2 all along...
    He made himself the victim although he friendzoned Touma the whole f-ing time! He is hurting two wonderful girls because Haruki himself is a damn wuss!

Damn this is pissing me off. <.<

The flashback was "nice". Touma had a tough life... Nobody cared for her real feelings...

---------- Post added December 14, 2013 at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was December 12, 2013 at 02:03 AM ----------

Episode 11:

YES! Kazusa! Yu're the girl of the season! He deserved that bitchslap! Damn you Haruki... Damn you!
    Kissing a confused and weak Touma like that... Using evertyhing he "learned". That damn...

You deserve better Kazusa! You too Setsuna!

---------- Post added December 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2013 at 09:20 PM ----------

Episode 12:

That ending was amazing. The music and the atmosphere were outstanding. And finally I got to see a great kissing scene.

Apart from that... I hate Haruki. I really do. Yes it is as Setsuna said. He always thought about others and never about himself... But it is NOT okay, to break up like that. He broke Setsunas heart without a second thought.
    Basically it is Setsunas fault too though... She knew it was going to end like this... I do feel sorry for her. But basically Haruki and Setsuna were slaves to their own emotions.

I just hope Kazusa has a happy ending. She really deserves it.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 30, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

As faulty as Setsuna might be, it still comes down to Haruki's shaky feelings. Without firm resolution, he was bound to lose his mind at some point, and he did.
    Now, let's hope he can face Setsuna properly after this. It'll be bittersweet, but he should fix this up if he wants to move on with Kazusa.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Episode:

*Throws his PC out of the window.* Haruki cheated on his girlfriend and Setsuna is like "Well it's all my fault. I never liked you that much anyway." Yeah right. Everybody believed that. It makes even more sense that she sees Kazusa off at the airport together with Haruki where Setsuna has to bear the pain of watching those two kiss... She makes it even worse by clinging to Haruki after Kazusa left...

Result: Setsuna is in love with Haruki, who "cheated" on her with her best friend Kazusa, who leaves one day later. Everybody is unhappy. Wow...
    This story is so fucked up. I wonder if they'll animate the second VN too.

Final Score: 8,5/10 The characters are gorgeous, the art was amazing and the OST was way too beautiful. I would play the VN if it was translated.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 28, 2013 at 06:01 PM.

New Reply