Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What will happen with Seira's captivity?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. She'll be rescued promptly.

4 66.67%
  • She'll lose her Soul Weapon

1 16.67%
  • She'll get brainwashed and turned against her comrades.

0 0%
  • She's gonna die! (If you pick this...I hate you)

0 0%
  • Other (Please post)

1 16.67%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 302 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 302 Review

Alrighty, got fairly good participation in my little art game last week. So thanks to all who took part. We got all kinds of different numbers and things people noticed. So if your wondering what is correct. The truth is, you all were. Each of us has a different standard for what bothers us and what doesn't. Which was the point of the little exercise.

Spoiler: If your curious where I place that standard show

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Look on the bright side Rael, you may have lost, but at least you made it to second base.

This week begins with Rael looking on as Ignes finally has Seira at her mercy. He redoubles his effort in trying to beat his Robo-Ninja opponent eventually managing to bring it down and turn his attention to Ignes and her captive. But Ignes proves to skilled/underhanded for him and tosses Seira into his arms in order to freeze his movement and beats him down. Afterward, she gives him one last chance to join her side but Rael declares he'd rather die than join a traitor and she send her final attack his way.

With the battle over, Ignes collects Seira and her two remaining Robo-Ninjas and heads out; while in the distance Regis watches with Rael whom he managed to save at the last second (How this was possible I do not know.). Regis tells the extremely beat up Rael to stay and wait for others while he shadows them back to their lair but Rael refuses and they head out together in pursuit.

A short time later Raizel, Frankenstein, and Rajak arrive at the scene and find they are too late. Fortunately, Rajak recognizes some form of Kertia Clan sign from Rael that informs him that Seira and Rael were defeated, that Iges got away with Seira as a captive, and that they are following and will leave a trail. Raizel immediately decides the he will follow the trail over Franky's objection.

Then, without warning, this chapter get's awesome sauce poured all over it. Karias appears, takes a pose, and declares that arrived too late. Rajak greets him with a surprised/horrifed..."They sent you?" and Karias explains that Raskeira practically begged him to come protect this place (). Franky jumps his words though and asks him to watch they house while they're gone. Karias try's to refuse but Raizel gives him one of those looks and mournfully accepts.

Chapter Review

It's never too late...to be awesome.

Substance

The longest chapter in a while held a few surprises; and I'm pretty sure I liked all of them.

The end of Ignes' fight versus Rael and Seira thankfully strayed from the typical script of little guys struggle until the big guys show up and blow the bad guy's doors off. Rael and Seira legitimately lost, and that's a little different than usual. I like different. My only complaint is that I really think it would have been better if Rael had died. Having Regis magically wisp him away was a total Bleach-style cop out.

The appearance of Karias is all kinds of great. As those who follow my reviews may have noticed the two characters I've most wanted to see in Korea are Karias and Rashkeria; so we're halfway there. I even like that he's been delegated to house sitter, because I want to see him and Shin Woo in the same room as soon as possible.

Going forward, I'm hopeful this thing won't be as straight forward as "Raizel and company chases Ignes down turns her to dust ~ The End". The main thing I'm looking for from this arc and the series in general right now are unexpected turns and permanent consequences; even if they are relatively insignificant.

Presentation

Artwork was back to being "Above the line". While I can't say I thought anything looked great. Nothing looked bad either. The artwork for the panels was solid, functional, and average the whole way through. Which makes it look great in comparison to last week.

Pacing was about the same, in that it was fairly slow, but this week featured more noticeable progress and was slightly longer. Karias' appearance also will served nicely as a welcome distraction for those who are just not interested in Ignes, Rael, or this arc.

Overall Rating

A good chapter but not a great one. Ignes's victory was a nice change of pace; even if it's destined to be short lived, adding Karias to the main cast is an exciting move, and the artwork was much improved from last week; even if it's still well short of the series best.

I give it a 3 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Yuri is going to show his ugly face next week. I can just feel it.

Old Predictions: (27 Wins/ 36 Losses)

"Rajak will be next on the scene." ~ Loss
    Frankenstien, Raizel, and Rajak all pretty much got there at the same time.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; November 05, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 302 Review

In regards to the poll, my prediction is that Ignes is gong to make some short and fast experiment with her, and the rescuers won't make it on time, which will increase the level of drama and the motives to fight the Union.

How could you like to see Karias taking care of the children at home? There is no sense of diplomacy in those elegant characters.... Karias is the envoy of Raskeria, Frankie asking him to take care of them is totally out of character... I bet he wouldn't have dared to do aks for it if Raskeria were there. No no, I bet the authors wouldn't have dared to make Frankie to ask such a think if they would have thought a bit more... But it seems they are ok if the nobles end wearing an apron. It only left Gejutel and Raskeria... horrible!
    Last edited by ukimix; November 05, 2013 at 03:32 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm rather suprised that Jammin didn't bash the art as I thought he would for this chapter. I mean Regis was wearing the wrong uniform. The last time we saw him he was wearing the Lukedonia uniform and now he comes back wearing the school uniform. When did he get the time to change his clothes when he was using his powers to restrict the damage to the human world. Then Karias outfit changed colours frequently in this chapter. Once it is brown then it is black then it is brown again. It could be due to light-effects but in one page he and Rajak were together and Rajaks outfit was black whereas Karias was more brown.

I doubt that anything is going to happen to Seira. There is a reason why Rai is going personally. He is not happy at the time. Another reason why he didn't take Karias with him cause Rai wants a small number of people who can fight before him.

Actually I doubt that Ignes will even make it out of Korea. I mean how fast can she get to the airport and start a jet. It's not like she has Rai speed. Actually if Igns leads Rai to the Union headquarters then her actions would be the sole reason for the downfall of the Union and especially the death of her father.

Poor Karias after begging the Lord and Gejutel to let him join the fights he gets to sit and guard the house. But I believe he will enjoy his stay at the house cause he seems to enjoy the living style of the humans.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    In regards to the poll, my prediction is that Ignes is gong to make some short and fast experiment with her, and the rescuers won't make it on time, which will increase the level of drama and the motives to fight the Union.

How could you like to see Karias taking care of the children at home? There is no sense of diplomacy in those elegant characters.... Karias is the envoy of Raskeria, Frankie asking him to take care of them is totally out of character... I bet he wouldn't have dared to do aks for it if Raskeria were there. No no, I bet the authors wouldn't have dared to make Frankie to ask such a think if they would have thought a bit more... But it seems they are ok if the nobles end wearing an apron. It only left Gejutel and Raskeria... horrible!
    Elegance is fine and dandy but it's also kinda boring after a while. Karias isn't the elegant, and some might say, uptight kind of noble. He's more the lighthearted sort. Like the Previous Lord.

I think what Franky was trying to do by asking Karias to house sit was to keep him out of trouble (and he is most definitely a troublemaker) and allow Franky himself to accompany Raizel without leaving Yeran Highschool relatively unguarded; a mistake he made not too long ago with fairly disastrous results. So I think what Franky did makes perfect sense

If Raskeria was there I'd have to think Franky would have tried to talk Raizel into staying and her into going in his place, since Seira is technically one of her clan leaders, but since she's not around he used the resources available. Karias said he came to protect this place. Franky just took him at his word.

-------------------------------

The fun part is going to be seeing what a bored Karias does in a house full of cool stuff he doesn't understand. Add in a surprise visit by the highschool kids and you've got comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I'm rather suprised that Jammin didn't bash the art as I thought he would for this chapter. I mean Regis was wearing the wrong uniform. The last time we saw him he was wearing the Lukedonia uniform and now he comes back wearing the school uniform. When did he get the time to change his clothes when he was using his powers to restrict the damage to the human world. Then Karias outfit changed colours frequently in this chapter. Once it is brown then it is black then it is brown again. It could be due to light-effects but in one page he and Rajak were together and Rajaks outfit was black whereas Karias was more brown.
    I'm not gong to dock them too much for something like a uniform. To be honest, I didn't even notice that and my rule of thumb tends to be "If I don't notice it, it can't be that bad."

Plus, I'll admit to grading on something of a curve. The art last week was pretty bad and that lowers the bar for this week. As long as the art shows improvement over the previous week I tend not to want to punish the chapter too much for it.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 05, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Elegance is fine and dandy but it's also kinda boring after a while. Karias isn't the elegant, and some might say, uptight kind of noble. He's more the lighthearted sort. Like the Previous Lord.

I think what Franky was trying to do by asking Karias to house sit was to keep him out of trouble (and he is most definitely a troublemaker) and allow Franky himself to accompany Raizel without leaving Yeran Highschool relatively unguarded; a mistake he made not too long ago with fairly disastrous results. So I think what Franky did makes perfect sense

If Raskeria was there I'd have to think Franky would have tried to talk Raizel into staying and her into going in his place, since Seira is technically one of her clan leaders, but since she's not around he used the resources available. Karias said he came to protect this place. Franky just took him at his word.

-------------------------------

The fun part is going to be seeing what a bored Karias does in a house full of cool stuff he doesn't understand. Add in a surprise visit by the highschool kids and you've got comedy gold.
    The great Karias needs someone to keep him out of troubles!? No way. He needs someone to keep him out of troubles being the orders given to him by the Lord to go right into those troubles!?!? No way at all... It that's true, Raskeria should be somehow innocent or short sighted to say the least... Certainly the plot is that Rai has the duty to protect the nobles, but this would also make of the nobles mere fodders, models well dressed only useful for the purpose to provoke the noblesse. That's not what I would like to see in this story. I would like to see some moments of shine for them previously to the moment they need to be rescued of helped.

I remember me being surprised by some features of the nobles, specially interesting when they appeared in the first chapters: the red eyes, their overwhelming power, their pride, their manners... But yes, if Karias is going to be the whole arc playing the babysitter then I have to understand that the authors want him only for comedy. Which is in opposition of that impression I have had of the nobles, and of what I would like to see.

It's like if the authors were telling me: "Ey they look niceand powerful, but, coming to the battles, don't take them seriously".. Bad plot to me, because I think the authors don't explode the resources they have at hand to make a better one
    Last edited by ukimix; November 05, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Karias and Trio would fight with the goons 9th Elder would send... 9th realized that Ignes has gone to Korea so he would definitely send some strong force (probably "them" & himself).

Noblesse Forever!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The great Karias needs someone to keep him out of troubles!? No way. He needs someone to keep him out of troubles being the orders given to him by the Lord to go right into those troubles!?!? No way at all... It that's true, Raskeria should be somehow innocent or short sighted to say the least... Certainly the plot is that Rai has the duty to protect the nobles, but this would also make of the nobles mere fodders, models well dressed only useful for the purpose to provoke the noblesse. That's not what I would like to see in this story. I would like to see some moments of shine for them previously to the moment they need to be rescued of helped.

I remember me being surprised by some features of the nobles, specially interesting when they appeared in the first chapters: the red eyes, their overwhelming power, their pride, their manners... But yes, if Karias is going to be the whole arc playing the babysitter then I have to understand that the authors want him only for comedy. Which is in opposition of that impression I have had of the nobles, and of what I would like to see.

It's like if the authors were telling me: "Ey they look niceand powerful, but, coming to the battles, don't take them seriously".. Bad plot to me, because I think the authors don't explode the resources they have at hand to make a better one
    To be honest, your english in this post is a little hard for me to understand but I don't think I have any of those same complaints.

I mean, like strixflash said Karias' best chance at a real fight is house sitting, especially if the Union sends people to try and find Ignes. That would be a much more interesting fight than Karias, Raizel, Frankenstien, Rajak, and Rael all smiting Ignes off the face of the planet. Sending him along with them is not going to give him any chance to shine what-so-ever (she's outgunned enough as it is). Separated from that group he has a much better chance to do something fun. Just because Karias is house sitting doesn't give my any reason to doubt his power.

I don't really get where your coming up with the idea that we've been given reason not to take any noble seriously in all this.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 06, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope there will be a point to all the housesitting stuff, like someone else from the Union or Crombell's goons attacking the house/school and running into Karias

On the other hand, I doubt the Seira plot will stray much from the predictable "Seira gets rescued, Ignes beaten and it's like nothing happened at all".
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    To be honest, your english in this post is a little hard for me to understand but I don't think I have any of those same complaints.

I mean, like strixflash said Karias best chance at a real fight is housesitting, especially if the Union sends people to try and find Ignes. That would be a much more interesting fight than Karias, Raizel, Frankenstien, Rajak, and Rael all smiting Ignes off the face of the planet. Sending him along with them is not going to give him any chance to shine what-so-ever (she's outgunned enough as it is). Separated from that group he has a much better chance to do something fun. Just because Karias is house sitting doesn't give my any reason to doubt his power.

I don't really get where your coming up with the idea that we've been given reason not to take any noble seriously in all this.
    Oh, it's rather a simple complain. You suspect that, when Frankie asks Karias to do house-sitting, Frankie is protecting Karias or to keep him out of troubles. then I'm saying that if:

Leader A sends his envoy X in a mission
    Leader B cancels X's mission and assign a job in which X won't have any trouble,
    Leader B should think that Leader A is not capable and doesn't know much about the mission firstly assigned. (Or that Leader B is short-sighted or silly).

My complain: I wouldn't like to see Raskeria being treated in that way, because I hope to see that nobles and the Lord are much more than that.

And, if it'd happen that Raizel doesn't do more than house-sitting, then I would have to think that Raskeria looks powerful and nice but it's not a warrior to be taken seriously. I hope it would be clear now.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Well besides Seira every clan leader of the Nobles can keep up with the old clan leaders. Seeing that Rajak fared really well against Zarga with an incomplete SW says a lot about the power of the current clan leaders.
    I mean Zarga didn't manage to land a clean hit on Rajak besides Rajak let him to be able to aid Seira and Frankenstein.

Frankenstein needs someone to protect the place his masters wants to return to.The last time he left the house unprotected Rai had to use his powers to heal Tao and Takao cause Marc destroyed the laboratory. Do you think that Frankenstein would do this mistake twice?

So Karias protecting the house and the trio is a good strategy of Frankenstein. Especially if he is dealing with Roctis daughter cause if Roctis daughter is here then her father will also soon appear to fetch up his daughter.

What is strange is that the traitors get angry when someone calls them traitors.
    I mean should Rael lie and say Ignes you are not a traitor.
    The same goes for Zarga he also was pissed when Rajak called him a traitor.

Why don't the traitors accept being traitors.
    Last edited by Mohsen; November 06, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it's rather a simple complain. You suspect that, when Frankie asks Karias to do house-sitting, Frankie is protecting Karias or to keep him out of troubles. then I'm saying that if:

Leader A sends his envoy X in a mission
    Leader B cancels X's mission and assign a job in which X won't have any trouble,
    Leader B should think that Leader A is not capable and doesn't know much about the mission firstly assigned. (Or that Leader B is short-sighted or silly).

My complain: I wouldn't like to see Raskeria being treated in that way, because I hope to see that nobles and the Lord are much more than that.

And, if it'd happen that Raizel doesn't do more than house-sitting, then I would have to think that Raskeria looks powerful and nice but it's not a warrior to be taken seriously. I hope it would be clear now.
    No, I don't think he's protecting Karias at all. He's just having Karias stand guard so he himself can leave. One of the big guns has to stay. It can't be Rajak and it won't be Raizel. That leaves Franky or Karias.

Karias' mission was to help protect the area. He told Franky that...

All Franky did was tell him to perform to duty to which Raskeria assigned him, protect the area, while they head out in pursuit of Ignes. It was all quite clever and didn't overstep his bounds in the least.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 06, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting to see how Rai will handle it. One one side the old lord asked him to look after the Noble's children but on the other side he is pretty pissed that the ones he took under his wings are being targeted and attacked.

Then there is Franken who might be the one who wants to see Ignes dead the most to lure out Roctis. What will Rai do? Seeing that the old lord and Rai would never accept a Noble with modifacted him- or herself, so didn't Ignes sealed her fate? I mean what can she do? She can't return to Lukedonia cause the lord will put her on trial for modifacating herself and even if Rai would take her in the Nobles can't stay by Rais side like forever.

I wonder why so many clan leaders are comming to Korea or better living in the same house as Rai. I mean didn't Franken made it clear that Rai doesn't like the clan-leaders always visiting him then why about living with him?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a shocking and somewhat satisfying idea: Ignes experiments on Seira who becomes a powerless human and Shinwoo becomes her guardian.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Had a shocking and somewhat satisfying idea: Ignes experiments on Seira who becomes a powerless human and Shinwoo becomes her guardian.
    Oh, man...I hadn't even considered that.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you would enjoy that.

New Reply