Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What did you like ?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke trying to execute Obito

42 38.89%
  • Minato's lecture

13 12.04%
  • The discussion between Kakashi and Obito

18 16.67%
  • Naruto going to finish the job

25 23.15%
  • The Alliance's army reaction

3 2.78%
  • I didn't like anything

28 25.93%
  • Other (explain)

3 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Naruto 655 Discussion/ 656 Predictions

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto 655 Discussion/ 656 Predictions

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Concerning the 655th chapter's footnote
    There is NO HIATUS. Each year has 52 issues, next week is issue #52, which means an absence of one week only.
    Last edited by Gats; November 25, 2013 at 05:12 AM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 655 Discussion/ 656 Predictions ** No chapter this week **

Quote Originally Posted by jackknife_i View Post
    What is infinite Tsukuyomi worked? And what we see now is their dream of winning and getting allong with each other?
    We've all been wondering that for the last year at least.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    you and your sense of "not crminal act" is different from mine. a place which is for the meeting of nations leaders and restricted for unauthorized outsiders; entering that place for information by sneaking in is a criminal act. you may or may not like it, but that's a criminal act for me at the least. the guards were within their right to go for the kill. i don't expect any of the guards who is seeing the very criminal the meeting is about and approach him peacefully. you, however might believe just that. so i will be happy to disagree with you.
    Aside from the fact that I never say that sneaking in wasn't a criminal act (I said several times that Sasuke was at fault for that), something being criminal does not mean instant death. The thing is, that when Ee killed the Zetsu (who had snuck in too), he got reprimanded for doing so, and when Suigetsu and Juugo were caught (for sneaking in and killing/attempting to kill), they were arrested, not killed. So the claim that they just automatically go for the kill just doesn't work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Aside from the fact that I never say that sneaking in wasn't a criminal act (I said several times that Sasuke was at fault for that), something being criminal does not mean instant death. The thing is, that when Ee killed the Zetsu (who had snuck in too), he got reprimanded for doing so, and when Suigetsu and Juugo were caught (for sneaking in and killing/attempting to kill), they were arrested, not killed. So the claim that they just automatically go for the kill just doesn't work.
    Not trying to start with this conversation again, but I just feel like I have to weigh in somewhat. Sasuke didn't just break in with the intent to spy/incite conflict/whatever else it is that Zetsu does, but Sasuke openly attacked every single Kage. Maybe death is harsh, but he was also in Akatsuki at the time. I doubt any village would be very lenient toward any member of that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Not trying to start with this conversation again, but I just feel like I have to weigh in somewhat. Sasuke didn't just break in with the intent to spy/incite conflict/whatever else it is that Zetsu does, but Sasuke openly attacked every single Kage. Maybe death is harsh, but he was also in Akatsuki at the time. I doubt any village would be very lenient toward any member of that.
    But he did break in to spy. That was the plan as far as we were told and there was nothing to suggest that it had changed. And I think the only Kage he could have been said to have attacked openly was Gaara. Ee came after him, he tried to avoid them but Mei and Onoki came after him, and Danzo ran. Gaara is the only one who didn't make the first move that he attacked.

As for being apart of Akatsuki, I don't know how much that can factor in, given that Kumo is apparently the only one who didn't have any dealings with them. But even if that is a major factor, I would think the villages would easily be willing to show some leniency to someone who help save them from impending death.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vite Zeus's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

But he did break in to spy. That was the plan as far as we were told and there was nothing to suggest that it had changed. And I think the only Kage he could have been said to have attacked openly was Gaara. Ee came after him, he tried to avoid them but Mei and Onoki came after him, and Danzo ran. Gaara is the only one who didn't make the first move that he attacked.

As for being apart of Akatsuki, I don't know how much that can factor in, given that Kumo is apparently the only one who didn't have any dealings with them. But even if that is a major factor, I would think the villages would easily be willing to show some leniency to someone who help save them from impending death.
    IIRC Sasuke intruded the meeting with the intent to kill Danzou and not to spy.. nonetheless spying is still a big crime a tad less than murder tho.. Imagine someone with the intent to kill Obama/"someone of such significance" arrives in one crucial meeting and how will he be dealt with?.. had Sasuke been killed in the process his intention justifies the act of killing him... but if you ask me is that the right thing to do provided you can arrest without resistance or if you are lucky enough to surrender the assassin then killing the assassin without a fair trial can't be justified.. if this conversation began with as to why Sasuke should have killed Tobi on the spot then my opinion is its nothing but on impulse or due to a false perception of righteousness from Sasuke's side making him do it.. his actions are based on impulse and ego which is in no way, no matter whatever angle you would like to see it, is undeniably biased and unjustified.. but if the discussion began as to why should Sasuke not receive punishments for his actions when Tobi is brought to justice then my opinion is, Tobi along with Madara are the conspirators (Tobi is the only one alive atm) of the war and Sasuke is only a pawn, Sasuke yes definitely needs to be punished but not as harsh as it could get with Tobi.. Sasuke's punishment can wait but Tobi's takes priority...
    Lightning could silence you forever!!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

He initiated a fight with Mei, Raikage and everybody else the moment he invaded that place.

Sasuke's goal was assassination. Assuming he would not get discovered at best he would have w8ted for the best time to strike. If that was DURING the meeting he would have taken it. That was not a mission to retrieve information, his mission was to assassinate Danzo.

Also the fact that they used Aka is irrelevant. All that is relevant is the current state of said organization and that said organization attacked all the villages. They were a known terrorist group at that point.

But I do agree on something. He should get a pardon based on multiple factors. Including the fact that Raikage, Bee and a lot others are not going to press charges (and I assure you they won't).

The only one you can argue that would kill him is Raikage.

The samurai only attacked him once Sasuke attacked one of their own (said man had status unknown to the rest, he could have been dead) and then said this:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/460/12

Can you blame them? Also that does not mean they would have killed him assuming they would have the opportunity to tie him up and drag him for interrogation. Of course they fought with the intent to kill but considering what they were facing... Can you blame them?

Hell Sasuke even had a chance to pull back... He did not take it... Why did he not retreated once he was found out? He just did not care who would die... His only goal was kill Danzo, anything else, including his own survival was secondary.

They complained about Zetsu because Zetsu was easy to take in, he was defeated (more or less).
    Last edited by xXan; November 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the scene in the next chapter will move away from Obito, I think that Kakashi and Minato will go to help Naruto and the others ninjas, I believe that their talk with Obito is finished.
    I believe that Obito will stay on the ground for some chapters, then He will decides to revive Madara, but not to help him, on the contrary He will do it because for how He is now Madara is invincible , He has in immortal body and has an unlimited chakra.
    At the opposite if He will be resurrected He will lose these things, even if on the contrary He will be able to became the jinchurichi of the Juubi.

In any case, the next chapter will focus on Naruto and Madara .
    Naruto will try to destroy the tree, but I think Madara will be able to stop the shot, demonstrating that He has taken enough cells from Hashirama for be able to enter in Hermit Mode.
    In the truth Naruto even be able to destroy the tree, or the tree itself, since He has no longer having the chakra of the biju could wither.
    In any case, however, I think that Madara could ricreate the tree once again, If He will be able to capture a little bit of the chakra of all the biju.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus View Post
    IIRC Sasuke intruded the meeting with the intent to kill Danzou and not to spy.. nonetheless spying is still a big crime a tad less than murder tho.. Imagine someone with the intent to kill Obama/"someone of such significance" arrives in one crucial meeting and how will he be dealt with?.. had Sasuke been killed in the process his intention justifies the act of killing him... but if you ask me is that the right thing to do provided you can arrest without resistance or if you are lucky enough to surrender the assassin then killing the assassin without a fair trial can't be justified.. if this conversation began with as to why Sasuke should have killed Tobi on the spot then my opinion is its nothing but on impulse or due to a false perception of righteousness from Sasuke's side making him do it.. his actions are based on impulse and ego which is in no way, no matter whatever angle you would like to see it, is undeniably biased and unjustified.. but if the discussion began as to why should Sasuke not receive punishments for his actions when Tobi is brought to justice then my opinion is, Tobi along with Madara are the conspirators (Tobi is the only one alive atm) of the war and Sasuke is only a pawn, Sasuke yes definitely needs to be punished but not as harsh as it could get with Tobi.. Sasuke's punishment can wait but Tobi's takes priority...
    Sasuke intruded on the meeting to figure out who Danzo was. The plan to kill was gonna take place later, after the summit was over. And not sure spying is any sort of crime in the Narutoverse. Like killing, it's a regular type of mission. At the very least, it seems like real world rules, no issues unless you're caught.

The reason Sasuke wanted to kill Obito is pretty clear, he made his intentions to kill everyone connected to the massacre a long time ago. It's not even a new thing. He already attempted to kill Obito twice before. This discussion was over the idea that their actions were comparable, and there's a clear difference between killing a handful of people who attacked first and killing thousands for one's own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    He initiated a fight with Mei, Raikage and everybody else the moment he invaded that place.
    Invading the place to spy is not initiating a fight, especially when they had no idea of his intentions.

Sasuke's goal was assassination. Assuming he would not get discovered at best he would have w8ted for the best time to strike. If that was DURING the meeting he would have taken it. That was not a mission to retrieve information, his mission was to assassinate Danzo.
    No, it would never have been during the meeting, because the reasons not to were made quite clear. We were told the plan and the reasons for it, because doing it after would have meant no one would realize Danzo was missing until too late. Otherwise, he would have just taken care of Danzo before the summit...

Also the fact that they used Aka is irrelevant. All that is relevant is the current state of said organization and that said organization attacked all the villages. They were a known terrorist group at that point.
    It is hardly irrelevant when we're talking about whether one should be punish for using said organization.

The only one you can argue that would kill him is Raikage.
    Gaara and Danzo were the only one's at the summit who didn't attempt to kill him.

The samurai only attacked him once Sasuke attacked one of their own (said man had status unknown to the rest, he could have been dead) and then said this:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/460/12
    How could he be dead? Sasuke had no weapon in hand and has never shown the ability to "kill" by touching. And Sasuke said what he did because the samurai outright made it clear that they intended to kill him. Between that and the fact that they attacked with drawn weapons first, they were clearly the instigators in that situation.

Can you blame them? Also that does not mean they would have killed him assuming they would have the opportunity to tie him up and drag him for interrogation. Of course they fought with the intent to kill but considering what they were facing... Can you blame them?
    Yes. When you attack with weapons first and yell out things like destroy, there is no reason anyone in their right mind wouldn't try to defend themselves from being killed.

Hell Sasuke even had a chance to pull back... He did not take it... Why did he not retreated once he was found out? He just did not care who would die... His only goal was kill Danzo, anything else, including his own survival was secondary.
    How could he retreat? He was in the middle of their complex. Any action would have required him fighting his way out, along with the revealing him to Danzo, thereby making any future attempts at him harder. And if Sasuke didn't care who died, then why would he warn the samurai beforehand? Why would he try to avoid the other Kages? Why plan to attack after the summit, instead of before? Why didn't he just jump Danzo the first time he saw him, when there were only a few people around? He clearly did care how it was done and who died, especially since Danzo was merely one of several targets he needed to take care of.

They complained about Zetsu because Zetsu was easy to take in, he was defeated (more or less).
    Not sure how that changes my point about invaders not being automatically killed.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

Quote Quote:
    Invading the place to spy is not initiating a fight, especially when they had no idea of his intentions.
    First he invaded to assassinate Danzo, not spy.
    Second, if a guy invades my home and I attack him first, the one who initiated that fight is HIM. Its irrelevant why Sasuke was there, he initiated said fight by being there.

Quote Quote:
    No, it would never have been during the meeting, because the reasons not to were made quite clear. We were told the plan and the reasons for it, because doing it after would have meant no one would realize Danzo was missing until too late. Otherwise, he would have just taken care of Danzo before the summit...
    At all times his mission is assassination. Even assuming he would limit himself to information gathering at one point is irrelevant to what his mission is. For those samurai to allow him to get information on 1 of those Hokages would mean they would be assisting Sasuke with his mission to kill 1 of the delegates.
    Now, those dudes had no fucking clue why he was really there. He could have pulled back the moment he was found out and find another way... Did he do that? Nop he attacked them all just so he can kill the Hokage.

Quote Quote:
    It is hardly irrelevant when we're talking about whether one should be punish for using said organization.
    Not really. The others used Aka when it was a mercenary force and not public enemy number one, a terrorist organization that attacked all the villages... Sasuke acted as part of this organization as it was at that point in time. Its damn relevant in this regard. He should be pardoned based on other factors but that is another discussion.

Quote Quote:
    Gaara and Danzo were the only one's at the summit who didn't attempt to kill him.
    I can name a few other characters who did not even get the chance to attack him :P

Now them using lethal force to stop him is true, now anybody BUT Raikage would take him alive assuming he would give up and surrendered. Only Raikage was to blind to see the advantage one would have from taking him prisoner. Thing is he become to dangerous and they went for the kill. Zetsu alone and was more then warranted lethal force after he drained them all.

Quote Quote:
    How could he be dead? Sasuke had no weapon in hand and has never shown the ability to "kill" by touching. And Sasuke said what he did because the samurai outright made it clear that they intended to kill him. Between that and the fact that they attacked with drawn weapons first, they were clearly the instigators in that situation.
    lol? Are you serious? In this manga people can create lethal weapons from a finger. A simple riton finger to the skull is more then enough to kill a man. Also they can't know all the abilities Sasuke has... He could very well have that ability. Then they were not even present when he attacked that guy. He could have had a weapon on hand, he could have strangled that guy to death.

If a known terrorist would invate a UN assembly (presidents) and some special forces, cops would notice him, you think they would not have their guns aimed at him from the start? I could very well imply that they will be shooting first and asking questions later... Sasuke, like the terrorist invading said assembly would be the instigator. Its baffling to me how you can't understand this simple fact.

Quote Quote:
    Yes. When you attack with weapons first and yell out things like destroy, there is no reason anyone in their right mind wouldn't try to defend themselves from being killed.
    First off, the premise I made above with said terrorist. It was fully in their right to be with those weapons raised. He was responsible for any harm that would come to ANYBODY THERE the moment he decided to enter said place.

Then of course I did not notice Sasuke even making an attempt to run... The first Samurai was made to look like a moron and believed Sasuke escaped by a simple, cheap trick rofl...

Quote Quote:
    How could he retreat? He was in the middle of their complex. Any action would have required him fighting his way out, along with the revealing him to Danzo, thereby making any future attempts at him harder. And if Sasuke didn't care who died, then why would he warn the samurai beforehand? Why would he try to avoid the other Kages? Why plan to attack after the summit, instead of before? Why didn't he just jump Danzo the first time he saw him, when there were only a few people around? He clearly did care how it was done and who died, especially since Danzo was merely one of several targets he needed to take care of.
    He already eluded them:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/460/10
    Notice what the samurai is stating...

He warned them? lol... Yeah telling him he will kill them all if they would get in his way... He would obviously would have preferred NOT to fight anybody but Danzo as that would mean injuries and chakra loss but going from that to "he cares" is just absurd...

You already said above why attack after and not before. It was to his advantage... Not because he "cared". He "cared" for his own safety and the success of his assassination and NOT about who he killed. Hours later he impaled his own team member and before that he abandoned 2 team mates like rabid dogs...

Quote Quote:
    Not sure how that changes my point about invaders not being automatically killed.
    It depends on the danger potential. To use my terrorist example before, assuming he would be caring explosives he would get a shoot on sight so he does not have time to set it off.

For the samurai to attempt to take him alive when they knew what he is and how powerful he is would be stupid. I am sure they would have not killed him assuming he would surrendered, they would most certainly contacted Mifune to ask him what to do.
    Once Gaara was there he had a clear way out (a way to surrender), he did not take it now did he? In the end he IS responsabile for who he injured, who he killed and the material damages he did. He invaded a restricted area were the leading nations rules were assembling. He did that with the intent of assassination one of them, before or after is also not relevant to what his goal was, his invasion, even assuming would be limited to information retrieval would aid him in his assassination.
    Last edited by xXan; November 25, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    US Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys reading the same story? They went in there to identify Danzo and kill him on his way back to Konoha, Sasuke was not trying to start shit at the samurai place but zetsu was like OMG HEY SASUKES Here so they started looking for him THEN Karin was like OMG THEY FOUND US ZOMG, and sasuke was like "Aww shit im pissed SON!" etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Sasuke suddenly gained the power to murder people with a touch, that guard couldn't have been killed from a simple chop from Sasuke.
    We didn't see it, but with Sasuke I have to admit that death to a fodder with one quick easy blow is believable.

Anyway, I don't think it's semantics, there's a difference between purposely going off to kill needlessly and killing in a specific situation. It doesn't resolve Sasuke of his own bad decisions of going there in the first place or acting the way he did, but when the samurai made it clear they intended to "destroy" him before he did anything else, is it any wonder he would match them? Jay's death seems up in the air, as that was before Sasuke turnt cold and was when he was still valued the lives of others. He could very well have ordered Jay to be killed, though I doubt he did it himself.
    The thing to me though is that Sasuke did go there with the intent to kill. He wanted to find Danzou, but that's because he wanted to question him for himself, and depending on the answer, kill him. The way I look at the samurai is that they are there doing a job, which was to protect the heads of state. This was supposed to be a neutral venue. And then the cherry on top for Sasuke was that he was a criminal that was also the proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back' when it came to AKatsuki. So the guards had wind of this intruder, could see one of their guys on the ground dead... there was little reason for them to believe this criminal (Sasuke, and not saying they knew who he was, etc.) would be lenient with them. After all, he deliberately invaded this summit and was slinking around in the shadows. T

I guess my point is that Sasuke, being the intruder, should have expected resistance but that resistance was by his own doing since he initiated the whole thing. Tobi/Zetsu be damned of course. Also, from the perspective of the Raikage, he thought his brother had been abducted and killed by the same guy that crashed the summit. To the Raikage, he was a criminal that needed to be brought to "justice"... it didn't really matter that someone else was Sasuke's target.

Personally, I still believe it was due to that Zetsu he had inside of him. He was cold/psychotic that whole short time, and then went back to "normal" right after it had left him. When you throw in Obito's sudden attitude change too, there really does seem like there is more to the situation then simply people going bad.
    Yeah - that's what actually pisses me off. Kishimoto never really elaborated on that & IMO blew an opportunity. Instead we got nothing. The other thing that gets me about Sasuke 'going cold' back then was what Mei mentioned about Yagura and of course Danzou in the meeting too, controlling Mifune. We know that somehow Yagura was controlled, but that appears likely to have been done by Obito. Then you have Danzou using Shisui's jutsu. It's one of the reasons I'd always had the pet theory that Shisui and Obito were brothers/related... and Kishimoto could have written it in that Shisui's brother died in war, or that's what drove Shisui to be strong, have values in the village, etc. whatever. Seemed seamless. I'm rambling now.

Anyway Sasuke's still a convenient jerk for the sake of the manga... rushing in and trying to officially end Obito's life (though yeah, makes sense). But his personality is different than at the summit, I agree. ANd Obito's is different now as well too of course. But the manipulation, I wish there was more on. Tobi set things up so much, taht he even took out Danzou's guards on his own and left Danzou to Sasuke.

A few funny things since I looked back at the older chapters. Fuu mentioned there was even a 'land of wood' at some point in time. Maybe it was nothing, but back then I remember thinking that could have been something. Also on a more funny side... Naruto seems to forget about Madara quite a bit. He asked Kakashi "Who's Madara"? And evne just now, he kidn of forgot he was running around destroying stuff. lol Kind of like Gai and Kisame.
    Last edited by jalix; November 25, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: xXan;3608936 show

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    We didn't see it, but with Sasuke I have to admit that death to a fodder with one quick easy blow is believable.
    I don't know, even for Sasuke, that's a little much. Plus, it makes Suigetsu'slater comment about him killing strangely placed.

The thing to me though is that Sasuke did go there with the intent to kill. He wanted to find Danzou, but that's because he wanted to question him for himself, and depending on the answer, kill him. The way I look at the samurai is that they are there doing a job, which was to protect the heads of state. This was supposed to be a neutral venue. And then the cherry on top for Sasuke was that he was a criminal that was also the proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back' when it came to AKatsuki. So the guards had wind of this intruder, could see one of their guys on the ground dead... there was little reason for them to believe this criminal (Sasuke, and not saying they knew who he was, etc.) would be lenient with them. After all, he deliberately invaded this summit and was slinking around in the shadows. T

I guess my point is that Sasuke, being the intruder, should have expected resistance but that resistance was by his own doing since he initiated the whole thing. Tobi/Zetsu be damned of course. Also, from the perspective of the Raikage, he thought his brother had been abducted and killed by the same guy that crashed the summit. To the Raikage, he was a criminal that needed to be brought to "justice"... it didn't really matter that someone else was Sasuke's target.
    The samurai as guards doesn't seem to be the case though, given Gaara's comment about it being between ninjas. Plus, their performance was horrible. Even given Sasuke's strength, if they were meant to protect the Kages, they should have been capable of doing better considering the type of ninjas that could potentially attack a Kage would clearly have to be on par with one most of the time.

Resistances is one thing. The other Kages provided resistances too, but Sasuke cared more about blocking and running away then attacking. So I don't really see that resistances = fight to the death. Ee's not really the same case; Ee made it clear even before the summit that he was after Sasuke's head for what he did to Kirabi. And Ee had a legitimate claim towards him.

Yeah - that's what actually pisses me off. Kishimoto never really elaborated on that & IMO blew an opportunity. Instead we got nothing. The other thing that gets me about Sasuke 'going cold' back then was what Mei mentioned about Yagura and of course Danzou in the meeting too, controlling Mifune. We know that somehow Yagura was controlled, but that appears likely to have been done by Obito. Then you have Danzou using Shisui's jutsu. It's one of the reasons I'd always had the pet theory that Shisui and Obito were brothers/related... and Kishimoto could have written it in that Shisui's brother died in war, or that's what drove Shisui to be strong, have values in the village, etc. whatever. Seemed seamless. I'm rambling now.

Anyway Sasuke's still a convenient jerk for the sake of the manga... rushing in and trying to officially end Obito's life (though yeah, makes sense). But his personality is different than at the summit, I agree. ANd Obito's is different now as well too of course. But the manipulation, I wish there was more on. Tobi set things up so much, taht he even took out Danzou's guards on his own and left Danzou to Sasuke.

A few funny things since I looked back at the older chapters. Fuu mentioned there was even a 'land of wood' at some point in time. Maybe it was nothing, but back then I remember thinking that could have been something. Also on a more funny side... Naruto seems to forget about Madara quite a bit. He asked Kakashi "Who's Madara"? And evne just now, he kidn of forgot he was running around destroying stuff. lol Kind of like Gai and Kisame.
    It did seem like some connection was being built between Shisui and the situation in Kiri, what with the similarities to the illusions used and Shisui having a history against their ninjas, like Aoi. The whole Uchiha angle was dropped, which isn't too bad persay, because the plot was being consumed by it, but just dropping plotlines is ridiculous.

It's a real shame we lost the manipulative Tobi. It's like night and day now. Whereas before he was good at playing people and winning even when he lost, now he's so straightfoward and failing in his actions.

New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16