Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubles instead of knockout singles

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

I don't think Niou and Yagyuu would be able to Synchro unless they're already losing, and if that's the case against Akaya, you're probably half dead, so how much Synchro helps at that stage is questionable as well.

I considered Tachibana/Hirakoba, but gave it to Akutsu/Kawamura because I think the latter would have a better combination, and they match up better against Kabaji/Akutagawa I think, since Kabaji shouldn't be able to copy Akutsu.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't think Niou and Yagyuu would be able to Synchro unless they're already losing, and if that's the case against Akaya, you're probably half dead, so how much Synchro helps at that stage is questionable as well.
    I don't think so. I don't see Kirihara being able to trash Yagyuu/Niou physically in all honesty.
    I think Niou dealing with the pains of Tezuka Phantom is something will probably give him a lot of strength in remaining on the court.
    Not to mention Niou/Yagyuu are the most trickful pair. I can see Yanagi seeing through some of their tricks but Kirihara will definitely fall victim to it.
    Niou/Yagyuu > Yanagi/Kirihara imo.
    Also, wasn't Devil Mode sort of banned from the Rikkai team? They said they will no longer let him access it since it is destroying him.
    Sure they added in the databook since fans would of course be serious as to what boost it would give him even to this day.

Nationals!Tezuka/Yagyuu is a really crazy pair. And the option of Synchro when in a pinch?
    Really Kirihara/Yanagi aren't going to be containing Nationals!Tezuka in doubles as well as Mouri/Ochi did.
    Looking at stats, I think Mouri/Ochi are a good example of how beast Nationals!Tezuka would be in a MS Doubles match.
    Very few pairs could contain the threat in all honesty.
    In a 3 set match Kirihara/Yanagi stand no chance. ZSS/TPhantom + Laserbeam+CurvingLaser combo, a combo that was similar to the combo that left Kirihara/Yanagi crying inside back at Nationals?

Niou/Yagyuu probably can't even lose there. They're the 2nd strongest Rikkai pair after Yukimura/Sanada right now.

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Abecause they contain one or more joke characters.
    Honestly, Kurobane/Amane are just a waste of possible discussion space.
    You should replace them with Chinen/Tanishi. Those two will comfortably take out the former.
    Chinen/Tanishi could also defeat Yuushi/Gakuto in theory. Gakuto is legitly one of the worst MSers in the camp.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't think so. I don't see Kirihara being able to trash Yagyuu/Niou physically in all honesty.
    I think Niou dealing with the pains of Tezuka Phantom is something will probably give him a lot of strength in remaining on the court.
    Not to mention Niou/Yagyuu are the most trickful pair. I can see Yanagi seeing through some of their tricks but Kirihara will definitely fall victim to it.
    Niou/Yagyuu > Yanagi/Kirihara imo.
    Also, wasn't Devil Mode sort of banned from the Rikkai team? They said they will no longer let him access it since it is destroying him.
    Sure they added in the databook since fans would of course be serious as to what boost it would give him even to this day.

Nationals!Tezuka/Yagyuu is a really crazy pair. And the option of Synchro when in a pinch?
    Really Kirihara/Yanagi aren't going to be containing Nationals!Tezuka in doubles as well as Mouri/Ochi did.
    Looking at stats, I think Mouri/Ochi are a good example of how beast Nationals!Tezuka would be in a MS Doubles match.
    Very few pairs could contain the threat in all honesty.
    In a 3 set match Kirihara/Yanagi stand no chance. ZSS/TPhantom + Laserbeam+CurvingLaser combo, a combo that was similar to the combo that left Kirihara/Yanagi crying inside back at Nationals?

Niou/Yagyuu probably can't even lose there. They're the 2nd strongest Rikkai pair after Yukimura/Sanada right now.
    Why can't Niou turn into Yagyuu? He had already imitated him before I don't see why he couldn't become Yagyuu (like he became Atobe or when he became Kikumaru) and attain synchro.

Honestly, Kurobane/Amane are just a waste of possible discussion space.
    You should replace them with Chinen/Tanishi. Those two will comfortably take out the former.
    Chinen/Tanishi could also defeat Yuushi/Gakuto in theory. Gakuto is legitly one of the worst MSers in the camp.

You're right. I took out Kurobane/Amane.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I considered Tachibana/Hirakoba, but gave it to Akutsu/Kawamura because I think the latter would have a better combination, and they match up better against Kabaji/Akutagawa I think, since Kabaji shouldn't be able to copy Akutsu.
    I was thinking about how they matched up against Kabaji/ Akutagawa too. My logic was since we know Kabaji doesn't have naturally flexible wrists (losing to Jirou) if he tries to imitate the Ohabu it could cause him problems. Then again this is assuming the problem caused by the Ohabu was with flexibility of wrists (because he keeps twisting his wrist after he hits the Ohabu).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

Why can't Niou turn into Yagyuu? He had already imitated him before I don't see why he couldn't become Yagyuu (like he became Atobe or when he became Kikumaru) and attain synchro.
    Another good point. Niou is more than likely able to become Yagyuu ahead of any other MSer. I think the possibility of Niou/Yagyuu is more likely than any other Niou/-- pair besides the already proven Niou/Kikumaru/Oishi.
    Niou/Yagyuu can't lose there.

I was thinking about how they matched up against Kabaji/ Akutagawa too. My logic was since we know Kabaji doesn't have naturally flexible wrists (losing to Jirou) if he tries to imitate the Ohabu it could cause him problems. Then again this is assuming the problem caused by the Ohabu was with flexibility of wrists (because he keeps twisting his wrist after he hits the Ohabu).
    Looking back that's well noticed.
    Considering Habu is something that needs great focus just to hit back, could Kabaji hit it back? The wild spin on the ball will probably confuse Kabaji the poor simpleton imo.
    I think Kabaji at the baseline and Jirou at the net is a dangerous combo.
    But Abare Dama will score points. Shukuchiho is effective again Doubles so MV loses its danger since it will likely be caught in Doubles.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabaji copied auras, I guess he should be able to copy everything Tachibana / Hirakoba have, including Shukuchiho (actually, he could copy both of them and turn into a hibrid monster...)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabaji is superior to Kawamura in terms of mental and technique, plus he won't necessarily try to take as large of a swing as Kawamura did, so I doubt he'll just lose to Habu. Hirakoba hasn't been mentioned to have unnaturally flexible wrists, and Kite would have to have those as well then. At the moment I think Kabaji should be able to copy all of Shukuchihou, Giant Habu, Moujuu no you na Aura, Abare Dama though. As for MV, Akutagawa doesn't have to drop it on Hirakoba's half of the court.

Regarding Niou/Yagyuu, first, there is a difference between pain from overusing ZSS/Phantom and getting attacked by Devil Akaya I think. Second, even though Niou got better at using Tezuka's skills, it doesn't seem be quite the same yet. Third, and maybe most important, you can be better against Akaya, but still get trashed if you're careless for a moment. Tachibana experience this and everyone else in Fuji's situation would have. Although this does make Akaya pretty difficult to talk about.
    That said, I forgot about that convo between Yanagi and Shiraishi, so yeah, if we're considering Akaya without Devil Mode, they probably don't have a chance of winning.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Second, even though Niou got better at using Tezuka's skills, it doesn't seem be quite the same yet.
    We saw what he did against Mouri/Ochi? He used ZSS quite a lot,
    He spammed TPhantom for what was more than a set comfortably considering they went into a 45+ point tie-break.
    It was into the tie-break that he was saying nonsense like "I'm only doing this cause I'm Tezuka".
    Tell me why you'd think someone with Yanagi and Kirahara's stats will do better against TPhantom/ZSS than Ochi/Mouri did?
    They don't even have a sure-kill like Mach that Ochi.
    Niou doesn't even have to be the real deal against Yanagi/Kirihara pair.

Third, and maybe most important, you can be better against Akaya, but still get trashed if you're careless for a moment. Tachibana experience this and everyone else in Fuji's situation would have. Although this does make Akaya pretty difficult to talk about.
    Okay this here is just plain underestimating Yagyuu/Niou.
    You must have forgotten Niou and Yagyuu are the main culprits for manipulating Devil Akaya in the first place. Yagyuu purposely giving the wrong translation to Kirihara saying the Nagoya regulars called him a "seaweed bastard" and Niou doing something similar against Seigaku.
    Niou/Yagyuu have zero fear of Devil Akaya. They enjoy bringing it out of him.
    I have no doubt that they know full well how to play against Kirihara's Devil Mode.

Secondly, they're his teammate. Do you ever think that they will be as careless, or anywhere near as careless as Tachibana who had just faced Kirihara for the first time?
    That's just underestimating the most conniving pair in MS tennis.

Miyako/Matsudaira just laughed off his Devil Mode. Its not as dangerous as you think against players in his tier or above imo.
    That was a long time ago in the story where Kirihara could just trash players genuinely better than him. Nobody is falling for those moments in the U-17 Camp as shown by Miyako.

That said, I forgot about that convo between Yanagi and Shiraishi, so yeah, if we're considering Akaya without Devil Mode, they probably don't have a chance of winning.
    Doesn't even matter if Kirihara has Devil Mode or not.
    Yanagi and Kirihara shitting bricks at Kaidoh's laser combo.
    So Yagyuu's laser combo is more than likely to have a similar effect.
    Combined with Nationals!Tezuka, Niou/Yagyuu would have to forget their moves in order to lose to Kirihara/Yanagi.

Combined with the more than likely Synchro if Niou/Yagyuu start to lose, they share vision so getting hit by Devil Akaya seems a lot less likely again.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He spammed TPhantom for what was more than a set comfortably considering they went into a 45+ point tie-break.
    As I've outlined in some other thread, he might have only used it 9 times overall, which isn't enough to carry them through the entire match.

Regarding the Laser combo, that's basically the same as saying that Kaidou would've kept beating them with just that for the rest of the match, which is a view you don't share if memory serves. Also while Tachibana didn't know about Akaya targeting his opponents, Fuji did very well, given that he knew/guessed that it was Akaya who had injured Ryoma's knee.
    Miyako and Matsudaira were on average 5 points higher in stats than Devil Akaya, whereas Niou is even and Yagyuu 1 point below, so that comparison isn't necessarily true.

Anyway, like I said, I forgot about the Devil Mode restriction, so until we get further updates on it, I'll change my vote here.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As I've outlined in some other thread, he might have only used it 9 times overall, which isn't enough to carry them through the entire match.

Regarding the Laser combo, that's basically the same as saying that Kaidou would've kept beating them with just that for the rest of the match, which is a view you don't share if memory serves. Also while Tachibana didn't know about Akaya targeting his opponents, Fuji did very well, given that he knew/guessed that it was Akaya who had injured Ryoma's knee.
    Miyako and Matsudaira were on average 5 points higher in stats than Devil Akaya, whereas Niou is even and Yagyuu 1 point below, so that comparison isn't necessarily true.

Anyway, like I said, I forgot about the Devil Mode restriction, so until we get further updates on it, I'll change my vote here.
    I feel like Yagyuu and Niou would win even if Kirhara accessed devil mode. Niou could use illusion to become Yagyuu. It would then be Yagyuu/Yagyuu versus Kirhara/Renji. So unless Renji could see through the synchro, I feel like Niou would just become Yagyuu and the pair would automatically win with synchro power.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Who says that Yagyuu could instantly Synchro with himself? Chances are that they'd still need to be in a pinch in order to access it.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that if you are the same player you can immediately attain synchro. The Mutsu twins attained synchro without being in a pinch (they are essentially one person).

Then when Niou became one of the Mutsu twins he attained synchro with them (one could argue that that was when they were in a pinch).

In my opinion they would attain synchro as I think it is basically knowing your partners movements at the same time as they do. In that case if Niou can perfectly copy his partner in all aspects, I think that synchro will be attained.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Also to add on to this, Oishi also attained synchro with Niou (who became Kikumaru) without being in a pinch.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The twins, Washio/Suzuki and GP had all already mastered Synchro at that point, that's why they can use it at any time. Niou/Yagyuu, or Yagyuu/Yagyuu haven't accessed it at any time, let alone mastered it, so I don't see any reason to believe that they'd be able to.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What about when Niou synchroed with the twins?

Also then what is the definition of synchro? I think that it means having the same combination and thoughts in mind. If that is the case, the same person would be able to synchro with himself.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What about when Niou synchroed with the twins?
    Niou became a person that had already mastered Synchro with someone so its the same effect as Mutsu/Mutsu.

Fine I'll leave TPhantom out, although the counter argument is just as valid.

Regarding the Laser combo, that's basically the same as saying that Kaidou would've kept beating them with just that for the rest of the match, which is a view you don't share if memory serves.
    True, but it will DEFINITELY take games off of Kirihara/Yanagi. I also said that combined with ZSS + TZ, TZ non-stop with Yagyuu being a Serve & Volley player doing what Atobe the All-Rounder did and leaping forward intercepting the TZ and just taking the point home, will be far too much for Kirihara/Yanagi.
    TZ + ZSS + Laser combo + Synchro when forced into a pinch + Hyakku Ren when Yanagi or Kirihara are serving.
    Devil Mode or not, Yanagi/Kirihara are up against a huge wall here.

Also while Tachibana didn't know about Akaya targeting his opponents, Fuji did very well, given that he knew/guessed that it was Akaya who had injured Ryoma's knee.
    Again, comparing outsiders with Yagyuu/Niou who train with Kirihara daily and also help Kirihara even access his Devil Mode by toying with his mind.
    There's no way there gonna get caught like Fuji/Tachibana did. Especially as Fuji admits just after that he was careless.

fair enough

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of synchro like that, I still kind of disagree but I don't have enough evidence to convince anyone else.

Also if there were two Kaidos instead of Kaido/Inui against Kirhara/Renji do you think they would have won?

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast