Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubles instead of knockout singles

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

@Airgrimes
    I can definitely see your side of the argument, and you may be right that I'm not giving Yagyuu enough credit here (I think I'm fair to Niou). However I also feel that you're underestimating Yanagi and Devil Akaya a bit. Like, if you're saying that Niou/Yagyuu won't be careless around Akaya, the same argument could also be made for Yanagi's ability to gather their data for instance, even if Inui couldn't.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't think that Akaya will even turn into his devil form. Not only Yanagi should be able to control him (if he could go into AM is another topic) but I don't think anyone in Rikkai would want Kirihara to go into DM (unless personal traits are not considered, then Niou/Yagyuu win because !DM Kirihara gets a heart attack).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah, I think we concluded that a couple posts ago, I had just forgotten about the flashback. I believe right now we're just discussing a what-if scenario.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Yanagi's ability to gather their data for instance, even if Inui couldn't.
    Yeah, I might be underestimating Yanagi. A habit since he got put to sleep by Mitsuya.

But considering how Sanada commented on how Niou/Atobe was really like Tezuka/Niou in one match, it implies Niou's illusion can even fool the Rikkai bunch so its sort of unclear for now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So I think a general consensus has been reached

Block A

Yukimura/Sanada

Jackal/Marui

Block B

Niou/Yagyuu (as Kirhara cannot use devil mode)

Tezuka/Kaidou

Block C

Atobe/ Hiyoshi

Shiraishi/Kenya

Block D

Kintarou/Chitose

Akutsu/Kawamura

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

So the next set of matches will be:

Kintarou/Chitose versus Jackal/ Marui

Akutsu/Kawamura versus Atobe/ Hiyoshi

Tezuka/ Kaido versus Yukimura/Sanada

Shiraishi/Kenya versus Niou/Yagyuu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kintarou stomp. He solo both. Chitose can just sit on the sideline.

This is a harder one. Atobe is the strongest one here, I feel, but I think Kawamura is stronger than Hiyoshi. I'll hold on this one.

This is another hard one. But since black aura is confirm not to be PoP equal, and the user+another ten ball got stomp 6-0, I'm leaning toward Tezuka Kaidoh here. I put PoP users on the same level as the camp's top. Sanada can't steal 1 game from PoP Oni. And some people are viewing PoP Tezuka as equal or greater than PoP Kintarou as well.

This is a hard one... Niou/Yagyuu, I guess. Niou's a pretty strong guy.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Niou/Yagyuu (as Kirhara cannot use devil mode)
    Wouldn't go that far.
    Its still in Niou/Yagyuu's favour regardless of DM or not.
    Not enough to suggest DM!Kirihara can suddenly defeat ZSS/TPhantom when ZSS took out Ochi and Mouri(Doubles-only).

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post

This is a hard one... Niou/Yagyuu, I guess. Niou's a pretty strong guy.
    Again, Niou can become Tezuka and THEN there is the deadly Laser combo on top of that. Kaidoh has already proven that the laser combo is just deadly.
    Its also dangerous since unlike Tornado/Gyro, the Curving Laser combo can land on either side of the court at the speed of a laser.

I don't see Shiraishi/Kenya overcoming the two threats.
    Then, there's the fact that once Niou/Yagyuu are in a pinch, Niou can become Yagyuu and enter Synchro.
    Niou/Anybody is a deadly pair.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't view Yagyuu as stronger than Kenya, for reason I already stated bunch of time. It's that Niou become close to National Tezuka and I don't see Shiraishi being as good as that.

Also, I don't think pinch=syncho guarantee. It is a possibility, but not certainty.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Kin-Chan & Chitose better than Marui & Jackal. They will get an easy victory.
    I see Atobe & Hiyoshi taking this by a slight margin.
    Yukimura/Sanada pair wins. I've said it before, TMnK shots won't be that hard to reach in doubles match. Kaido will be useless here. He'll probably get yipped faster than nationals Kin-Chan. Its more like Tezuka versus Yukimura/Sanada. And Tezuka's arm will cause him problem. I see Yukimura/Sanada pair winning this, unless(which is likely to happen) One of them sits out & other takes Tezuka alone.
    Its a hard one. Fuji overcame nationals Niou/Tezuka. I think Shiraishi can do so too. But if Niou synchros' with Yagyu then its over for the Shitenhouji duo.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

I don't view Yagyuu as stronger than Kenya, for reason I already stated bunch of time.
    Those reasons weren't that strong though. So you shouldn't speak as if the reasons you've stated were concrete and acknowledged by lots of others.
    The assumption that Kenya can consistently catch Laserbeam and Curving Laser regardless of where it lands is just a strong assumption.

Also, I don't think pinch=syncho guarantee. It is a possibility, but not certainty.
    What more do you people want??
    He did it in a Pinch with Mutsu. Twins who he had just met for THE FIRST TIME.
    He did it with Atobe in a Pinch. Atobe being the most self-centered MSer in the series.
    Why the hell can't he do Synchro in a Pinch with his best friend?

It makes less sense to assume if he was in a serious pinch he couldn't perform Synchro with Yagyuu of all people. Of course he could become Yagyuu in an Illusion.
    That's all he even has to do.

Are you saying its easier for Niou to become Kikumaru, Mutsu or Atobe than it is for Niou to become Yagyuu? That's pretty off to assume.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing in the series that confirm Yagyuu can syncho with himself. Mutsu ca syncho with Mutsu because they can syncho willingly. It's the same thing he do with Oishi as Kikumaru.

That leave only Atobe. He enter syncho when he's in a pinch with him, not form the beginning. It is said the very first time that syncho is NOT a common occurrence.

And strong assumption is just better than a weak one.
    Last edited by -Ken-; November 18, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So is there any sort of consensus?

1. Kintarou/Chitose advance I think that's done
    2. Does anyone put Akutsu and Kawmura over Atobe and Hiyoshi?
    3. Does everyone agree that Tezuka/ Kaido > Sanada/Yukimura?
    4. Is Shiraishi good enough to beat Illusion Tezuka! and is kenya good enough to take on Yagyuu? Also is there a better possibility that Yagyuu and Niou will synchro?
    Last edited by floman; November 24, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had already responded to this, but apparently not.

Agreeing on this one.

This is kinda tough, but I'm tempted to say yes. If you consider Akutsu's flexibility, I think Atobe would have to use his Insight to counter it to an extent, which means he wouldn't be able to frequently use KnS and AK. That takes care of of Atobe/Hiyoshi's greatest offensive threats. On the other hand I don't think they would be able to hit back Hadokyuus very easily, and I feel like Akutsu/Kawamura would have the better chemistry.

Agree.

4. Is Shiraishi good enough to beat Illusion Tezuka! and is kenya good enough to take on Yagyuu? Also is there a better possibility that Yagyuu and Niou will synchro?
    I think Shiraishi could beat the Tezuka illusion. Kenya... I don't see him doing much in terms of offense, but he'd probably be able to seal the laser combo with Shiraishi's cooperation. I think this one really comes down to Synchro, and I also believe that Niou/Yagyuu not using it is more likely. They'll have better teamwork in my eyes though, and both are hard to predict.
    I'll vote for Shiraishi/Kenya since I feel that from the things we can measure, they have an advantage, however Niou/Yagyuu have a lot of potential possibilities to take the win instead.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=floman;3608048]So is there any sort of consensus?

Agree.
    I think Atobe/Hiyoshi will win.
    Nope. I gave my reasons above.
    I think Shiraishi could beat national Niou-Tezuka. But when Niou can use ZSS I think It favors Niou a bit. But Shiraishi might be able to overcome slight disadvantage. I would go for a Shiraishi/Kenya win.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Philia;3608277]
    So is there any sort of consensus?

Agree.

I think Atobe/Hiyoshi will win.

Nope. I gave my reasons above.

I think Shiraishi could beat national Niou-Tezuka. But when Niou can use ZSS I think It favors Niou a bit. But Shiraishi might be able to overcome slight disadvantage. I would go for a Shiraishi/Kenya win.
    To respond to your reasons about PoP not being as strong in doubles, I agree but in the case of Tezuka he has the Tezuka Zone. The only way Sanada can overcome Tezuka Zone is through spamming Ka which Tezuka can return with PoP strength and Rin which wouldn't be as effective in doubles. As for Yukimura, there is nothing to suggest he can break the Zone. He said in the nationals that Tezuka "made a perfect zone" when Ryoma used Hyaruken too early.

Also I feel like Shiraishi might get overwhelmed by consistent phantoms but Niou-Tezuka can't do that. Kenya is ridiculously fast and I think that they will also have very good chemistry and team work.

Just as a question why was it that Yagyuu/Niou > Golden Pair?

Lastly why do you think Atobe/Hiyoshi would take it?

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast