Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Doubles instead of knockout singles

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doubles instead of knockout singles

-Not that it's on topic, but what page states that the Glowing Shot is a power from another dimension? All we know is that, in order to learn that shot, Byoudouin gained a power from another dimension, and that's it. If Ryoma learnt it in some hours, I doubt it's a power from another dimension.

Also, I just said that because just after using Pirate Byoudouin started taunting Tokugawa with his power from another dimension, not before that.

-It's mentioned even in PoT that he's close to TnK, but that doesn't mean anything. He could easily achieve it and never open the door again.

-Is it relevant if he's conscious or not? Have you seen someone using TnK being unconscious btw?

-No, not both times. Against Tokugawa it was a set point, not match point. Oni is surprised because he didn't see it again? What does that prove? That no one in the camp is good enough to make Byoduoin go full power, or that Oni didn't see every match Byoudouin played, so?

-I already said I'm Yukimura. I know how poorly written was that chapter, is that my fault?

-Have you lost your senses before to say something like that, Ken?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    You don't need to like a character to be biased.
    Not really, the definition of bias is having an opinion just because you prefer something. I don't prefer any character here, so I can't be biased, even if I live in the Matrix or something like that.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    -It's mentioned even in PoT that he's close to TnK, but that doesn't mean anything. He could easily achieve it and never open the door again.
    Agreed.
    Let's not forget that it said Akutagawa Jirou was extremely close to TnK too. Is he really going to access TnK and suddenly become amongst the best players in the U-17 Camp?
    Considering he has a base stat of 17, which chances are is higher than the base stats that Ryoma had at Nationals so Jirou would still be a freaking beast if he unlocked TnK.

It's the same source saying Inui/Yanagi will get Saiki and Shiraishi will get Hyakku Ren Jitoku. I don't really know how it confirms Kintaro can use TnK at will.

My main issue is that, we've seen Ryoma access TnK for what seems to be the incomplete version against Ryoma, but it was certainly some kind of TnK since Chitose and Fuji's reactions confirm whatever Ryoma did during that one-point-match was borderline TnK.
    He then gets amnesia so I guess that's out of the window.

Against Yukimura, our beloved Ryoma is crying like a baby on the floor and then magically accesses TnK and kicks Yuki's ass.
    The next time we see Ryoma play, it is an unofficial match and he doesn't have TnK and proceeds to get his ass-kicked.

For Tezuka, he is in a difficult predicament which he eventually overcomes to win 6-4 and just before winning he enters TnK.
    The next time we see Tezuka play, it is an unofficial match and he does have TnK and proceeds to give his best bud Fuji a farewell ass-kicking.

It is precisely because of how similar the scenarios are, that it is difficult to confirm Ryoma can use TnK at will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's a poorly written chapter? So what? There's simply no proof for those characters, and so I expected them to be treated the same way as Kintarou and PoP.

And as I say before and you seem to avoid, Byoudonin condition of using Pirate was the same in both of his match. Can you provide any evidence that this is not the condition that Byoudonin needed to activate it? And I don't think Byoudonin states that he can freely control the power from another dimension, just that he can use it. If you want clear concrete evidence, I need that here. Not just theory.

Quote Quote:
    a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
    Doesn't seem like it need to "prefer" someone. It looks biased to me.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's a poorly written chapter? So what? There's simply no proof for those characters, and so I expected them to be treated the same way as Kintarou and PoP.
    But these characters and their special moves are not revealed to the readers in the same fashion as the example of Ryoma & TnK and Tezuka & TnK like I mentioned.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But these characters and their special moves are not revealed to the readers in the same fashion as the example of Ryoma & TnK and Tezuka & TnK like I mentioned.
    So is there a case of gaining another move like those before? Neither Yukimura or Byoudonin were winning 5-4 45-x like Tezuka. While it is not known for Yukimura, Byoudonin was getting a match point in opponent favors both time.

Like I stated before, my position is that unless something show or stated in canon material that they can't use the move that they have unlock at will, they can.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And as I say before and you seem to avoid, Byoudonin condition of using Pirate was the same in both of his match. Can you provide any evidence that this is not the condition that Byoudonin needed to activate it? And I don't think Byoudonin states that he can freely control the power from another dimension, just that he can use it. If you want clear concrete evidence, I need that here. Not just theory.
    It isn't the same condition. One was a match point, the other one a set point.

Doesn't seem like it need to "prefer" someone. It looks biased to me.
    Why would I have a prejudice against Kintaraou? I hate cavemen?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It isn't the same condition. One was a match point, the other one a set point.
    So, can you prove that he can use it outside set or match point? Because that is all the manga confirms. I need concrete evidence here already. I've been asking for it since the very beginning and I don't see any evidence at all. If you can't show any, it shows that under the universe rule that Kintarou cannot use PoP at will, a fair bit of other casts cannot use some of their tech either.

And it look like they play 1 set match back then. Who's to say the unlocking requirement is not the match point of the 1st set if you are losing?

Why would I have a prejudice against Kintaraou? I hate cavemen?
    Words. Well, why are you using different matrix than the rest of the cast?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Byoudouin used it for the entire 2nd set... I guess?

It's not a different ¨matrix¨, dunno why you're not getting it. I'm like that with almost every character when it comes to TnK. I don't think that Ryoma can do it when he pleases, nor Oni, nor Kintarou (just maybe, Tezuka, and obviously Nanjirou is confirmed). Again, how the hell is that being biased?

I even gave you an example with Kintarou's clones but I guess you didn't read it.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen use PoP for the whole 6 game as well. So what?

Ah, so it's only Tnk that you are against people using at will and not any other techniques. Is it mention anywhere in the manga that people who use TnK cannot use it at will?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen use PoP for the whole 6 game as well. So what?
    ...I just replied what you asked, lol.

Is it mention anywhere in the manga that people who use TnK cannot use it at will?
    Yeah, they need to have fun. I don't think they can say something like ¨OK, IM GONNA HAVE FUN NOW¨ and go into TnK.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...I just replied what you asked, lol.
    So there is no clear evidence that he can, brillant.

Yeah, they need to have fun. I don't think they can say something like ¨OK, IM GONNA HAVE FUN NOW¨ and go into TnK.
    I think Tezuka shows that doing so is possible. So, yes, they can.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So there is no evidence that he can, brillant.
    Wat?

I'm not following you :|

I think Tezuka shows that doing so is possible. So, yes, they can.
    Yes, he can have fun playing with his best friend, that proves a lot.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Wat?

I'm not following you :|
    So it doesn't look like you can prove that Byoudonin can activated Pirate outside of the condition I mention.

Yes, he can have fun playing with his best friend, that proves a lot.
    And Echizen can have fun playing with his enemy who take aways his five sense and Kintarou can have fun playing with enemy who completely obliterated him. That should proves a fair bit then.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Tezuka's trigger was kinda different from the others. The main reason he achieved TnK was that he had completed his goals already. Nanjirou said you forget the feeling you need to enter TnK when starting to compete in clubs and such, and in Tezuka's case he accomplished what he wanted and could then concentrate on tennis itself.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how concentrating on tennis itself can be consider to be more fun than other train of thoughts. Each person is different and have fun differently (look at Rikkai way of having fun). And Kintarou and Oni so far doesn't display anything that suggest they forgot the feeling needed to use TnK. Going on this, the only one whom can be consider to be like that is Ryoma, who seem to be pretty bitter from his defeat by Tokugawa.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8