Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Why does nobody want Rebecca to join the Strawhats?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does nobody want Rebecca to join the Strawhats?

I don't know what you guys have all with that "quirk" thing. God, she's 16, she's in that collosseum with some effin big names in it, the only thought she has right now is: Mera mera no mi & revenge on DD.
    I don't know but why should she be happy? or show any quirks? this situation is very serious for her, and she is WORTHY as a character IMO. She's boring? maybe for you but for me not. I feel sad about her, and I don't feel sad about someone who's boring. OK maybe she isn't joinging the crew but she is cool though IMO.

But that damn dream!!!! She want's to live with toy soldier... this is the tricky part...
    I guess this one is the biggest NO for her to join.
    Last edited by Spenzi; March 03, 2014 at 05:50 AM.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The seriousness of other situations hasn't stopped other characters from having a personality that entertains, excites, or just interests readers. Some enjoy her character, many find her flat-out boring. A lack of traits that attract readers would seem to be a reasonable objection for a character to join the ranks of the mains.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    I feel sad about her, and I don't feel sad about someone who's boring.
    That's one weird position to have, only feeling sad about people who have interesting lives.

As mentioned above, a quirk is showing some indivudualiy/personality and she hasn't shown anything of that yet, deeming her to the status of side/support character only, not someone to be strongly remembered.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca having similar appearance to Nami doesn't work as an argument because Oda can always change appearances. He has changed Robin and Nami's appearances and made Chopper cute. Rebecca could always have her hair cut or be the only one in the crew to wear skimpy clothes to make up for her dullness.

The proven argument as to whether she will join or not is quirk. Rebecca hasn't shown any, while most crew members have, with the exception of Robin and Zoro. Appearance, ability to fight, or whatever else is irrelevant.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Rebecca could always have her hair cut
    Like pre time skip Nami? :P
    Quote Quote:
    or be the only one in the crew to wear skimpy clothes to make up for her dullness.
    eh no, you pervert .
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, or just try a bob cut. Hell, she can spike her hair!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The Void Century left behind a "forgotten" *cough, suppressed* history, which is why I think Rebecca won't join the Strawhats, similar to how Vivi and other princesses and higher ranked people who support the Strawhats hasn't joined the crew, cause they will be needed later in the story, well imho.

This is a theory that will return to Rebecca at the end.

As I'm sure others also have thought about, it seems everyone with D in their names are somewhere bounded in a bloodline (family), but it seems this family has different branches, and there are few of them left.

What if the D bloodline were the real rulers of the world on Raftel, and the Rio Ponyglyph hidden there will reveal what happened. Something really bad/horrible probably, and I'm sure it will piss Luffy off quite a bit.
    Therefore One Piece won't end at Raftel, the end of the Grand Line, but this is around the period of time where Luffy will meet his father, who is conquring the 4 oceans (Outside the Grandline) as we speak.

So Dragon may only be introduced later, will he join forces with Luffy? or will something else happen?

Regardless, Luffy has at the very least 3 princesses and a number of countries on his side, which will support him.
    This is where Rebecca comes in, she needs to have a tight connection with the Strawhats, just like Vivi, and others, for them to be loyal to Luffy.
    We saw how important Alliances are with Whitebeard, no matter how strong you are, you can't fight huge forces on your own. Luffy will need alliances too, and we're seeing it come to fruit with the different countries supporting him, and also the Supernova 11, which seems to foreshadow a broader alliance than just Law.

Therefore Rebecca is now developing her relationship with the Strawhats, but also at the same time means she can't ever join them.

Luffy won't only become the pirate king, he will get the whole world, and overthrow the corrupt Royal/Noble families.
    Luffy doesn't care what others think of him, but he has a pretty good feeling for "justice" towards other people, and he gets mad when he sees something terrible being done to other people, he always protects them, even strangers.

Therefore Luffy will change his mind, his end goal won't be One Piece, it will be the beginning.
    He'll take back what the world government and world Nobles took away from the family of D in the Void Century, and bring true peace.
    Whatever they will find at Raftel, I'm sure the Rio ponyglyph will play a huuuge part in the story development, and bring about a plot twist, right when we suppose it's all ending.
    It won't feel wrong, cause the whole story has been build for this moment, there is soo much foreshadowing that... well.. what else can happen?

Although I'm sure Luffy can't stop himself from sailing the oceans ^_^

This is just a theory, but I think this is what will happen, in the grand scheme of things.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

This is also exactly why I think Jinbei won't join the Strawhats, although it's more uncertain than Rebecca.
    Jinbei & the mermaid princess will be important chareacters in the alliance with the fishmen people, in the war Luffy will lead in the future, similar to what Whitebeard did when trying to save Ace.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Rebecca falling into the same category as Vivi and Shirahoshi.

Shiarahoshi was obviously way to big to join the crew and Vivi looks like she'll be queen pretty soon if her father's ill health is anything to go by and he was her only family and no one else could rule the kingdom after him.

Rebecca however has a father, a grandfather and an aunt all in place to rule the kingdom before her.

Doflamingo is a tenryuubito and I don't see his family (the real ones who helped him pull the scam over law and the sh's) simply sitting aside and letting Dressrosa go should Doflamingo fall. They can show up and take over when ever they feel like it after all.

Rebecca's new dream could be to defeat the remaining Donquioxote family in Mariejoa and free Dressrosa completely and for that she would probably need to know the true history and travel with Luffy to reach the tenryuubito.

it's not a perfect example of how Rebecca could join but it's the best one I can think of.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Rebecca however has a father, a grandfather and an aunt all in place to rule the kingdom before her.
    But she never had a home and "real" family to live with. Her whole life was riddled with pain and sadness, finding happiness for once should be on the top of her priority list right now.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    That is something none of the current Strawhats have. They were all either orphans, or abandoned, raised by foster parents. Unlike Rebecca, none of them have blood relatives to return home to. Zoro, Nami, Robin, Brooke, and Jinbe were already adventurers when Luffy met them. The point is not that there will be someone to rule Dressrosa if she leaves. The point is that to join the Strawhats she will have to abandon the family she is fighting so hard to recover. It wouldn't make any sense for her to leave.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 05, 2014 at 01:56 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca getting a new dream of crushing all Don Quixote would be too artificial, especially given that her motivation to even kill Doflamingo is so she can be with the Toy Soldier forever. Even if he is killed, she still has her grandfather and aunt to live with, who are also her real family. There is absolutely no reason for her to join the crew, nothing that implies she will join. Vivi wanted to join because she enjoyed being with the Straw Hats and had fun, but that's the only reason. Zoro joined because he wanted to be the world's strongest swordsman, Nami joined because she wanted to travel the world to make a map of it, Usopp joined because he wanted to become the bravest warrior of the sea, Sanji joined because he wanted to find the All Blue, Chopper joined because he has wanted to be a pirate (?) and finally found friends that accepted him, Robin joined because she had nothing, Franky joined because he wanted to ride on his ship to the end of the earth or something, and Brook joined because he wanted to find Laboon. Jinbei wants to join because he wants to support Luffy and help fulfill Ace's dream and request. There are more reasons, but those are the individual reasons why they joined.

Rebecca has no such reason to join, she doesn't want to go around the world, find her dream location, or be the greatest something. Her dream lies with living with Toy Soldier, and even IF (a big IF) he does die, she has her grandfather and aunt to live with. If the citizens get their memories back and things are cleared up, Rebecca will be accepted and loved. The fact that she hasn't hurt the gladiators or has tried to avoid hurting them says a lot, in my opinion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Rebecca getting a new dream of crushing all Don Quixote would be too artificial, especially given that her motivation to even kill Doflamingo is so she can be with the Toy Soldier forever. Even if he is killed, she still has her grandfather and aunt to live with, who are also her real family. There is absolutely no reason for her to join the crew, nothing that implies she will join. Vivi wanted to join because she enjoyed being with the Straw Hats and had fun, but that's the only reason. Zoro joined because he wanted to be the world's strongest swordsman, Nami joined because she wanted to travel the world to make a map of it, Usopp joined because he wanted to become the bravest warrior of the sea, Sanji joined because he wanted to find the All Blue, Chopper joined because he has wanted to be a pirate (?) and finally found friends that accepted him, Robin joined because she had nothing, Franky joined because he wanted to ride on his ship to the end of the earth or something, and Brook joined because he wanted to find Laboon. Jinbei wants to join because he wants to support Luffy and help fulfill Ace's dream and request. There are more reasons, but those are the individual reasons why they joined.

Rebecca has no such reason to join, she doesn't want to go around the world, find her dream location, or be the greatest something. Her dream lies with living with Toy Soldier, and even IF (a big IF) he does die, she has her grandfather and aunt to live with. If the citizens get their memories back and things are cleared up, Rebecca will be accepted and loved. The fact that she hasn't hurt the gladiators or has tried to avoid hurting them says a lot, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That is something none of the current Strawhats have. They were all either orphans, or abandoned, raised by foster parents. Unlike Rebecca, none of them have blood relatives to return home to. Zoro, Nami, Robin, Brooke, and Jinbe were already adventurers when Luffy met them. The point is not that there will be someone to rule Dressrosa if she leaves. The point is that to join the Strawhats she will have to abandon the family she is fighting so hard to recover. It wouldn't make any sense for her to leave.
    Under current circumstances yes you guys are correct but circumstances can change like the Tenryuubito demanding revenge for Doflamingo since he clearly still has some influence with them, they could announce the country as a rebel state and try to destroy it like they did with Ohara. And if it gets out that the kingdom was saved by Luffy then there are three Tenryuubito from Sabaody who hate him and could do something out of spite for him against Dressrosa as well. Rebecca couldn't live peacefully if the government decide that Dressrosa is a kingdom against them.

There's also a fear factor that any other Don Quioxte could show up and use there WG influence to take the throne at any time.

Kaidou could attempt something against dressrosa as payback for Doflamingo failing him

simply put all I'm saying is don't take anything for granted as this is Oda and he is the master of twists and crazy developments after all who seen Burgess, Sabo or Big Mom turning up in this arc.

But I agree with the majority that she won't join. I was just looking at possible story scenarios that could make a reason for her to join, until the crew sail away from Dressrosa and leave her behind we can never say never.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you really believe that they could cause devestation to a country as Dressrosa without getting some actual problems with the members of the WG? With Fujitora putting so much attention to the wellbeing of the citizens. Akainu wants to get more territory in the New World, not destroy one of their best trade ports there.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    simply put all I'm saying is don't take anything for granted as this is Oda and he is the master of twists and crazy developments after all who seen Burgess, Sabo or Big Mom turning up in this arc.
    He usually foreshadows those twists. Burgess or Big Mom aren't twists or necessarily crazy developments, but they are unexpected. Sabo as well, but his survival was hinted at by Oda.

So far, there's no hint or anything to Rebecca joining or any possibility of your scenario being carried out. It could happen though, but I don't think that'll get Rebecca to join the crew. If anything, the Straw Hats (and allies, most likely) will stop any damage that Kaidou could cause.

New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17