Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does nobody want Rebecca to join the Strawhats?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does nobody want that Rebecca joins the Strawhat?

she doesn't have that strangeness which seems to be a characteristic of the SH. Like other members have said, she is just another Vivi. Plus, just imagine the amount of extra work sanji would have if she joined

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if she's exactly another Vivi, given that Vivi couldn't fight while Rebecca seems to be winning fights without being touched or hurting anyone. She may be a bad character and supremely inferior to Vivi, but I don't think they have much in common or that she's Vivi 2.

Plus, no need to insult Vivi. At least her popularity was definitely not based on her skimpy outfit. v.v

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that she's a bad character or anything, I'm sure she'll be more popular when we get to know her better, but I feel like she doesn't bring anything unique. She's a swordsman pacifist. Tbh, I'd rather see Violet join. I can see her doing recon and info gathering. xD

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

also, another factor is that we are comparing her to all the characters that have been introduced, for instance, barto, cavendish, and other strong pirates.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    im cool with her joining

of course i would have been cool with jimbei, vivi, or bon clay joining too

everyone cannot join, so far oda has put together a very unique crew who work well together and play well off of eachother in a comedic sense
    Bon clay o man this okama had manly balls if there is someone i would like to join the crew its him. Bon clay risked his life for luffy and so far only luffys crew did stuff like this. i hope luffy will get him out of impel down as for rebecca i just dont like the character no matter how buffed will oda make her for us to like her i just dont in terms of power she is so far behind and i dont think she has the the ability to evolve into many steps forward. I want something really interesting to join the sh with potential unfortunatly i dont see any potential in the character rebecca for this time i would like a dwarf character to join with a very interesting personality and not a fast cry-woman with no intentions of hurting anyone and no dreams.
    Last edited by Don Chinjao; November 07, 2013 at 05:06 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlkHorus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would actually like her to be the next straw hat. We have a lot of guys in the group, and another woman wouldn't be a bad idea. On top of that, we need an actual woman fighter. Nothing against Robin, she can fight when she needs to...but she isn't a real warrior. Furthermore, we still can't count her out ye. She may have qualities similar to Ace that would make her a great addition to the team and allow Luffy to let her have the mera mera. Maybe she won't back down and leave her back to an opponent because she wants her friends to be safe - same as Ace. And so far in the tournament, she appears to be doing just that in the arena. Not showing her back to her opponents.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally wouldn't love to have her join, if only to have an actual warrior-woman (and just another woman in general) for the Straw Hats, even more so if she ends up getting the Mera Mera no Mi (which I'm rooting for). However, I do have to admit that with every new piece of information about Dressrosa and its history that gets revealed, her chances of joining are decreasing. It does look like she'll be more like Vivi, even though I personally don't think she has any reason to care about Dressrosa and its throne, nor has she ever even shown any interest in it. We'll see how it goes. Would love to have her aboard, but I think chances are slim that she actually will.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    She's Vivi 2.0.She's just another damsel in distress, even if she can use haki. She doesn't want to fight. Right now the SHs need a powerful crewmate, at least that's the way I see it. Without the Mera Mera I fear she's not strong enough to be part of the crew. Of course strength was never a criteria to be part of the crew. Characters like Nami and Usopp all made it in even though they were weak , but that's because each one of them has a speciality. Nami is the navigator, Usopp is a sniper....So what is her speciality? A princess in distress is the most accurate answer.Unless she has some hidden talent that could be useful to the Straw hats.
    Honestly I'd rather see Kin'emon join the crew, or Kanjuro once he's properly introduced. A strong samurai will be a good asset for the crew.
    well if rebecca turns out being a great fighter and not just having keen observation haki
    i could see her being an asset

but if the SH's need to add someone its jimbei

that would be an epic addition to the crew

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, here are my two cents:
    • She looks a lot like Nami (there can only be one Nami)
    • She's out of breath from just dodging some attacks (Nothing compared to the fighter's endurance in the SH's atm
    • She's a pacifist
    • The thing that she desires most in the whole world is to live with Toy Soldier
    • She will probably be reunited with her father and grandfather ( I can't imagine her leaving moments after)
    • Agreed that her character is still in the progress of developing, I like her, but she doesn't have "it" that the other SH's have
    The three brothers

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not sure if she's exactly another Vivi, given that Vivi couldn't fight while Rebecca seems to be winning fights without being touched or hurting anyone. She may be a bad character and supremely inferior to Vivi, but I don't think they have much in common or that she's Vivi 2.

Plus, no need to insult Vivi. At least her popularity was definitely not based on her skimpy outfit. v.v
    The only thing that they both have in common are plot circumstances. Vivi had a much different personality, was a more important character, playing a very different role in the story. Vivi's role is closer to the one Law now plays, traveling with the Strawhats as a temporary member of the main cast.

Rebecca won't join because she has deep ties to Dressrosa. New Strawhats have either had little left tying them to an island, or circumstances forcing them to leave. Zoro was already a traveler. Usopp's had no mother, and has father was part of Shank's crew. Nami had already been traveling when Luffy met her. Once Arlong was defeated she could continue her journey, free of any burdens. Sanji was an orphan. Chopper was an orphan. Robin was the sole survivor of Ohara. Brooke was lost at sea, his crew long dead. A bounty was placed on Franky after Enes Lobby, forcing him to flee. Jinbe's bounty was restored after Impel Down, he's once again a fugitive. Rebecca has living, immediate, biological relatives on Dressrosa. Her father and grandfather are both there. She will be restored as princess after Dofla is defeated, with responsibilities to her country. She's not leaving as a pirate.

Except for Robin and Jinbe, Oda makes it obvious when a new character is about to join. Jinbe was somewhat of a surprise. Oda did drop some subtle hints during the war.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This talk of Rebecca being a female warrior of the crew is a bit strange. Because based on what Rebecca's shown, the two females of the crew, Nami and Robin, would stomp on her. Violet seems more capable than Rebecca. If a female is to join the crew, I'd much prefer her. She has uses within battle and outside of it, and she just seems far more exciting. Add that to the fact that she doesn't have any obvious attachments to Dressrosa and she would seem like a more suitable candidate. Now of course, Violet's appearance and introduction, as an assassin, are somewhat similar to Robin's, but even so she would bring more to the crew than Rebecca, at least in my mind.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to give another point of view.

Nami - handsome woman, big boobs
    Robin- handsome woman, big boobs
    Rebecca - handsome woman, big boobs

Don't get me wrong, I like those, but I wouldn't mind some diversity in the female part of the crew. Males all differ from one another in build. Women look the same.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Her joining would not make the least amount of sense. She is a princess of dressrosa and seeing her attitude she is likely to take up on it when the time comes. Basically, she is strawhat proof thanks to the very plot of the manga. The issue here is that her purpose in the story and joining the strawhats are mutually exclusive things. Even the fact that she lacks strangeness or something to add to the crew (its not like they need a fodder level swordswoman) is secondary to that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I'd like to give another point of view.

Nami - handsome woman, big boobs
    Robin- handsome woman, big boobs
    Rebecca - handsome woman, big boobs

Don't get me wrong, I like those, but I wouldn't mind some diversity in the female part of the crew. Males all differ from one another in build. Women look the same.
    Totally agree with you Razh, I'm not complaining, but if the next woman who joins could have a more unique look like the gender-bender supernovas that would be suuuuuuupeeeer~~ *Franky pose*
    Spoiler show
    The three brothers

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it should be a loli, just saying....But seriously I agree, all the women in SHs and in OP in general look the same. For once I want to see a woman with unique features, kinda like in Amazon Lily. Maybe she should be buffed like the Amazon from Dragon's crown

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast