Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does nobody want Rebecca to join the Strawhats?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does nobody want that Rebecca joins the Strawhat?

And what will be Rebecca's reason for joining? And what will be her dream/goal?

Luffy - Pirate King, Zoro - Best Swordsman, Nami - Map of the World etc.

I don't think Luffy will invite her to the crew either.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post

etc. ? What is frankys Chopper and Usopps dream/goal? Franky's dream is already done, he built the best ship in the world. ....?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky's dream was to build a ship that can sail around the world.... it'll only be fulfilled once Luffy reaches Raftel (officially) and maybe when he goes back to water 7 in the same ship (technically).

If I remember right, Chopper's was to find the cure for all illnesses and be the best doctor; and Usopp wanted to be a brave warrior of the sea (might see more development out of him when he goes to Elbaf).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    etc. ? What is frankys Chopper and Usopps dream/goal? Franky's dream is already done, he built the best ship in the world. ....?
    Chopper wants to become a great doctor/possibly the world's greatest doctor, and Usopp's dream is to become a brave warrior of the sea. And Franky's dream isn't complete yet, he still has to sail his ship through the grandline to prove that it is the best.

What goal does Rebecca have besides defeating Dofla? I would much rather see a dwarf join than a copy of a weak and boring character from Alabasta.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If she were to join, it would mean both king Riku and Soldier failed or died and she would have nothing left to do but run. Even then, I don't see how she would be ready to abandon her people and turn into a pirate.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Although i dont mind rebecca joining, i Hope she doesent. She is more like shirahoshi from fishman arc rather than vivi. I dont think that violet will join either. Rebecca doesent have anything unique in her(well she doesnt have anything the strawhats dont). She is surely a good character and she is also brave and courageous, but i would rather see wicca join the crew than rebecca.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Because she is a boring character. We have the choice between Kinemon & Bartolomeo. Those two are far more interesting.
    My current guess for this arc is that Rebecca will eat the mera mera no mi & stay to protect her country.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Her joining would not make the least amount of sense. She is a princess of dressrosa and seeing her attitude she is likely to take up on it when the time comes. Basically, she is strawhat proof thanks to the very plot of the manga. The issue here is that her purpose in the story and joining the strawhats are mutually exclusive things. Even the fact that she lacks strangeness or something to add to the crew (its not like they need a fodder level swordswoman) is secondary to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post

I think he will. If he was willing to ask strange animals on Thriller Bark to join, he'll ask a useless character to join as long as he/she is a good person.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    Franky's dream is to sail around the world in Sunny, but he's also on the crew because he has a useful role. Almost everyone is on the crew because they fulfill some kind of role, whether it's Luffy's personal role (musician) or necessary role (shipwright). So far, Rebecca doesn't seem to be able to fulfill any role but skimpy clothes.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to now I don't see that a reason to really hate her. I don't llike her because she cries to much. I think there have been several very good reasons why she shouldn't join:

- No dream that requires sailing around, if she can live with the toy soldier she will be happy.
    - No useful ability for the crew. With the mera mera no mi she would be a additional hammer. (And the fruit is wasted on a weak character that would be killed by the first haki user she meets.
    - Competition for the next nakama is strong, Kinemon and others have travelled with them for a while and would be useful. The only point for her is that she's a girl...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL this question is absurd (no offense) but Rebecca can't hope to keep up with the strawhats' craziness!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she would only be useful when fighting invaders on Sunny. That way, she could make them fall into the sea.

That could be her role in the crew. Bouncer

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    This talk of Rebecca being a female warrior of the crew is a bit strange. Because based on what Rebecca's shown, the two females of the crew, Nami and Robin, would stomp on her. Violet seems more capable than Rebecca. If a female is to join the crew, I'd much prefer her. She has uses within battle and outside of it, and she just seems far more exciting. Add that to the fact that she doesn't have any obvious attachments to Dressrosa and she would seem like a more suitable candidate. Now of course, Violet's appearance and introduction, as an assassin, are somewhat similar to Robin's, but even so she would bring more to the crew than Rebecca, at least in my mind.
    I totally agree with you even nami who used to be in the weak trio she can totally stomp her easy with her weather technics the thing is r many ppl wants rebecca to join the crew because they want a chick to join the crew. I dont mind her to be a future ally and friend to the sh but to actual enter the crew thats a waste of a crew slot for me when there are so many ppl with more potential than rebecca for me even if oda will make her having haoushoku haki for a personal reason i still wont like rebecca as a character. You cant like all the characters there are in one piece can you?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

What's all this nonsense of Rebecca wanting to stay on Dressrosa to help out "her" people? When has Rebecca given even the slightest indication that she gives a rat's ass about Dressrosa? Why would she give a rat's ass about a country that's treated her like shit for years? What, suddenly because it'll come to light that the people were deceived by Doflamingo she'll smile and say "lol, no big deal! lemme be princess!"? Chances are, yeah, she may want to do that. Maybe. If Oda wants to write a bad story. However, I haven't seen anything in the manga that points to this. It's plausible that she doesn't even know she's a princess to begin with!

People who say she's a Vivi clone are out of their mind. Vivi was loved by her country and its inhabitants and she loved her country in return, to the point where she was willing to risk her life for it. The only thing Rebecca has in common with her is that they are of royal blood due to heritage. Rebecca is "princess" only in blood and heritage, but has she ever even been given the title? Does she even want it? Everybody just seems to be assuming here Rebecca even wants to be princess and rule Dressrosa at all. I can't see it. She hasn't given any indication of even caring about Dressrosa, she wants to beat Doflamingo so she can live with Toy Soldier, and that's it. Dressrosa doesn't even come into the equation.
    Last edited by Keeper of Jericho; November 08, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    What's all this nonsense of Rebecca wanting to stay on Dressrosa to help out "her" people? When has Rebecca given even the slightest indication that she gives a rat's ass about Dressrosa? Why would she give a rat's ass about a country that's treated her like shit for years? What, suddenly because it'll come to light that the people were deceived by Doflamingo she'll smile and say "lol, no big deal! lemme be princess!"? Chances are, yeah, she may want to do that. Maybe. If Oda wants to write a bad story. However, I haven't seen anything in the manga that points to this. It's plausible that she doesn't even know she's a princess to begin with!

People who say she's a Vivi clone are out of their mind. Vivi was loved by her country and its inhabitants and she loved her country in return, to the point where she was willing to risk her life for it. The only thing Rebecca has in common with her is that they are of royal blood due to heritage. Rebecca is "princess" only in blood and heritage, but has she ever even been given the title? Does she even want it? Everybody just seems to be assuming here Rebecca even wants to be princess and rule Dressrosa at all. I can't see it. She hasn't given any indication of even caring about Dressrosa, she wants to beat Doflamingo so she can live with Toy Soldier, and that's it. Dressrosa doesn't even come into the equation.
    Way to simplify things. What about her gladiator buddies she's trying to save? She gives an impression of someone who is enduring everything for a chance to save her land. Remember this Soldier guy, who raised her and who is just talking how Dofla fucked up Riku in this last chapter? Don't you think he might have made Rebecca completely aware of past events? Especially since her only goal is to take down Dofla.

And if she doesn't know she's a princess, then she's really a special kind of retarded - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/721/20

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Way to simplify things. What about her gladiator buddies she's trying to save? She gives an impression of someone who is enduring everything for a chance to save her land. Remember this Soldier guy, who raised her and who is just talking how Dofla fucked up Riku in this last chapter? Don't you think he might have made Rebecca completely aware of past events? Especially since her only goal is to take down Dofla.

And if she doesn't know she's a princess, then she's really a special kind of retarded - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/721/20
    Yeah no, her only desire she has expressed so far is to live with Toy Soldier. Nowhere has she given ANY, not even the slightest, indication that she's fighting for Dressrosa. She fights for herself, for her own chance of happiness with Toy Soldier. Anything else is pure speculation on your part.

Also, given how dangerous it was to be related to Riku, you don't think Toy Soldier would have thought it wise NOT to tell this to a young child who may reveal her lineage by accident to a populace that hates said lineage? We haven't been given any indication that Rebecca's even aware of her relationship to Riku before she wound up as a gladiator. Remember how she and her mother didn't live at the palace but in a small house somewhere in Dressrosa? Why would that be? It's clear Rebecca didn't live the princess life before Doflamingo came to Dressrosa. We aren't even sure what exactly Toy Soldier's relationship to Riku is. Is Rebecca related to Riku via Toy Soldier or via her mother? We don't know. Alson, despite knowing of her lineage now, she didn't give any sign of recognising Ricky, even if just him feeling or his voice sounding familiar as her grandfather? But nope, nothing. She clearly didn't know him.

So no, her not knowing wouldn't be her being a retard, it would make sense given the circumstances she grew up with and what we know so far of her childhood. It's very possible that she learned of her lineage simply by the jeering of the masses in the coloseum, but not before that. Her entire life, after her mother died, was centered around Toy Soldier. That was made very clear. Rebecca fights for him, that she said so herself. Never, not even once, has she said "I wanna fight to make Dressrosa a better place!", not even given the indication that she was interested in that! If she did, it'd like to be shown where. Perhaps my memory is failing me. I tend to doubt it, though.
    Last edited by Keeper of Jericho; November 08, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast