Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: New to Hunter x Hunter - Quick Question

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New to Hunter x Hunter - Quick Question

Just recently started watching the Hunter x Hunter anime. I actually read much of the manga about a decade ago, but never saw the original anime adaptation, or the new one. Normally, I wouldn't let my curiosity get the best of me, but I'm having a hard time letting this one go.

When Gon and Killua are training with Bisky in order to defeat Knuckle and Shoot so that Netero will allow them in the Ant battle thingy, Bisky says something like, "Mark my words, Killua, you will leave Gon to die some day." whilst criticizing his apparent weaknesses. Was that meant as an actual prophecy, or was it more like a warning?

I imagine it's the latter, but I would like to know. Only looking for vague answers. Nothing too in depth as far as the story line itself is heading. If it DOES actually happen, I just want to know it, WITHOUT ruining it.

Appreciate it. New to the forum, obviously, so please let me know if I am breaking some kind of rule, or taboo or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Hunter x Hunter - Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by Darwking Duck View Post
    Just recently started watching the Hunter x Hunter anime. I actually read much of the manga about a decade ago, but never saw the original anime adaptation, or the new one. Normally, I wouldn't let my curiosity get the best of me, but I'm having a hard time letting this one go.

When Gon and Killua are training with Bisky in order to defeat Knuckle and Shoot so that Netero will allow them in the Ant battle thingy, Bisky says something like, "Mark my words, Killua, you will leave Gon to die some day." whilst criticizing his apparent weaknesses. Was that meant as an actual prophecy, or was it more like a warning?

I imagine it's the latter, but I would like to know. Only looking for vague answers. Nothing too in depth as far as the story line itself is heading. If it DOES actually happen, I just want to know it, WITHOUT ruining it.

Appreciate it. New to the forum, obviously, so please let me know if I am breaking some kind of rule, or taboo or something.
    Killua faces this situation in 3 major moments throughout the Ant arc, but it is ultimately the Election arc that Killua must face this prophecy and try to defy it.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Plepple's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply.

Biscuit meant that Killua's fear of the unknown and his propensity to escape such situations could one day be the death of Gon. Whether it's a warning or some kind of prophecy (or something else) is another debate. Personally, I think that Biscuit, being the very experienced fighter that she is, recognizes the conundrum and tells Killua what will eventually happen. Killua and Gon face life and death situations very often, so it's not a leap of faith to claim that there will eventually come a situation when Gon, who trusts Killua to keep his back, has his expectations betrayed and dies as a result.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darwking Duck View Post

Its foreshadowing (kinda). Its just saying if Killua doesn't overcome his fears of fighting strong opponent he'll leave gon to fight them alone and let him die.

New Reply