Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: other SnK like manga?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: other SnK like manga?

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Doesn't matter.
    Even without an end, it's still the best manga!

Anyway, have some faith.
    Miura will definitely finish it!
    AGREED! Just started reading it again and I plan on watching the movies that were released.

Guts probably my favorite character ever he is the ultimate Anti-Hero. The best way I can describe him to a SnK reader that has never read Berserk is take Eren and all his emotional issues and instability and multiple it by 10 what Eren went through is nothing compared to the torment and horror that this man has dealt with and it shows one minute the guy is calm as a cucumber, the next minute he is smiling and killing people the next minute he could be sobbing he's literally insane Add in Irwins ability to throw away his humanity and sacrifice whatever he had to get the job and multiple that by 10, and he's not doing it for mankind he is doing it for revenge, he will literally step over a pile of corpses to get what he wants he will use a child as a shield to get his enemy to drop their guard to get a killing blow. And give him Levi's fighting prowess and multiply that by 10 and you have Guts and no i'm not joking and yes he's a regular human just ridiculously bad ass the guy lives to fight and in his early years all he had was his sword he would go out and fight a battle then come back and start training and swinging a giant sword around to get stronger and stronger.

Actually its too bad he wasn't in SnK as he could easily kill regular titans by himself with no 3DMG and would be able to take out a 15m class titan too if it were 1v1. With 3DMG he would be unstoppable and I dare say would be able to kill Reiner in titan form and would probably be able to smash Annie out of her crystal too.

I'm sure my fellow Berserk readers would agree with me on these points . Hope this will entice some people to start reading

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can recommend Claymore

Overall good quality, slightly faster release rate than SnK,
    144 chapters out and good scanlation groups imo [MiB].

-Human eating Monsters (with intelligence though)
    -Badass Warriors (all female though - but with the best possible explanation for it )
    -Mysterious Organisation behind it.

Has like Gantz a good Anime for the early Chapters but it ends like
    it with "filler" (about the last 1,5 or 2,5 episodes).

Also imo SnK has quite a bit in common with the TV show Battlestar Galactica:
    Hummans getting attacked after decades of Peace and are now
    at the threat of extinction, undercover agents and the overall mature theme
    that you mentioned you like in SnK so you should give it a try if you haven't yet
    it's also unlike Berserk or Claymore complete.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gmuni's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    I can recommend Claymore

Overall good quality, slightly faster release rate than SnK,
    144 chapters out and good scanlation groups imo [MiB].
    No it doesn't, Claymore is monthly but only 20 pages and I thought a month for 45 pages of SnK was painful.

Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ended up watching the anime and reading Gantz it was pretty freaking awesome, although it could be very slow at times the times when there was action it was pretty awesome. The last 80 issues were pretty intense and defiantly worth trudging through some of the more monotonous issues. Def made it into my top 5 mangas (Berserk still being #1)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akame ga Kiru?
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. They are both amazing and very deep, you should check them both out.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Apparently people compare this to Claymore.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not a big anime freak (i.e., I haven't seen 200, 500, or 1000). I've seen probably about 50, and I saw Shingeki no Kyojin before I saw Claymore, but though the former might be my favorite anime, Claymore is definitely my favorite manga. And I see the two shows as being closer than anything I've experienced in anime/manga.

I wish I existed in the Shingeki no Kyojin world. I'd kill all the titans. I just hope that "The Organization" doesn't exist in that world.
    Galarene <3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thestalker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is the reason I finally made an account on this website! I've been a long time lurker, but have never bothered to make an account or post anything. That is until I saw so many recommendations for berserk in this thread.
    When I first read so many recommendations, I thought "oh man, over hyped manga time." . But once I decided to actually read berserk, I discovered it was even better than you guys had hyped it up to be. So... THANKS!

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2