Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Striking resemblance!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Striking resemblance!

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/544/10

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/540/5

Super striking resemblance if you ask me.

Bambietta who is an old quincy since I believe the quincy we are seeing are actually all dead from 1000 years ago and are merely "shadows" of their former self.

and then namaiya who is super old considered he invented zanpaktous, just so happens to have asauchi assistants that resemble bambietta's assistants.

What do you guys think?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Striking resemblance!

Really don't think it's anything, Kubo's females all share characteristics.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well these aren't even that similar if you ask me. Sure, it's 4 women but beyond that...

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of connections between characters, in the coming chapters. But to be honest i think im wishful thinking lol
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think nothing of it, it's Kubo's drawing style.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get what your point is honestly. What exactly are you implying their resemblance signifies?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a huge connection between souls of quincy and shinigami. I think they all lived in seiretei and the quincy were rebels that were exiled to the human world. Nimaiya created the sword for shinigami, but why aren't we asking how quincy's have swords as well?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am confused now. I thought you were saying something about those quincy girls resembling nimaiya's zampakuto. How do we get to something like quincy at some point living together with shinigami? Even if those girls were similar to nimaiya's zampakuto (which I don't think they are anyways), I don't see how you could possibly make such a connection. It would appear to be an entirely different topic to be honest.

Also, quincy do have swords but having swords and having zampakuto are two entirely different things. There is no indication that the weapons used by quincy so far are in any way even vaguely similar to zampakuto. Cang du didn't even suspect bankai were alive so I doubt they would have similar weapons themselves. I doubt shinigami even invented swords as a whole, its extremely likely they simply invented zampakuto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think each quincy soul are actually a fragment of every shinigami soul that was created by the king of souls. the royal guards all created something in SS and I think the king of soul actually created a hybrid (shinigami and quincy) before anything but then it split in two. I think juha bach and yamamoto are the descendants that are parallel to each other. I think these bambietta girls are the mirror of namaiya's bodyguards.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be extremely specific lol. Anyways, the parallels would not really work. Nimaiya's "guard" are not a guard, they are zampakuto. In the scenario you describe those five would be a reflection of a single shinigami's zampakuto, not of an actual shinigami.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

For one thing, there are 4 Bambi girls and 5 Nimaiya girls. The creppy one appeared afer those 4.

Well, if it turns out you were right, you should go play lottery or something

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't agree on the 2 sets of girls being related, I do have an alternative theory on the relationship between Quincies and Shinigami; I think Shinigami (those which aren't the offspring of other Shinigami) may well be dead Quincies. Basically, if you're Human you eventually become a Hollow when you die, but if you're a Quincy you become a Shinigami after passing through to the Soul Society; this would explain what is meant by 'opposites' too (i.e. one's living, one's dead)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Although I don't agree on the 2 sets of girls being related, I do have an alternative theory on the relationship between Quincies and Shinigami; I think Shinigami (those which aren't the offspring of other Shinigami) may well be dead Quincies. Basically, if you're Human you eventually become a Hollow when you die, but if you're a Quincy you become a Shinigami after passing through to the Soul Society; this would explain what is meant by 'opposites' too (i.e. one's living, one's dead)...
    Well, normal souls in Rukongai are able to become shinigami if their innate spiritual power is good enough (which should be so for Quincies). I don't think it's just dead Quincy -> Shinigami, but dead Quincy -> normal soul -> Shinigami. It'd be weird to have shinigami popping up.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Well, normal souls in Rukongai are able to become shinigami if their innate spiritual power is good enough (which should be so for Quincies). I don't think it's just dead Quincy -> Shinigami, but dead Quincy -> normal soul -> Shinigami. It'd be weird to have shinigami popping up.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear; you're absolutely right!!! Basically, a Human would die and, unless he/she became a Hollow, they would go to the Soul Society and reside there as a normal spirit indefinitely. Quincies, however, would die and upon going to the Soul Society would reside there as a spirit (although not a Shinigami yet) with latent powers.

Interestingly enough, if this were the case, it would imply that Juhabach is the progenitor of not only the Quincies, but Shinigami as well!!! This could very well explain why he's so determined to overthrow the Soul King!!! This may also explain the origin of the name "Quincy" and the 5-pointed star that is their emblem; the star may represent the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King in the centre!!! In short, Juhabach is so hell-bent on claiming the throne that is rightfully his that he named his race and symbolises them with something representing the Royal Dimension!!!!!

Hell, this is beginning to make a lot of sense!!! I think I'll stick to my guns with this theory!!!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day we saw that mayuri paid shinigami to be late in the aid of quincy that were attacked by hollows so that he could collect their souls and study them. I would argue that implies quincy to keep their quincy abilities after death. If quincy turned into normal pluses upon death then there would have been no reason for mayuri to bisect every last one of them. Ukitake also said that the ryoka gang could eventually join SS and apparently the late fullbringers are preparing to fight the quincy too. It seems that most people to some degree get to keep their powers when they die. The situation might be ambiguous with fullbringers but with quincy we are talking about a type of soul altogether. Pluses or human souls seem to have the ability to turn into any other type of soul however we have never actually seen or heard of the process of an spiritually awakened soul reverting to a plus (which is what would allow for it to turn into something else). Of course, we don't even know if pluses actually turn into quincy. It has been suggested pluses could turn into shinigami however we have yet to see someone without spiritual awareness turning into a quincy. Its also plausible that pluses never get to become shinigami at all, perhaps spiritual awareness is something you either have or don't.

New Reply