Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] The Gamer by Sung San-Young & Sang-Ah

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] The Gamer by Sung San-Young & Sang-Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Well, defense would be my concern. Jeans and a t-shirt works for everyday life but not so much when getting swarmed by mobs. Maybe he can 'craft' his own outfits by imbuing them with magical defenses of some sort? I think taking a look at the catalog would be a good idea just to start off from. I don't recommend doing it from his phone though... who knows what kind of magical 'virus' has been developed to 'track' you.

I noticed you mentioned mana regen. Saw that on the hammer did you, even though Jee han didn't mention that? That could be handy as well for him. Still think WIS can help him with mana regen too.
    Magical tracking virus...activate.

Yeah, I did. It looked like something a cleric might use, not a mage, given that a lot of clerics wear heavy armor and wield maces/hammers to supplement their spell casting.

WIS should help with that, but we don't really know what stats really do, other than the obvious.

A staff would also boost his Int. It would be interesting to know whether you need a natural 90 to learn the Chunbomoon skill or whether a boosted 90 is enough.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok Ch.31 is out and i posted before that the author should make monster drop weapon i even give an example like mjolnir from Dota and it has active spell chain lightning and then the ogre drop a hammer Close enough

also it looks like we will see the Trading Gamer Style hahahaha
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 07, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It was stupid to give up the hammer in a way.
    It seems to have an ability to hit ghosts maybe . It would have been netter to lend it to his tank during ghost dungeon . Also , i 'd like to see him learn summoning . A large part of his weaknesses would be covered if he did.

Maybe have the girl work as his tank in the ghost dungeon ??
    I'd really love an upgrade to his dungeon making skill too.

Overall an ok chapter .

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he just gives Sae-Young the hammer as a gift, it suits her pretty well and it would be neat to see if he gets a...

"Sae-Young Affection Up" message

It would be cool if there was a feature like in some RPG's where when a characters affection goes you they give your character sympathetic abilities. Like in Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2 & 3. Now that he knows he can sell that stuff, he's bound to come across more IO's he can sell, and it's not like the hammer can do him much good to him.

Even if he put all of his points into Str to use the thing with his level of Vit getting up close would be a bad idea. Even if he wanted some up close range ability it would be better for him to spec some Dex (which he can boost +48% with his buff), a little bit of Vit, and then just keep going for more Intelligence. If he brings his Dex up to 40 and then uses Chunbu Breathing. He'll have the equivalent of 60 Dex. That should make Dex based Melee and Ranged weapons very usable.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I hope he just gives Sae-Young the hammer as a gift, it suits her pretty well and it would be neat to see if he gets a...

"Sae-Young Affection Up" message

It would be cool if there was a feature like in some RPG's where when a characters affection goes you they give your character sympathetic abilities. Like in Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2 & 3. Now that he knows he can sell that stuff, he's bound to come across more IO's he can sell, and it's not like the hammer can do him much good to him.

Even if he put all of his points into Str to use the thing with his level of Vit getting up close would be a bad idea. Even if he wanted some up close range ability it would be better for him to spec some Dex (which he can boost +48% with his buff), a little bit of Vit, and then just keep going for more Intelligence. If he brings his Dex up to 40 and then uses Chunbu Breathing. He'll have the equivalent of 60 Dex. That should make Dex based Melee and Ranged weapons very usable.
    So, you might like to see like a dex/int-based sword or something, Jammin, like some games use?

I think the reason we saw "Affection Up" messages with the Mother is that the world couldn't reveal any truths about her to Jee-Han because he wasn't high enough, and still isn't high enough, level to see anything about her.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    So, you might like to see like a dex/int-based sword or something, Jammin, like some games use?

I think the reason we saw "Affection Up" messages with the Mother is that the world couldn't reveal any truths about her to Jee-Han because he wasn't high enough, and still isn't high enough, level to see anything about her.
    I would think short swords, daggers, such would all be Dex based. And it allows for greater defense because Dex almost always gives you better defense with something like Dodge or Evasion. Str is usually just raw up close damage with big weapons and no defense.

He doesn't need damage so much as defense at this point so that's definitely the way I'd lean if I felt the need to go hybrid fighter/caster.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 08, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin, that character affection feature will only works if the other party are NPCs and/or AIs. And "Affection Up" message with his mother was quest reward. To this day I've not found a game where I can get "Affection Up" message when I send a gift to somebody else... lol, I really laughed when writing this one.

The way I see it now, Jae-Han will only use INT or WIS-based weapon. His approach to fight is long-range tactic, rather than melee fight. Well, maybe he can use some ranged weapon but he'll think it's a waste if there are big status requirement.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dex could be "skill at using weapons", or even involve evading skills (although I expected there to be a separate stat for that).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Dexterity in some games it adds = Movement Speed , Attack Speed , Casting Speed ,Dodge ,Luck

i think the MC should add Dex so that his casting speed will be faster i mean if he learn more advance spells he will be channeling those and without a tank he can't cast it and in worst case if someone attack him while channeling a spell it can be cancelled his Mana Spear is an instant cast spell so he can use it freely

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Shadow View Post
    Jammin, that character affection feature will only works if the other party are NPCs and/or AIs. And "Affection Up" message with his mother was quest reward. To this day I've not found a game where I can get "Affection Up" message when I send a gift to somebody else... lol, I really laughed when writing this one.
    Really? KOTOR I & II are the first ones that jumps to my mind. It's sometimes phrased a little differently though. Affection Points are what KOTOR called them if I remember correctly. It wasn't always when they were party members either. There were plot sections that effected even non party members affinity.

And, yeah, this is a gloriously nerdy area of conversation.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Dexterity in some games it adds = Movement Speed , Attack Speed , Casting Speed ,Dodge ,Luck

i think the MC should add Dex so that his casting speed will be faster i mean if he learn more advance spells he will be channeling those and without a tank he can't cast it and in worst case if someone attack him while channeling a spell it can be cancelled his Mana Spear is an instant cast spell so he can use it freely
    Ah I hadn't considered casting speed, that would be a huge benfit.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Ah I hadn't considered casting speed, that would be a huge benfit.
    It also depends on how it works. Jee-Han doesn't really seem to use his hands all that much, so maybe if he improved his casting speed, things would go better. Look at Byakuya. When he just used his mind to control Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, it was far less effective than when he used his hands.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Incidentally i am itching to see a fight between the main with another guy fro abyss beacause so far we have been seeing fights with zombies or ogre or something.... wish he gets strong enough soon to fight on his own with the avg level guys in abyss and situation comes where he fights .

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, that is probably when we will find out he can rez. Or should I say fortunately? Right now he is just fighting under highly controlled situations and I'm not sure he could take a real attack from a skilled individual who actually intends to kill him. I'm sure he could surprise someone, but really skilled individuals will take 'surprise events' in stride.

---------- Post added April 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was April 08, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

Chapter 32 [RAW] is out!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Wowzers; April 10, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Jammin; April 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast