Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: [Webtoon] The Gamer by Sung San-Young & Sang-Ah

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] The Gamer by Sung San-Young & Sang-Ah

Wow, first let me thank Jammin for recommanding this manwha in his signature!

Second, I never expected him to put everything in INT.
    I thought he would stop at 90 to get the Divine Spell, or 100 to get the Second Mana Affinity skill.

Honestly, I think it's really a mistake.
    131 in INT, but still in the low 10s in everything else...

You can't survive in any game with that kind of stats. He definitely need some VIT or AGI.
    As of now, any boss can one-shot him, he's just been very lucky not to get hit by them.

PS: If Int also help him get more MP, then what the hell is WIS?

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiranor View Post
    Mangacow dropping GoH is logical, line webtoons don't have any delay anymore, latest chapter is already available in english.

But The Gamer is only at chapter 7.
    Not really. The "official" translations are horrible.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Most of us think that WIS would improve his MP regeneration rate, plus it would make him wiser, which would help him strategize better or make better decisions in general.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

He has become a nerd ... igh ..... I think Gaia has done some mistake in identifying a person to give a gamer ability... A real gamer should have got this ability ... How he managed to play games ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh ... Its irritating... Why he had to put everything in INT ... now we will never know a wise Jee han or a strong one or an agile one .... or for that matters..a lucky one..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    He has become a nerd ... igh ..... I think Gaia has done some mistake in identifying a person to give a gamer ability... A real gamer should have got this ability ... How he managed to play games ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh ... Its irritating... Why he had to put everything in INT ... now we will never know a wise Jee han or a strong one or an agile one .... or for that matters..a lucky one..
    i want to see a lucky one.....130 points in luck...gief please...

Also i think we will see a reset and another gamer...in this chapter also, this noona tried to distribute points, but her brother stoped her, i have feeling Jee Hans ability can be spread if you play along with it, you join party, you gain level and after your first distribution u can acces some of its features.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter is out .... http://mngacow.com/The-Gamer/47/?all

I eat my words back...

WHAT THE FACKSSSSSS..... Psychokinesis ....... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...... Thats the coolest ..... oh yeah baby ... way to go ....

And mana regeneration as well.....

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

On a second thought .... he could have stopped at 100 and still got the same abilities... still a moron.,...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, first let me thank Jammin for recommanding this manwha in his signature!
    You are very welcome. This manwha is my true love.

Second, I never expected him to put everything in INT.
    I thought he would stop at 90 to get the Divine Spell, or 100 to get the Second Mana Affinity skill.

Honestly, I think it's really a mistake.
    131 in INT, but still in the low 10s in everything else...

You can't survive in any game with that kind of stats. He definitely need some VIT or AGI.
    As of now, any boss can one-shot him, he's just been very lucky not to get hit by them.

I was hoping he'd do it as I'm a huge advocate of the glass cannon.

Sure in practical terms it's a dangerous choice but it's a fun choice too. As a part of a group he is going to be a force of nature. He is going to do so much damage and have so many crazy abilities. Sure a high level mosquito could probably kill him but he'll level so much faster with all that raw casting power. His healing ability is also going to be extremely strong. Which is good because I have a feeling he's going to be less solo stuff as the series goes on.

Wisdom has to either be resistances or increased MP regeneration rates. A lot of times it also governs ability with healer type spells but apparently intelligence does that in Gamer.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, so Mana Affinity 2 (Medium Mana), Psychokinesis, and increased Mana Regen. Not bad. Still, he could've gotten more out of merely getting his Int to 100 and then putting points elsewhere.

As to the Sae-Young level thing, I think it was supposed to say that she was 41 a few chapters ago, not 38, which was lower than the previously established 39.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, if he was a Skyrim character he would die very quickly. Glass Cannons needs a lot of help to be effective in battle and I dont think Gnome is enough. He will need a trainer to reset him skill point or he needs to die once so he knows how bad his build is (im sure he will come back to life).

Telekinesis - thats an awesome skill. I wonder if he can fly with it. That would be awesome (ala Chronicle).
    Medium Mana - Shouldnt this say Mana Medium?
    Mana Regen - Always good.

I still dont get what the game function of WIS is. WIS 6.6, that is pitiful. I wonder if this is reason why he is acting irrational. He should have all base stats around 20 or 30 before pouring all his skill pts to INT. Sooner or later he will understand his weakness and spread his points around.
    Trafalgar Law is the new Shichibukai. He cut down the samurai from Wano. 2-15-12

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I've to admit that I was somewhat pleased with his choice. I'm a fan of the style, particularly for group action. And it seems as though he's going to get a lot of that, it's always useful for gaining experience, which is primarily what he's been focused on in these early stages. And with his group being composed of predominantly martial artists, it seems to be an ideal fit. I'm also curious to see if he takes on the Chunbu Divine Technique.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice chapter, but I admit I'm still curious to know what is the purpose of wisdom, since he WIS is crap.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

On a second thought .... he could have stopped at 100 and still got the same abilities... still a moron.,...
    well he's not a moron but he practically cheat again

leveling his INT means his mana shield grows stronger and added more duration that means he can use mana shield longer per cast

for example level 8 mana shields duration is 3 mins per cast but he leveled up his INT making the duration longer maybe 5 mins? that means per cast he saved 68 mana

i think the MC will just tank now to level up his mana shield and because of the INT factor the shield becomes more thicker

that means if the MC put stats on INT his shield defense will be higher and if he level up his shield has the same effect then what the MC will do it level it up both practically making his shield the best
    Last edited by kidopitz27; July 24, 2014 at 08:24 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kay well firstly I need to point out the mistakes. The girls level is all over the place. Second I feel they screwed up his stats, meaning I thought he had 60 stats awhile ago, has gained like 4 levels recently so he should be at like 80 points saved up. Plus he gains 10% bonus stats from his martial arts. He had 66 (60 without buff) plus 80 and then 10% he should be at like 154. Now I liked something happened plot wise, but cant stand his choice in stat allocation. He had 31 point or something effectively wasted in INT since the bonus's occured at 100. I love playing mage class in video games so it kills to see this. You need VIT, you WILL take a hit eventually. Next you dont sacrifice crazy damage, but you want armor, dodge, resists. That comes from DEX. Lastly if he himself knows wisdom actually makes you more intelligent, why not put points in that for your general life. Grr irks me alot. But I also want to see his ESP.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post

leveling his INT means his mana shield grows stronger and added more duration that means he can use mana shield longer per cast

for example level 8 mana shields duration is 3 mins per cast but he leveled up his INT making the duration longer maybe 5 mins? that means per cast he saved 68 mana

i think the MC will just tank now to level up his mana shield and because of the INT factor the shield becomes more thicker

that means if the MC put stats on INT his shield defense will be higher and if he level up his shield has the same effect then what the MC will do it level it up both practically making his shield the best
    Ahm, no, i disagree, if you consider mob grinding than that may be fine, case he oneshot them all, but his main consern should be PvP.
    If there is already powerfull wisards, then there is also a countermeasures developed against them, the most basic one of them would be silence. The moment he got silenced, he is dead. And thats only the basic one, there is spell immun, dispell, spellpierce and add here the variety of crowd controll spells. As halfcrzy posted above, you WILL get your defence crushed at one point, so it is always better to have an options anda back up plan (yes, i know he still got invible hat). Right now he is enjoying himself to much and thats why he careless, there is a reason why he got his ability and i doubt it will be as simple as to just have fun with friends, and he is bound to fight against other users, so maybe when he meet a couple of them and will be saved (or not) he start think more about his build and about the whole situation his in right now.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Its not actually cheating, as I have mentioned in my past post few weeks back that its one of a strategy to move in games. You overpower yourself with either STR or INT at your given level which helps to gain levels faster thus you can obtain stat points faster which can be assigned to other things like VIT or WIS as suited to your game play and the conditions. Basically when I play games I dont give points to these until it is mandatory for some quest or levels or to defeat some boss or to acquire certain skills... His levels should have put some limits on the assignment as well like a prompt saying " To put more stat points in INT you need to raise your level"

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    i have feeling Jee Hans ability can be spread if you play along with it, you join party, you gain level and after your first distribution u can acces some of its features.
    I wonder if his ability can be spread to an extent that they can also get a skill book and learn... and they can if with a prompt to distribute their points they have a prompt with skill lists as well there .,... He will be in so much demand just by that in Abyss.... hahaha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProxAlestorm View Post
    Really nice chapter, but I admit I'm still curious to know what is the purpose of wisdom, since he WIS is crap.
    Yes, I'm curious too. Normally, a warrior/tank invest in strength and vitality. A thief/archer is investing in dexterity/agility and vitality.
    A mage is supposed to invest in intelligence AND wisdom. Any other way of doing things is normally creating a broken character.
    I expect wisdom to allow the creation of new skills even more easily by combining known skills and wisdom should affect mana consumption one way or another. I expect skills to cost less with wisdom.

I loved the stats from the girl. She is a monster. Strength + dexterity + vitality ... some kind of "speedy tank".

New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34