Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    Can people stop posting spoilers and just offer links instead? I keep checking to see if anyone has translated it and I don't want to be spoiled in the process.
    Yes I agree, while I understand that some people are content with reading summaries and raws I prefer scans myself and constantly check this thread for scan links.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder Historia is such a Psycho.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MajiinX View Post
    Yes I agree, while I understand that some people are content with reading summaries and raws I prefer scans myself and constantly check this thread for scan links.
    Currently, the latest post is a link to 4chan where one can apparently find the chapter translated one page at a time, if you're up for that.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I should clarify: It's not the smoothest reading experience, so you might want to wait a little longer.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Currently, the latest post is a link to 4chan where one can apparently find the chapter translated one page at a time, if you're up for that.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I should clarify: It's not the smoothest reading experience, so you might want to wait a little longer.
    Yea I have a hard time sifting through 4chan. Hopefully somebody will put it up somewhere more organized.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

4chan is a mess. Better wait someone put a link here instead of trying to grab the chapter there and finding a ton os spoilers in the process...
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the 52 raw is http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/52
    anyone knows any translated one yet?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just need the last translated page now and I got them all in order and ready to upload.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ich Mag.

Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My comment.
    Spoiler show
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, not many developments and certainly not my favorite chapter (specially if we consider the last 2 did not have much action) however there are several things worth talking about.

The first is that the chapter basically confirms that the enemy beyond the walls is in control of the government. Pastor nick was deemed a traitor and was dealt with as such. Its kind of a shame though, he was a simple man of simple faith. To be tortured and killed just like that is way worst than he deserved. And the gang lost someone who actually had info on the walls and could lead them to people that knew what was going on.

The second thing worth commenting on is historia's past. Very messed up to say the least. I wonder what the exact nature of the farm was.... It seemed like everyone there actually thought the people within the farm were in some form trouble. As if they were human garbage. On the other hand they weren't just killed.... Did the reiss guys pork so much around that they needed a farm to throw bastards into? I doubt it... Perhaps the farm as a whole was the means to give historia and her mom some level of comfort while keeping them away from everyone? It is a tad weird that historia herself was such an issue though. Her mom had the reiss name and so did her dad but why is her being borned such an unconformable situation? Her mom said that if she had the courage to kill her she wouldn't be there however it does not appear as if there is any inherent danger to historia herself, a child ignorant of the wall. Even today it does not appear as if she has some important knowledge about the walls, it appears as if she simply has the knowledge to point everyone in the right direction of the enemy within the walls (which would be the reiss family).

Interestingly it does appear as if both her parents actually had some level of love for her. The mother, who was still a bitch for the treatment she gave historia, did stay with her even if she was miserable and her last act was certainly aimed at historia surviving. Perhaps she recented historia because her birth actually drove her away for some reason from a more comfortable lifestyle. And her father who spared her at the last minute under a sick condition. Well, perhaps saying it was love is too great a compliment for either of them however they must have felt something for historia if both of them went out of their way to keep her alive.

So the question is, how do they move against the two enemies? I guess the best practical approach would be the immediate recovery of the wall and seeing what is in the basement however eren is not yet aware of how to control titans or harden his skin. If they do that they will gather even more intel and be regarded as heroes by everyone, the enemy's capacity to move against eren will be severely limited. The other course of action would be to move directly against the reiss guys and kidnap them. They certainly have info, if they get it out of them it will be a huge step forward in fighting all the enemies.

I do wonder how the police intents on dealing with eren though. The scouting legion guys are the ones that fight titans and the ones with experience, can the military police have a chance against eren? Even if they did it does appear as if the scouting legion backs up eren.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one thinking the way Historia was drawn resembles the way the Woman on the Engravings of the Wall Emblems are?

Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well killing bastard children was a common thing among noble houses...
    Quote Quote:
    Even today it does not appear as if she has some important knowledge about the walls, it appears as if she simply has the knowledge to point everyone in the right direction of the enemy within the walls (which would be the reiss family).
    Pastor Nick had already pointed out this when he spoke about Christa/Historia's familly a few chapters ago.

The only thing her mother ever showed was disgust, probably because she lost her status quo after giving birth to a bastard daughter. And her father was a coward.

Quote Quote:
    Am I the only one thinking the way Historia was drawn resembles the way the Woman on the Engravings of the Wall Emblems are?
    Beatrice, It may makes sense if Historia's family is connected to the rulers of this land.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

Spoiler show
    now that you mention it, she kinda does look like wall emblems. It doesn't lead us to anything yet, though.

From what it looks like, Historia doesn't know anything about the wall cultists, but it is her family name and bloodline that can give her the access to this information, but it still feels shady to me... She can't just walk into the Reiss mansion with Scouting Legion, saying "Daddy, i'm home, can you tell us about the wall cult?"

I wonder if the translation of Pastor Nick's words about Historia was correct
    Last edited by ForMotherRussia; December 06, 2013 at 04:10 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they can't. But now they finally have a target and so far it looks like whoever send those torturers/killers after Pastor Nick has no idea about how much the scout legion knows.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast