Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Interestingly it does appear as if both her parents actually had some level of love for her. The mother, who was still a bitch for the treatment she gave historia, did stay with her even if she was miserable and her last act was certainly aimed at historia surviving. Perhaps she recented historia because her birth actually drove her away for some reason from a more comfortable lifestyle. And her father who spared her at the last minute under a sick condition. Well, perhaps saying it was love is too great a compliment for either of them however they must have felt something for historia if both of them went out of their way to keep her alive.
    As Das Jennir said, I don't think her mother showed anything but disgust, sadly. I got the immediate impression she used to have more freedom and high social status but lost everything and was forced to live on that farm. She clearly didn't go out of her way to keep Historia alive either. She just didn't want to get her hands dirty killing her. Very different. Her father is not much better, though he gets a point or two from me for at least exiling rather than executing her.

Quote Quote:
    So the question is, how do they move against the two enemies? I guess the best practical approach would be the immediate recovery of the wall and seeing what is in the basement however eren is not yet aware of how to control titans or harden his skin. If they do that they will gather even more intel and be regarded as heroes by everyone, the enemy's capacity to move against eren will be severely limited. The other course of action would be to move directly against the reiss guys and kidnap them. They certainly have info, if they get it out of them it will be a huge step forward in fighting all the enemies.
    While I like the idea of them making a move against the Reiss family, I don't see how they can possibly do it without just endangering themselves. :/

Especially if Eren can get his titan-controlling power under control, even retaking Wall Maria sounds easier. :S

Quote Quote:
    I do wonder how the police intents on dealing with eren though. The scouting legion guys are the ones that fight titans and the ones with experience, can the military police have a chance against eren? Even if they did it does appear as if the scouting legion backs up eren.
    I'm guessing the MPs would be turning Eren over to some secret inner group that knows how to extract the "coordinate" from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ForMotherRussia View Post
    From what it looks like, Historia doesn't know anything about the wall cultists, but it is her family name and bloodline that can give her the access to this information, but it still feels shady to me... She can't just walk into the Reiss mansion with Scouting Legion, saying "Daddy, i'm home, can you tell us about the wall cult?"
    Exactly what I was thinking. My best guess is that they can use her "bastard" status against them by threatening to have her return and bring "shame" upon the Reiss name by exposing her father's philandering. She doesn't need any proof to get people talking. Also, there are bound to be other people who know about it. Once she makes a public reappearance, everyone with a grudge against the Reiss family would be all over that kind of news, for example. Now that she's been influenced a little by Ymir, I bet she could develop the nerve to do it.
    Last edited by kannazuki; December 06, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Highgarden
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute. If Historia is an illegitimate child, how come her mother has the Reiss family name?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Wait a minute. If Historia is an illegitimate child, how come her mother has the Reiss family name?
    her father does....

oooh wee...connie's got a vendetta against "monkey trouble"
    connie has become quite relevant as of late...spy/recon secret mission,village was transformed and nao some get back...

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the dream team will have to face the MP at least once... Oh wait, who is in the MP again ? HITCH !

HITCH + JEAN CONFIRMED ! It's happening !

Nah, I'm joking, but I'm still curious to see if he will one day put a character seriously redeeming the MP...

Oh and by the way, how Levi says "Central" made me think of FMA... Again...
    You have the forces of central and the forces of the south and east in opposition (yeah because the the SL are supposed to be near Karanese).

Seems a lot like another manga with a circular country... (invert north and south though)

And Marco is a pure Maes Hugues, it's funny how I keep on linking this two mangas even if they are totally unrelated.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Highgarden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    her father does....
    Who, Historia's mum's father? ^^' (I was talking about her mother, not about Historia....)
    I was wondering if it was an awkward translation, e.g. were the mafia guys talking to her dad the whole time, or did they actually address the mom as "Reiss"- and if they did, how come?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed, the guy with the glasses in what I presume is Hanjis Team is a freaking Ninja.

Has appeared a good few times but never took spotlight.I remember him during both encounters with Annie and a good few other times.

Last edited by Beatrice; December 06, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Father Nick's torture and death troubles me a bit. "Not confessing" could mean many things, either not confessing to helping out the Scouting Legion, not confessing to Eren's location (not that he knows,) not confessing to knowing about Wall Titans, etc. I do wonder which side the Military police takes? Or at least, the afiliation of the two torturers...

And I guess that's it for Historia's little backstory. I wonder why spare Historia, cos it does seem like her 'dad' is just trying to destroy evidence and potential threats. Even if her mum did know anything, it doesn't seem Historia was let in on anything.

Overall, a slow-paced but solid build-up, at least for most of the things we need and want to know as far as the progress of the story allows. As a bonus, Hanji is cooler than usual with her showcase of information-collecting while putting up a good act in front of the two MP. RIP Nick, you're a good man.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Father Nick's torture and death troubles me a bit. "Not confessing" could mean many things, either not confessing to helping out the Scouting Legion, not confessing to Eren's location (not that he knows,) not confessing to knowing about Wall Titans, etc. I do wonder which side the Military police takes? Or at least, the afiliation of the two torturers...

And I guess that's it for Historia's little backstory. I wonder why spare Historia, cos it does seem like her 'dad' is just trying to destroy evidence and potential threats. Even if her mum did know anything, it doesn't seem Historia was let in on anything.

Overall, a slow-paced but solid build-up, at least for most of the things we need and want to know as far as the progress of the story allows. As a bonus, Hanji is cooler than usual with her showcase of information-collecting while putting up a good act in front of the two MP. RIP Nick, you're a good man.
    To be honest, this is not a really sharp guess.
    It is quite certain (for me) that it is the wall cult who sent people to kill (and torture, of course) him. For Nick, he must have spoken nothing, so nothing suspicious here.
    Just think about Nick himself, he kept his mouth shut no matter what, just so he can hide some secret, the same duty/fear applies for any insider in the Wall cult (as Nick also mentioned when he was hanged by Hanji), that's why the cult members must be very cautious, Nick immediately falls into suspicion.
    The cult members can't keep him alive, but immediately take him as spy, that's why he died so quickly.

The most suspicious bit is that how did Nick's trip being uncovered? Chance is, someone in SL is one of them.
    Last edited by lolnameless; December 07, 2013 at 04:37 AM.

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me get this straight; we know from Ymir's words a few chapters ago and from Hanji's words that 'the enemy on the outside' has infiltrators in the human government too. If that is so, why bother sending RBA to attack Wall Maria and infiltrate in the first place. Or, if they had a shortage of infiltrators inside the Walls, why have RBA make such a big ruckus in Shiganshina, when the Warriors in the government could have easily provide them the means to enter the Walls unnoticed? I don't know about you guys, but it seems this could be a plot hole in the future.

By the way, for those who don't have a clear idea on what Pastor Nick meant when he said that Historia was the only one who could tell the SL about the Walls, Titans etc, I think he wanted to tell Historia what he knew about the subject, so that she could tell the SL what she had learned. By the way, what's with the sudden Pastor Nick love? Let us not forget that he wanted Eren dead, and his cult has made it quite difficult for the Garrison to improve the Walls' defenses. I feel sorry for him only because that no one else from the Wall cult is willing to help the SL.
    My name is TheOwl, and I am OF THE NIGHT

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Let me get this straight; we know from Ymir's words a few chapters ago and from Hanji's words that 'the enemy on the outside' has infiltrators in the human government too. If that is so, why bother sending RBA to attack Wall Maria and infiltrate in the first place. Or, if they had a shortage of infiltrators inside the Walls, why have RBA make such a big ruckus in Shiganshina, when the Warriors in the government could have easily provide them the means to enter the Walls unnoticed? I don't know about you guys, but it seems this could be a plot hole in the future.

By the way, for those who don't have a clear idea on what Pastor Nick meant when he said that Historia was the only one who could tell the SL about the Walls, Titans etc, I think he wanted to tell Historia what he knew about the subject, so that she could tell the SL what she had learned. By the way, what's with the sudden Pastor Nick love? Let us not forget that he wanted Eren dead, and his cult has made it quite difficult for the Garrison to improve the Walls' defenses. I feel sorry for him only because that no one else from the Wall cult is willing to help the SL.
    I think that RBA have some different objective to the Wall Cult and others inside the walls. But are somehow connected. Either way it sure is confusing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder just what the deal is with the nobility bloodlines. They seem a little more important than just 'preserving the good family name' or 'preserving the good family fortune'. If I'm right and Maria/Sina/Rose are the link between the noble bloodlines and the titans in the wall, I wouldn't doubt it if Christa gets some titan-related ability later on.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Beatrice: As I recall, people have been calling Zoë's ninja squad member "Goggles-kun."

Quote Originally Posted by lolnameless View Post
    To be honest, this is not a really sharp guess.
    It is quite certain (for me) that it is the wall cult who sent people to kill (and torture, of course) him. For Nick, he must have spoken nothing, so nothing suspicious here.
    Just think about Nick himself, he kept his mouth shut no matter what, just so he can hide some secret, the same duty/fear applies for any insider in the Wall cult (as Nick also mentioned when he was hanged by Hanji), that's why the cult members must be very cautious, Nick immediately falls into suspicion.
    The cult members can't keep him alive, but immediately take him as spy, that's why he died so quickly.

The most suspicious bit is that how did Nick's trip being uncovered? Chance is, someone in SL is one of them.
    There is no way to be certain of who sent people after Nick yet, but I think the Church is the least likely candidate. Secretive as they are, they would surely know who they can and can't trust before divulging sensitive information to such a party in the first place. Just by giving Nick access to some/all of their secrets in the first place, they placed an enormous amount of trust in the guy. The Church is a certainly an influence on the Central government but doesn't run it, or it would be ridiculous for them to be publicly lobbying it all the time. So they wield power, but not absolute power. So I think the MPs act on behalf of Central and Central alone. The only time they would do something for the cult is at times when the cult's goals overlap with the gov't's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Zoë spoke about it this chapter, but from what words of Ymir's do we know this? IMO, RBA were not acting on behalf of anyone within the walls. They form a separate party which is probably opposed to whatever the other outside party wants, which might even have used a separate coordinate power to kill both humans who dare leave the walls, and shifters. Say for example the beast titan is colluding with somebody inside the walls, but BRY is trying to stop them. Or it could be that there's yet another force from outside the walls in addition to both the beast titan's and BRY's factions.

Quote Quote:
    This is certainly possible. Basically, he would have revealed secrets to her and she could decide whether or not to tell them. Hey, maybe she can still even pull that heritage trick on someone else in the wall cult, if they're bound by strict laws of following the words of noble house members (or sth like that). If Nick knows who she is, other cult members who are privy to the level of secrets he was should know too...

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    I think that RBA have some different objective to the Wall Cult and others inside the walls. But are somehow connected. Either way it sure is confusing.
    Yep, same here, except it's not that it's confusing so much as frustrating not knowing where to draw the lines. Is the beast titan in with them or with some other group of "traitors" within the walls? That's what I want to know most right now...

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post

Zoë spoke about it this chapter, but from what words of Ymir's do we know this? IMO, RBA were not acting on behalf of anyone within the walls. They form a separate party which is probably opposed to whatever the other outside party wants, which might even have used a separate coordinate power to kill both humans who dare leave the walls, and shifters. Say for example the beast titan is colluding with somebody inside the walls, but BRY is trying to stop them. Or it could be that there's yet another force from outside the walls in addition to both the beast titan's and BRY's factions

This is certainly possible. Basically, he would have revealed secrets to her and she could decide whether or not to tell them. Hey, maybe she can still even pull that heritage trick on someone else in the wall cult, if they're bound by strict laws of following the words of noble house members (or sth like that). If Nick knows who she is, other cult members who are privy to the level of secrets he was should know too...
    I was talking about this. Their strength is absolute, be it within or beyond the Walls there's no place for me to run. But it could be that Ymir and Hanji are referring to different factions.

Quote Quote:
    Confusing indeed. I wonder how many factions are playing at this game, and how powerful is the Scouting Legion in comparison to the other factions. They always seem to be in the brink of disbanding, but they have humanity's best soldiers at their disposal, a Titan Shifter, and Pixis' (and whatever part of the Garrison he commands) support. That must surely count, no?

As for their objectives, I can't really imagine what those might be. Considering how badly they wanted the coordinate, and how they wouldn't bother with the Walls if it weren't for it, RBA's factions seems to want to kill all the Titans. As for the others, I have no idea.
    My name is TheOwl, and I am OF THE NIGHT

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope this manga wont turn into Game of thrones. There are shitloads of similarities so far. Characters being killed, conspiracies and treason, one of the main characters gets his hand cut off...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ForMotherRussia View Post
    I just hope this manga wont turn into Game of thrones. There are shitloads of similarities so far. Characters being killed, conspiracies and treason, one of the main characters gets his hand cut off...
    I see nothing wrong with something having similarities to Game of Thrones
    Last edited by epictoads; December 07, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast