Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Its only been 100 years since the WALL was made...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Its only been 100 years since the WALL was made...

How come nobody knows (excluding the cult) about how it was made?

Don't they have grannys or story's from the grannys of their grannys about how the wall was made? (ironically, I can't remember any old people in the story other than Pixis).
    Did they kill all the people that knows the story of it? Or any record books or history? I mean, 100 years isn't that long for records to be lost unless it is intentionally destroyed.

Did I miss something?
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Its only been 100 years since the WALL was made...

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredTitan View Post

Don't they have grannys or story's from the grannys of their grannys about how the wall was made? (ironically, I can't remember any old people in the story other than Pixis).
    Did they kill all the people that knows the story of it? Or any record books or history? I mean, 100 years isn't that long for records to be lost unless it is intentionally destroyed.

Did I miss something?
    It's not a great problem. My homecountry is just 90 years old and there are things in the past which aren't even 70 years old but except of some people who work in the archives nobody knows the real history. That's being brainwashed. The state used everything in it's hands to do so. Why shouldn't this also be done in the Kingdom, in these rather harsh times. It's possible that they had access to drastic measures. I can think of "Old people can't work but just eat, and there are too much people in here. Let us use them to recapture Wall Maria, or even take back was once was ours!" yeah, something like that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredTitan View Post

Did I miss something?
    Just because Isayama hasn't showed us anything, it doesn't mean that there are none. Records of the outside world were actually destroyed by the government, as stated in the first chapter. Oh and take a look at this, if you already haven't .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Just because Isayama hasn't showed us anything, it doesn't mean that there are none. Records of the outside world were actually destroyed by the government, as stated in the first chapter. Oh and take a look at this, if you already haven't .
    Ohh nice.
    So it seems like, 100 years ago, they found these WALLS already standing.
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If the upside-down writing in the inside covers of every volume is true, the walls were already there, and the people who took refuge there came on ships from an "old world" to this "new world" (新天地). I highly recommend this thread for more on this.

New Reply