Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: New Theory of the Races and the True Motive of the Blood War

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

New Theory of the Races and the True Motive of the Blood War

Hi folks,

I've recently had a change of mind when it comes to the theory behind the origins of the Quincies and Shinigami...

Coming back to what Urahara mentioned about Humans being polar opposite to Hollows and Quincies being polar opposite to Shinigami (in a literal sense as illustrated by the means of preventing the Soul Suicide of a hybrid), I have adjusted my theory to them being opposites in the sense that they're alive and dead counterparts. Basically, when a Human dies they become a Plus and eventually become Hollows; in contrast, when a Quincy dies they become a Plus and eventually become Shinigami...

If this theory does turn out to be correct, it explains a lot of things about how this blood war began; what it boils down to is the fact that Juhabach would be the progenitor of not only the Shinigami, but (by extension) the Shinigami as well!!! In other words, he's quite rightfully the King of BOTH races, so he's obviously going to be PISSED that the Soul King is sitting in his seat!!!!!

I believe the the name "Quincy" and the 5-pointed star symbolises the Royal Realm (i.e. the Soul King and the 5 Royal Guards) that Juhabach is determined to rule over!!!!!...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Theory of the Races and the True Motive of the Blood War

What, not only the originator from the shinigami, but the shinigami as well? haha

Nah, shinigami did very likely exist before Juha Bach since he seemingly has aged since then. [He has only been alive again for 100 years right?]

How and why do you explain the Soul King? Your argument is very weak unless you can provide something about the most godlike being in the series.

And most importantly: Why did you delete one of the wrong predictions from your sig? :P We won't know how many times you were wrong like that.

!!!! .... ,,,,, mhm? More points and exclamation marks won't any credibility to your theory.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 12, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Hi folks,

I've recently had a change of mind when it comes to the theory behind the origins of the Quincies and Shinigami...

Coming back to what Urahara mentioned about Humans being polar opposite to Hollows and Quincies being polar opposite to Shinigami (in a literal sense as illustrated by the means of preventing the Soul Suicide of a hybrid), I have adjusted my theory to them being opposites in the sense that they're alive and dead counterparts. Basically, when a Human dies they become a Plus and eventually become Hollows; in contrast, when a Quincy dies they become a Plus and eventually become Shinigami...

If this theory does turn out to be correct, it explains a lot of things about how this blood war began; what it boils down to is the fact that Juhabach would be the progenitor of not only the Shinigami, but (by extension) the Shinigami as well!!! In other words, he's quite rightfully the King of BOTH races, so he's obviously going to be PISSED that the Soul King is sitting in his seat!!!!!

I believe the the name "Quincy" and the 5-pointed star symbolises the Royal Realm (i.e. the Soul King and the 5 Royal Guards) that Juhabach is determined to rule over!!!!!...
    I mentioned this in another thread but hasn't the manga implied that spiritually aware humans that die don't loose their powers? Mayuri made a point of getting quincy to experiment on via leaving them to die from hollow attacks. If when quincy died they became shinigami then mayuri wouldn't have been able to experiment on them with the method described in the manga. I also have my doubts about only quincy becoming shinigami in the afterlife. In that case the shinigami destroying the quincy would be a stupid move altogether, it equates to their own destruction. And so far it does not appear that has been the case.

The issue here is that the soul king appears to have some special qualities of his own. Urahara described the soul king as the lynchpin, a being that holds reality itself together. In this case the issue is, what exactly makes the soul king? Aizen wanted to be the soul king but it appears his ultimate goal was to change the world to his linking into what he perceived would be better. If the king is the lynchpin, if the king has some world defining role beyond merely ruling then being the origin of a race or two would have no relevance to whether juhabach should or shouldn't be king. It would be about the capability to hold reality together and that sort of thing.

It is interesting the quincy cross could be made to fit the 5 cities and royal palace though. The whole thing could be more related to the whole thing the king has about the structure of the world though. It seems even the royals can't just leave the royal dimension at will so perhaps they have some special role to fulfill regarding keeping the world together.

Something I think should be more discussed though is a particular word the quincy have used to describe shinigami. The quincy have refered to shinigami as "treacherous" a number of times if I recall. Yet the manga has yet to explain what treachery they have committed. Perhaps there is some merit to the idea that at some point shinigami and quincy coexisted. Then they had an argument of sorts and fought each other. The question would be what exactly could cause a war between them if they had originally coexisted. Perhaps the development of the zampakuto? Shinigami presumably fought somehow before zampakuto so perhaps them using their abilities without zampakuto would be similar to what quincy today do. At the time the quincy would have had at most the lets stilt however that was a fragile power. Perhaps the development of the zampakuto was what triggered everything.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Haku
    Please discuss personal matters via PM and not in discussion topics. Thanks for your consideration.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I like your theory you posted before, it made me think more, although this one is plausible too.

New Reply