Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are titans made of?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Titan's composition

So far i've seen many posts about what the titans are made of. It's definetively difficult to determine. So far we've seen that eren's father can give people the ability to turn into titans, which gives the impression that what turns them is something chemical or biological. However, eren can retain his human personality and reason while in titan form, contrary to most titans. the other intelegent titans we've seen have diferent proportions, have unique qualities and abilities, and seem more resiliant than the average titan. i say this because when eren fought the regular titans, he ripped the head of one clean off with one blow, and when he fought annie, he landed several, as though they had impact, they were not nearly as destructive. With this, i propose the following- there is some matter of divine force intervening with the titans (seing as their bodies appear with lightning and in a split second), and that the wall (aparently made of titan bodies) is described as gift from god, but the creation of a titan can be brought about by man (the compound in eren's father's posetion (which must have some mystical influence, because he says that their memories will help).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are titans made of?

No offence but if the Ape Titans knew how to code DNA, I think the war between humans and titans would be over?
    Unless the Ape Titans don't want that...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought that they were probably composed of a carbon based polymer compound (like plastic) which explains their lightness. I think the carbon could be derived from free floating carbon dioxide in the air. Once formed, the titan bodies use sunlight to power their internal biological functions. The electricity could be by design to either power the titan reaction, or a result of the reaction which causes an electrical imbalance between the surrounding area and the titan body (similar to how lightning is formed). I think the titan vapor is actually o-zone (O3) which is created during lightening events .

The titan body appears to maintain its structure so long as titan parts and blood are connected to the nervous system. This suggests that the brain and nerves of the host "human" are somehow directing the maintenance of a clearly artificial system. When kept at the high temperature, fed with sunlight, and connected to the titan "circulatory system" (presumably because they have blood, they need it for some reason?) they do not vaporize. The material should be considered strange as most materials get more "solid" as they get colder, but titan bodies vaporize. I would posit that its probably kept from vaporizing by some sort of low level electrical current in the titan bodies which is solar powered.

The titan bodies also replicate muscle, but I don't think its actual protein. I think its memory materials that also respond to solar powered electricity. Memory materials can change their shape based on the application of electricity from a elongated to a contracted state. Theoretically by synchronizing memory materials, you could build a "muscle." I think this is the basis on which Titans operate.

So, in summary, I think Titan bodies are made of carbon based polymers (plastics) which are built out of the carbon dioxide in the air. The material of titan bodies is maintained as solids and liquids by solar powered electrical currents, titans move based on the principal of memory materials responding to electricity, and when separated from the titan (& its solar power), the structure of the polymer degrades back to carbon dioxide/vapor.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are made of mostly vitamin d. Whatever vitmaind has in it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

This article is super interesting and very relevant.

"Scientists Create A Powerful Muscle Fibre From Fishing Line And Sewing Thread"

http://www.thealmagest.com/scientist...g-thread/10418

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I have no idea but I think it is the biggest clue about titan by far.
    Last edited by lolnameless; April 08, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2