Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Pick who you think wins.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akutsu

    5 55.56%
  • Shiraishi

    4 44.44%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah there are Translations saying "had that shot gone in... I'd have been in trouble"
    But they all imply Fuji would have taken Shiraishi out.
    Since after 5thCounter, if Shiraishi cannot return the insane lob that comes after 5thCounter, considering they were at a tie-break, it would have definitely been Fuji's win.
    Which is why Kenya comes over to give Shiraishi some assurance that "The winner will win. Right?" or something like that. Akutsu is able to hit an Offensive shot from any physical position.
    In other words, no matter what awkward position he is on the court, he can hit back a shot that is either a lob or a drop or a strong forehand or backhand regardless.

    Akutsu can definitely take points off of Shiraishi the same way Matsudaira/Miyako were in Doubles.
    Shiraishi without the gauntlet would have high enough stats to completely break through the fifth counter. His arm speed increased to the point that Miyako and Matsudaira weren't able to take any points off of him. They found that his leg speed did not increase, however Shiraishi and Akutsu currently have the same speed stat so in that nature they are even.

    Before I thought Bible Tennis would be countered by flexible random tennis however, flexible random tennis is also predictable. Akutsu's weak mental strength makes him hit attacks in which he aims at the players body with his power. When Shiraishi increases his swing speed he will be able to see through Akutsu.

    Shiraishi's style is that of defeating counters. His service speed was enough to make the third court get caught looking. When they adjusted to his serve, they could only lob it (except the young master purely returned it once). Matsudaira is one stat below akutsu. He is one stat higher in speed and one stat lower in power and technique. I think it is established that Akutsu's power will not overwhelm Shiraishi without the gauntlet. I think Shiraishi pulls ahead on a stat basis and play style-wise they are even.

  2. #17
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Akutsu's weak mental strength makes him hit attacks in which he aims at the players body with his power.
    Akutsu's mental is average for a MSer, not terrible. And I don't really know where the second part is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Shiraishi's style is that of defeating counters. His service speed was enough to make the third court get caught looking. When they adjusted to his serve, they could only lob it (except the young master purely returned it once).
    Matsudaira returned it cleanly as well, the issue was that Akaya unlocked Sane Devil Mode, which resulted in him not getting hit by the returns anymore.

  3. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Akutsu's mental is average for a MSer, not terrible. And I don't really know where the second part is from?



    Matsudaira returned it cleanly as well, the issue was that Akaya unlocked Sane Devil Mode, which resulted in him not getting hit by the returns anymore.

    Akutsu versus Echizen when Akutsu was provoked he aimed at Echizen's head. If Akutsu loses sight of his mental strength he aims to hurt his opponent (he is also known as a generally violent kid). Shiraishi has increased his swing speed immensely so could therefore return those shots aimed to hurt him.

    True it could have been the initial overwhelming, but I still believe in that battle Shiraishi exceeded Matsudaira and Miyako.

  4. #19
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Akutsu versus Echizen when Akutsu was provoked he aimed at Echizen's head. If Akutsu loses sight of his mental strength he aims to hurt his opponent (he is also known as a generally violent kid).
    That was certainly true back then, but since Akutsu went through the whole transformation thing in the last match, I don't think it would necessarily be the same now. Also Shiraishi doesn't provoke his opponents nearly as much as Ryoma.

  5. #20
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi



    I really feel like this whole thing was provocation on Shiraishi's part.

    Also I didn't think that was his transformation. He was still violent toward Sanada in the match when he kicked him in the stomach. He's still an unconventional ruffian, he just truly enjoys and works at tennis.

  6. #21
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    He didn't want to kick Sanada, the latter asked him to do so (because Sanada wanted to redeem himself).

    Also, nothing says that the stats are Shiraishi's without the gaunlet, so as far as I know Akutsu and Shiraishi have 20 (until Konomi says otw).

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Akutsu's weak mental strength makes him hit attacks in which he aims at the players body with his power. When Shiraishi increases his swing speed he will be able to see through Akutsu.
    ...that happenned in the first arc in PoT. He didn't do that at all in the last match.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  7. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    He didn't want to kick Sanada, the latter asked him to do so (because Sanada wanted to redeem himself).

    Also, nothing says that the stats are Shiraishi's without the gaunlet, so as far as I know Akutsu and Shiraishi have 20 (until Konomi says otw).



    ...that happenned in the first arc in PoT. He didn't do that at all in the last match.
    He acts the same as he did in the first arc of POT. We barely saw Aktsu hit any balls in this match so I would argue since there is nothing suggesting he has or has not changed, one must think that he hasn't changed (especially since outside of the court his persona is still violent).

    Sanada asked him to slap him Aktsu kicked him. Akutsu was obviously trying to throw books at Ohmagari. His favorite phrase is don't order me around. He is the same person as in the first arc of POT.

    I argued this before, but it wasn't really discussed. Shiraishi has perfectly balanced stats before he takes off his gauntlet. Since only certain components of his game are affected by the removal of the gauntlet, it would suggest that the change in stats would cause him to no longer have perfectly balanced stats (ergo he wouldn't have a 20 if the stats were without him wearing his gauntlet). He must have improved all of his stats through rigorous training from 3.5s to 4.0s.

  8. #23
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Sanada asked him to slap him Aktsu kicked him. Akutsu was obviously trying to throw books at Ohmagari. His favorite phrase is don't order me around. He is the same person as in the first arc of POT.
    Akutsu kicked Sanada because Sanada asked to be punished, but he didn't slap him to make it clear to Sanada that Sanada's not the person in charge in that doubles. If Sanada hadn't asked, Akutsu wouldn't have done anything. As for the Ohmagari thing, that's certainly true, but it didn't happen within the context of a match, so there's room for doubt in my mind. Sengoku commented that Akutsu's mentality in matches has changed, so I don't think Shiraishi could trick him into doing something stupid.

    I also think that without the gauntlet, Shiraishi's stats are above 20, however I believe that Akutsu's flexibility is superior to Shiraishi's bible.

  9. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Akutsu kicked Sanada because Sanada asked to be punished, but he didn't slap him to make it clear to Sanada that Sanada's not the person in charge in that doubles. If Sanada hadn't asked, Akutsu wouldn't have done anything. As for the Ohmagari thing, that's certainly true, but it didn't happen within the context of a match, so there's room for doubt in my mind. Sengoku commented that Akutsu's mentality in matches has changed, so I don't think Shiraishi could trick him into doing something stupid.

    I also think that without the gauntlet, Shiraishi's stats are above 20, however I believe that Akutsu's flexibility is superior to Shiraishi's bible.


    Does this count? Akutsu is hitting at Ryoga after being provoked and it is with tennis balls.

    Also I agree Akutsu's flexibility > Shiraishi's bible assuming equal stats. I think taking off the gauntlet pushes Shiraishi over Aktusu.

  10. #25
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post


    Does this count? Akutsu is hitting at Ryoga after being provoked and it is with tennis balls.
    Maybe? I could argue that because Akutsu has a special rival thing going on with Ryoma, Ryoga's words had more impact and so it doesn't. I really don't know though.
    Last edited by Kaoz; November 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

  11. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Even still doesn't that show that he has some anger management problems that I think Shiraishi could exploit this.

    I think one thing that we must be disagreeing on is how the removal of the gauntlet will affect Shiraishi's stats. In my opinion if Shiraishi's stats will increase by at least 2 thus giving him a big advantage over Akutsu.

  12. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Even still doesn't that show that he has some anger management problems that I think Shiraishi could exploit this.
    Perhaps. It also depends on what you mean by exploit. I don't see Akutsu getting psychologically broken by being provoked a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    I think one thing that we must be disagreeing on is how the removal of the gauntlet will affect Shiraishi's stats. In my opinion if Shiraishi's stats will increase by at least 2 thus giving him a big advantage over Akutsu.
    I think it's +3 personally, +1 Speed and +2 Stamina.

  13. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I think it's +3 personally, +1 Speed and +2 Stamina.
    I always thought swing speed meant power, sorry I didn't see you had said this before too.

    That would mean he would be as fast as the fastest middle schooler. He would also have the most stamina of any middle schooler. I think that this combined with bible tennis would allow him to overcome Akutsu's flexibility. The only place in which Akutsu would exceed shiraishi is power which I think he could manage. Stats definitely matter.

  14. #29
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    I always thought swing speed meant power, sorry I didn't see you had said this before too.

    That would mean he would be as fast as the fastest middle schooler. He would also have the most stamina of any middle schooler. I think that this combined with bible tennis would allow him to overcome Akutsu's flexibility. The only place in which Akutsu would exceed shiraishi is power which I think he could manage. Stats definitely matter.
    No, remember that it's still arm speed and not leg speed. Shiraishi wouldn't be as fast as Kenya in terms of running by taking off the weight.

  15. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Shiraishi

    So if the speed stat encompasses both swing speed and running speed, then would it also account for Akutsu's swing speed as a result of his flexibility?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts