Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

Post your suggestions here.

Here's mine for New Roles:

Successor - the successor automatically inherits the Day Time Vigilante Role when/if the Vigilante was killed before he/she have used his/her ability to kill during day phase.

Healthy Townie - when the Sickly Townie targets the Healthy Townie there will be no effect. He/She will be able to vote.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; November 16, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kat's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

Oh when we used to play Mafia in real life we had this role Mirror. And the 2nd role is what I read about back then.

Exhibitionist (the name is pretty stupid)- has an ability to "scare" somebody at night and the person is unable to talk/discuss during the next day phase. The person can only vote.

Mirror- if mafia targets the Mirror, instead of the Mirror being killed the mafia member who made the kill dies.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhhhh interesting thread. Why did I not see this earlier!

Successor I don't see a problem with this, only that so far most Vigilantes used their power on day one, out of fear they get killed before using it. probably adding

See no problem with the Healthy Townie, like an substitute of normal Townie. adding

The Mirror is pretty similar to the Bomb, just that it is only dangerous for the Mafia. Kind of overpowered. Hmm not sure. Maybe one could adjust it somehow, like it reflecting any ability that is used on it... but that would only be healing (which sort of makes sense, the Doctor being protected by the Mirror when targeting it), blocking (just a wasted move then, except it neglates the ability of the mirror and making it vulnerable to Mafia kills), investigation (really don't know how that should work). OR we can make it work like this: the Mirror targets someone every night, and projects the effect that is done to it on someone else. i.e. killing, protecting, investigation (without the detectives knowing), distracting... only thing bothers me here is that it is an other unvulnerable night character. What do you guys think? ~pending

Exhibitionist as like the opposer of Sickly Townie powerwise. Sort of overpowered, I don't know. The whole game is based on discussings at days, it would take a lot of fun out of it, IMO. /rejecting in this execution
    Last edited by Evil3ye; December 03, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like any of them.

The successor kills some of the strategy behind the vigilante. Not only that, I don't see how it's fair if a mafia takes him down and then there's another bastard with a gun.

Healthy townie is a role that will end up revealed as a townie if a sickly targets him, and I don't like that. Besides, the sickly is already weak enough to have a bastard inmune to it.

The Mirror is a safe PGO, simply OP.

The exhibitionist is a joy killer.

Gonna add some roles that we suggested a long time ago (in the LoL game discussion) later.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking to alter some roles that I'm not happy with.

How about this:
    Investigator (Townie): The Investigator can investigate a dead player each night. if his role is hidden because of the Janitor. He uses his ability during the day by sending a PM to the host so that only he get to knows the unknown role. (GAME 24) He gets to know the player's role when it's hidden by the Janitor, the Detectives' and Doctors' state of mind and can see through a Death Miller.

...and something with the Paranoid Gun Owner having only one bullet in his gun.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; December 03, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Jester

Spoiler show

Neighbor

Spoiler show

Hated Townie

Spoiler show

TFPTSLBOOIA

Vagabond

Spoiler show

Mafia Recruiter

Spoiler show

Hypnotist

Spoiler show

Spy

Spoiler show

Shrinks (Orgz)

Spoiler show

Threatener and Knock-Out Champion!!!(Orgz)

Spoiler show

Badass Cowboy

Spoiler show

Time Bomb

Spoiler show

Foreign Exchange Student

Spoiler show

Pimp

Spoiler show

Burden

Spoiler show

Bomb Diffuser
    Spoiler show

The Special

Spoiler show

Mason Hater

Spoiler show

The Backup

Spoiler show

Ultra Hated Townie (joke)

Spoiler show

That's it I guess...

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    I was thinking to alter some roles that I'm not happy with.

How about this:
    Investigator (Townie): The Investigator can investigate a dead player each night. if his role is hidden because of the Janitor. He uses his ability during the day by sending a PM to the host so that only he get to knows the unknown role. (GAME 24) He gets to know the player's role when it's hidden by the Janitor, the Detectives' and Doctors' state of mind and can see through a Death Miller.

...and something with the Paranoid Gun Owner having only one bullet in his gun.
    You want to make the Investigator even more OP? No thanks.

The PGO should kill only someone that tries to kill him (vengeful townie, the last person that voted for him -they both go down-, a mafia, or an insane doctor); not everything that targets him.
    Last edited by Hardy; December 04, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand what "yojimbo hero" means in the Vagabond description.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't either... those are Greg's words

It's basically a 3rd party that knows who the mafia is. Kinda like a 1 player lover.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

And how is the investigator overpowered? He is infact pretty useless since the Janitor ability has been altered. And finding out a Detective's sanity is only useful if he had the change to reveal some results- so only late in the game.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

In the LoL gmae the Investigator screwed up us really hard. We had to kill detectives, prostitutes, doctors, and a guy that didn't let us lie at all. He made the Janitor useless... until we got rid of him. Dunno what changed in the Janitor's ability (at least in the games I played).

It isn't really late game, by day 2/3 you already have people claiming their moves.

I really like the changes you did in the role section btw.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Oh, and don't you think that this thread should go sticky?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yojimbo is a famous movie were a strong samurai comes to town and both factions try to recruit him...in which he is all to obliged to play both sides

somewhat of a 3rd party i guess

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Jester: Wins when being killed. /I don't like it, because I think it's way too easy of a task.

Neighbor: Can be of any alliance. It's basically Mason just that they have other roles and don't know if the other Neighbors are not Mafia. /I don't like it at all. What's their point.

Hated Townie: One vote less to be lynched. /I already discussed it with niichan, it is really hard to execute, as it is only possible when there is a tie between Hated Townie and someone else when the time is up. It's not impossible as we had those situations already, when we had to give additional time to break the tie. So theoretically this role can be added.

The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass: It was a 25% bulletproof 75% vigilante that could "aim" to change its kill chances for one kill to 100% on Mafia and 25% on Town. /that's quite hard to get. What does 25per cent BP mean?

...ok I'm too tired for that, continuing tmrw.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I understood you (just checked the movie). I'd really like him this way...

Spoiler show

...but it's kinda op and really complex so forget about it, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Jester: Wins when being killed. /I don't like it, because I think it's way too easy of a task.
    You can make it harder though.

Wins when being lynched. He can't say he belongs to the mafia.

See? ^^ The game goes on even if he wins anyway.

Neighbor: Can be of any alliance. It's basically Mason just that they have other roles and don't know if the other Neighbors are not Mafia. /I don't like it at all. What's their point.

Hated Townie: One vote less to be lynched. /I already discussed it with niichan, it is really hard to execute, as it is only possible when there is a tie between Hated Townie and someone else when the time is up. It's not impossible as we had those situations already, when we had to give additional time to break the tie. So theoretically this role can be added.
    Well, the neighbors are Masons with roles... and that's it lol. I don't like them either.

If the hated townie doesn't know he's hated, then I like it.

The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass: It was a 25% bulletproof 75% vigilante that could "aim" to change its kill chances for one kill to 100% on Mafia and 25% on Town. /that's quite hard to get. What does 25per cent BP mean?

...ok I'm too tired for that, continuing tmrw.
    I simply said "no..." because it was complex as fack... too try hard of a role (well, it's on porpuse ), I don't think I even understand it myself. 25% BP would be that he has 25 % chance of blocking a bullet I guess.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Ok so, there were 9 more roles (and that's it, we already have the rest) in mafiascum labeled as "normal roles". So I'd like to have them all here:

Bodyguards
    Spoiler show

Macho

Spoiler show

Gunsmith (can be pro or anti town)

Spoiler show

Ninja

Spoiler show

Jailkeeper

Spoiler show

Tree Stump

Spoiler show

The Coward

Spoiler show

Survivor

Spoiler show

Hunter

Spoiler show

And that's it.

Also, I want to recommend one myself

Jesus

Spoiler show

If someone is interested and wants to check more roles, here's a link with a ton of them http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...Category:Roles

Like this one

Inquisitor

Spoiler show

I think I've posted a lot of them already, so I'll stop
    Last edited by Hardy; December 04, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

dammit I was almost finished typing, then the PC crashed.

Anyway, long story short, will only mention the interesting roles.

Mafia Recruiter - imagine him starting all by himself and first recruiting a whole mafia team of his own choice (in a scenario where the role is altered, that he can recruit anyone, not just normal townies), that could be a really fun game too.

Hypnotist - like it, adding.

Threatener /KO Champ - like it, but too overpowered. I have two version in mind. Either like Org said for the KO Champ, he can do it every second round only, or he can pick one person only which is immobilized by fear until his death. We can do both versions actually, the one being the threatener other KO champ.

Badass Cowboy - love it, adding.

Time Bomb - cool too, but I would alter it so that it only explodes when its time is up, not when it is being lynched.

Pimp - cool too, but too overpowered as it would block two roles each night. 50/50 chance of success can be added to balance that.

Burden - yes, adding.

Bomb Diffuser - yes, good too. I found the bombs got way too cocky in past games, maybe then not everyone would instantly claim it, and just as for the BP mafia needs a counter against bomb too.

Ultra Hated Townie - actually see this happening with some altering. like suicidal or super vain townie, that can't live with himself, if there are any votes upon him by the end of the day.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Jesus can be interesting, if he really gets to be resurrected and the game is not over by then. A confirmed townie that the mafia will be having hard time to deal with.

Everything else, just meh.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the spy?

I like the Hypnotist more as a mafia guy tbh.

Besides what you said, I'd also give the Time Bomb a chance to set his bomb in night 2 instead of night 1 (cause seriously, night 1 sucks).

I have mixed feelings with the pimp mostly because we always played with just a prostitute and it would kinda screw their choices. The prostitutes don't know they have a pimp?

I like your comments about the Difusser and the Ultra Hated btw (even if the latter was just a joke lol).

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Imo, you should consider the next roles: Bodyguards, Ninja, Jailkeeper, Hunter and Inquisitor.

New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast