Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Roles and New Rules Suggestion Thread

I don't see the point of Jesus and Satan in mafia game, I dont want resurrection roles. if you are dead you are dead.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I don't see the point of Jesus and Satan in mafia game, I dont want resurrection roles. if you are dead you are dead.
    only if there is a jesus ofc...i just said if there is a jesus why not?...

could be great for those really big games...like 20+players
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

How about introducing a new role called "the talkative". It goes like, you have to do 30 posts per day, or you get hostkilled. And kdowns always gets it.

5. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.9 - Part 5

I obviously was killed before I could suicide myself, but I was thinking of perhaps a change to the Time Bomb, and perhaps a renaming.

How about this?

Time Bomb Option 1: The host decides before the game starts the night by which the Time Bomb must explode, of which the player is informed. The player can choose to explode any Night Phase, not including the first Night Phase, up to and including the Night Phase that the Time Bomb is required to explode by. The night it shall explode, it can target any other player and blow him up. If the Time Bomb is killed before the time limit is passed, it does not explode.

I was thinking that we could argue tampering or something as a reason for it to explode early, so perhaps we could do something like this

Time Bomb Option 2: The host decides before the game starts when the Time Bomb will explode, of which the player is informed. The night it shall explode, it can target any other player and blow him up. If the Time Bomb is killed before the time limit is passed it does not explode. If the Time Bomb is targeted with an investigation type ability, be it a Townie or Mafia role, the Time Bomb explodes, killing the investigating player as a result of tampering.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Time Bomb 1 seems more like Kamikaze Bomb, and Time Bomb 2 seems like a... Detective exclusive PGO that kills himself too, lol?

What's so bad about the current Time Bomb? If anything, the second one is way worse than it is atm lol.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Well, Time Bomb 1 seems more like Kamikaze Bomb, and Time Bomb 2 seems like a... Detective exclusive PGO that kills himself too, lol?

What's so bad about the current Time Bomb? If anything, the second one is way worse than it is atm lol.
    It's that you're assured of dying by a specific night, unless the Mafia Diffuser chooses to defuse you.

Name another role where you are basically forced to die. To be honest, I'd rather be rid of the role entirely, but that's most likely not a possibility.

The second option would mean that you couldn't willy nilly cast your Townie or Mafia Detective ability about, like you currently can, so you'd have to weigh your options before investigating.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

herms....a satan soul steal role would have been so badass in that game
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

pirate?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of stealing abilities...he can steal a dead persons soul....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How would that work, Greg?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    How would that work, Greg?
    idk...i was leaving it up to herms to figure it out...xD

not really into the mechanics of creating roles...but,i was thinking along the lines of countering the jesus.
    instead of an automatic resurrection of a townie...you have a mafia who could steal a soul to resurrect himself.
    but,lets say he is the 1st lynched...hence,no souls to steal.or maybe just that,he can only use it after being lynched.

oh that would be such a mindblast...say like last game.have him resurrect on the second day like jesus.then you have the debate of believing the person who actually claims jesus.

hey,it's just a thought...so many roles for town that influence the game even after they are lynched.
    vengeful/restless/jesus...hell even the new witch role to a certain extent.
    Last edited by gnut; September 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    idk...i was leaving it up to herms to figure it out...xD

not really into the mechanics of creating roles...but,i was thinking along the lines of countering the jesus.
    instead of an automatic resurrection of a townie...you have a mafia who could steal a soul to resurrect himself.
    but,lets say he is the 1st lynched...hence,no souls to steal.or maybe just that,he can only use it after being lynched.

oh that would be such a mindblast...say like last game.have him resurrect on the second day like jesus.then you have the debate of believing the person who actually claims jesus.

hey,it's just a thought...so many roles for town that influence the game even after they are lynched.
    vengeful/restless/jesus...hell even the new witch role to a certain extent.
    lol

So, I assume you were thinking something like this?

- Shinigami [Mafia]:
    The first time that the Shinigami dies, he can resurrect himself the next Day/Night Phase by stealing the soul of a deceased player; however, if the Shinigami is the first player to die, there are no souls to steal to resurrect himself with, and thus the Shinigami is unable to continue to play.

There's also another possible idea:

- Life-Stealer [Mafia]:
    The first time that the Life-Stealer dies, he can resurrect himself the next Day/Night Phase by stealing the soul of a deceased player; however, if the Life-Stealer is the first player to die, there are no souls to steal to resurrect himself with, and thus the Life-Stealer is unable to continue to play. When the Life-Stealer is resurrected, he randomly gains the role and ability of a dead player by the host using an RNG to select a dead player. Whatever the role of the dead player, the Life-Stealer becomes that role. So, if a Townie was chosen, he would join the Townies, Third-Party (not the Lover, unless you wanted something like you would then get to choose a Lover, although I think that we're removing the Lover role), or potentially his own Mafia side or another Mafia side.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    lol

So, I assume you were thinking something like this?

- Shinigami [Mafia]:
    The first time that the Shinigami dies, he can resurrect himself the next Day/Night Phase by stealing the soul of a deceased player; however, if the Shinigami is the first player to die, there are no souls to steal to resurrect himself with, and thus the Shinigami is unable to continue to play.

There's also another possible idea:

- Life-Stealer [Mafia]:
    The first time that the Life-Stealer dies, he can resurrect himself the next Day/Night Phase by stealing the soul of a deceased player; however, if the Life-Stealer is the first player to die, there are no souls to steal to resurrect himself with, and thus the Life-Stealer is unable to continue to play. When the Life-Stealer is resurrected, he randomly gains the role and ability of a dead player by the host using an RNG to select a dead player. Whatever the role of the dead player, the Life-Stealer becomes that role. So, if a Townie was chosen, he would join the Townies, Third-Party (not the Lover, unless you wanted something like you would then get to choose a Lover, although I think that we're removing the Lover role), or potentially his own Mafia side or another Mafia side.

HELL YEAH...way to do it frosty

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

yes plz add more OP roles.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast