Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: will there be a second season ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused will there be a second season ?

Hey every one

I know it not a place to talk about anime , anyway i would be appreciate if you can answer it.

I'm not a fan of anime at all since recently like a week ago my friend handed me this series & watched it & to be honest i liked this one . as you know the anime some how ended up unfinished & according what i have found here in this site the rest must be read in its manga .

as i see the manga goes far forward from the anime yet there is no new season .

did they leave the anime like that or they gonna make a new season ?

best wishes to all

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: will there be a second season ?

There will be no second season.
    Most likely they will do a remake of the series after manga in done, so in some 3 or 4 years from now.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Most likely they will do a remake of the series after manga in done, so in some 3 or 4 years from now.
    ...if we're lucky.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    There will be no second season.
    i Agree they will just do what FMA did and start over whenever the manga is done.
    which is not so bad as some stuff was left out(like Alicia was removed from the scene with Riful), only thing i am worryed about is when they dub it, hopefully they can get the same actors.

i would love to see Roxanne/Cassandra's backstory animated.
    It would also be cool if when they do this they also animate the "extra" chapters and integrate them into the anime
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As cool as a remake would be, I just don't know the odds of it actually happening.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Project Spirit View Post
    As cool as a remake would be, I just don't know the odds of it actually happening.
    i would say the odds are high, Claymore is still popular in Japan(as far as im aware) so i dont see why not
    the only thing i could think of is due to the fact that the manga appears to have no end in sight and could go on for another 2-5 years by the time its finished they might just put it to rest.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for your reply's I'm grateful .

& any of you knows such an official site or forum about this matter ? since i checked the official site don't have a single word in ENG so its completely unrealizable for me .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lantresor, I too came into anime similarly. The few I had seen I did not care for over the years. Then I randomly watched Claymore and became a fan.

I hope Brother Coa is correct in that there will be a remake. I have my doubts since so much time has passed but I am not an anime expert - to those that are have they done something similar before, remaking or adding a season after so much time has passed? One thing that worries me is since only the last couple episodes differ from the manga that a whole remake would seem unnecessary and costly, unless they simply reused the first season up to a certain point. They would really have to get the same voice actors to do that well, which would also be hard. To follow along the manga though for sure everything from the battle with Rigardo on would have to be re done. I wonder if they could just make an alternate season one ending replacing the last few episodes and then start a season two.

I just looked it up since I wasnt sure, but the original anime was produced in Japan in 2007 (though it took a couple more years to make it to the US and through the release of the box sets, etc). So as of now its been 6 years and no offical word I am aware of that they are even starting on more Claymore anime.
    T~Stew

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that it will get a remake, a sequel however will be troublesome due to the differences they have made. Furthermore unlike anime which have had a remake (HxH,FMA and Hellsing namely) the sales of claymore (both manga + anime) are alot lower overall.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Gore stuff never goes past the 1st anime...same will happen with AOT
    Only stuff for teens or kids gets lots of anime series...there are some exceptions, but they're extremely rare.
    Also, the 2nd part of Claymore manga is one of the most boring stuff around, why the heck would anyone want to spend millions animating that?
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; November 23, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the opposite. I would enjoy the second half animated, and believe it's more suited for animation anyway. All those battles that take place, all that showcasing of Claymore's besides Clare. I mean, we'd start out with an abyssal fight(that we should have seen more of anyway), what more could you ask for?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A good story is more than a ton of clueless fights, actually, that's exactly what a story shouldn't be.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClaFanN1 View Post
    A good story is more than a ton of clueless fights, actually, that's exactly what a story shouldn't be.
    And who are you to say what a story should be, you have your opinion he has his, stop sounding like an ass hole.

i think the second half would be sweet animated so much went on, the hell cat fight would be sweet, Raki traveling to find clare, so much good stuff

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you're knocking the second half for being a bad story, then I don't see anything I disagree with.

In manga format, with chapters being released once a month, these frequent large scale battles and events seem to last longer and be more repetitive. I believe in anime format, the pace and quality would be superior for the action elements.

I'm not saying anything about the actual story lines.
    Last edited by Project Spirit; November 23, 2013 at 06:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Detox's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

They did made a new Rozen Maiden anime after years nobody cared about that manga lol, at least in Occident there weren't even fansubs working on it anymore. So I would say, anything can happen, and we can always hope.

New Reply