Collective Reading of Samidare and the Biscuit Hammer by Satoshi Mizukami
I already started a few volumes and proposed to make a collective reading of this manga. Ukimix is already interested so we start the thread. Everybody is very welcome to join us in the reading of this acclaimed shounen by the same author of Sengoku Youkou and Spirit Circle.
The world is in mortal peril. Sir Noi Crezant, the Lizard Knight, has been sent to gain the aid of the great warrior Amamiya Yuuhi in hopes of finding the Princess Samidare and protecting the planet from the incredible 'Biscuit Hammer' poised to crack the Earth in two. Unfortunately Yuuhi wants no part of it, and the Princess doesn't prove to be the shining 'hero of justice' role model that Noi had hoped for.
Rules for the collective reading
- All the usual rules of courtesy.
- The agreed pace is a volume per week; and we hope to end the manga in 10 weeks. Next, the dates for the cuts and also the specific chapters of each volume:
If everyone agree, we will start the reading next week (18th november), and the comment on the 25th
Some advices to keep in mind:
- The idea of the collective reading is to read together with other people; so to share your impressions and comment on other's impressions. Then try to post at least once a week (or more if you want to), with your impressions on the chapters of the respective week. (It could be a good idea to take notes of you impressions as your reading advances. A diary of you reading could be a nice tool and could also enrich your own experience of reading).
- We can change the agreed pace on the schedule if we fell we should read faster or lower. Everyone is free to post his/her thoughts about it and we will discuss it freely and open-mindedly.
- Since nobody wants his/her reading spoiled by a comment about a chapter or volume not read yet, comments on the respective chapter/volume will be allowed preferably in the week assigned in the agreed schedule. (If is about an ulterior chapter, please, take care to post it inside spoiler tags).